Aiba loves Jun

Bad Love Scenario

***Aiba's POV

 

Here he comes, the school Ice Prince: Matsumoto Jun. He’s a model whose pictures can be seen in almost all girls’ and fashion magazine. As always, he’s on my radar. He walks with so much pride, carrying his brown leather sling bag on his right shoulder. He looks handsome as ever, even with his bed hair and thick eye glasses. I think it’s one of the legendary days where the Ice Prince is feeling irritable, does things as he likes, and doesn’t care about what people say.

 

He glances at everyone who greets him, and he just replies them with a lazy smile. As expected of the ice prince, he doesn’t even try to act nice to the most beautiful girl in this school. There’s no chance I could talk to the lone wolf like him, let alone be his friend.

 

I continue to practice. Basketball is the only thing (beside Matsumoto Jun) that took my interest in this school. People call me Aibaka because I’m airheaded, and my grades aren’t Science Olympiad material. But I’m always proud of my athletics skill, and I’m proud to be the captain of basketball club. Well, at least I still can make this school famous for always winning the sports tournament.

 

I glance at my watch, it’s 8 AM now. I’d better change and head to the class.

 

As I walk into the basketball club room, I heard someone moan. Right after that, I hear a thud, like something being kicked hard. I follow the sound that came from near the club room right away, and I find the Ice Prince standing in front of the vending machine swearing and trying desperately to insert the coin.

 

I gather my courage to greet him. “Can I help you?”

 

He turns his head. “Ah I’m sorry.” He says with his ever changing cool expression.

 

“It’s okay.” I try to stay calm, though I feel like my heart is going berserk inside my chest. “What’s wrong, Matsumoto san?”

 

He steps back and take a coin from the repayment port. “I can’t seem to insert this friggin’ coin into this machine.” He shows me a 100 yen battered coin.

 

Maybe he doesn’t know that this machine strangely accepts coins that are in good condition only. Is this God’s answer for my prayer to make a conversation with him?

 

“Can I try?” I ask hesitantly.

 

“Here.” He hands me the coin. “I tried a hundred times already, though.”

 

I chuckle. “I have 1001 ways to insert the coin successfully into this machine! First: shove it quickly, don!!!” I cried as I shoved the coin through the slot as fast as possible.

 

It’s no wonder that the coin fell directly into the repayment port. “Ah, it doesn’t work!” I fake my surprise.

 

He rolls his eyes.

 

“Don’t worry, we can always try the other ways! Second: insert the coin slowly, don!!!” I insert the coin as slowly as possible through the slot. The result is the same as the earlier.

 

He rolls his eyes again. “Forget it, it’s useless!” he says impatiently.

 

“Argh! Wait for it, I have some other ways!!!” I beg him.

 

He exhales. “Suit yourself.”

 

I grin and I do some other tricks. Rubbing the coin with my thumb and forefinger before I insert the coin: failed. Praying before inserting the coin: failed. Dancing around before inserting the coin: failed. And lastly confessing “I love you” to the machine while inserting the coin: also failed.

 

“Are you done?” he asks.

 

I pout. “Yeah, I’m really sorry, Matsumoto-san.”

 

“Well, you’re the one who wanted to try though.” He shrugs. “Thanks anyway.”

 

Oh no! “Wait, Matsumoto-san!!!” I hurriedly look for 100 yen coin in my pocket and shove it into the machine. “What kind of coffee did you want to buy?”

 

He looks at me with wonder. “Rainbow Mountain Blend, please.”

 

I push the button, and the coffee falls to the take-out port. I take it and give it to the Ice Prince. “Here, your coffee.” I try my best to give my brightest smile to him.

 

He takes the coffee and our hands touch incidentally. I feel the electricity runs all over my body. I’ll never gonna wash my hand after this!

 

“Ah, here’s your coin!” I just realized that I still hold his heavily battered coin.

 

“Just keep it! You used your money to buy this one, right!” he laughs. “Thanks, Aibaka. You’re really interesting, ne!” He says casually with a perfect curve smile on his lips, and leaves me open mouthed.

 

The Ice Prince smiles.

 

He knows my name.

 

He gave me his coin.

 

He said that I’m really interesting.

 

I think I’m going to faint.