First Night

Kingkas

I buried my head in my pillow, screaming. "I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M NEXT TO THAT GUY!!!" I yelled, crying into the soft fabric. "Unnie, it's almost time to make dinne--" "I'LL BE THERE IN A BIT MIN YOUNG-AH!" I screamed. "Wow, unnie really is an old woman~" the evil girl said, sliding away from the door. "I'LL SHOW YOU! I'LL MAKE THE BEST DINNER YOU'VE EVER HAD IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!" I hollered. "Yes, yes, grandma," Min Young replied. I heard the slam as she shut the door. "Aish, Jeon Jungkook, the worst thing that's ever happened to me..." I murmured, limp from all my stressing. "Ppangya! Ppangya! Ppangya! Da kkomjjak mara! Da kkomjjak ma!" I twitched, absolutely done with any social connections. Why did I make my ringtone such a happy song? There's nothing happy about life anymore. "HELLO?!" I screeched into my iPhone. "Um, is this Yoon Bomi?" I recognized the voice immediately as Eunji. "Y-yes!" I replied cheerfully. "Hey, hey, Bomi, what's the news?" she said in what I call "Eunglish". "Cut to the chase," I replied, briefly laughing. "Me and Hyoyeon are going out for coffee with some girls we met at the academy today. Wanna come with?" I twitched again at the mention of the school. School=Jungkook..."Sure!"
"Are you okay with having a babysitter?" I asked. The way Min Young turned around to look at me was just...taken out of a horror movie. "Why?" she asked in the deepest voice that a six year old could muster. "U-um, I'm going out with Eunji and Hyoyeon and some other girls..." I said. She lunged at me and clamped onto my thigh. "I want to come too!" she whined. "Yes, yes! Now go get dressed!" I said nervously. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing currently?" she asked. I shivered. "Nothing, M-Min Young!" I reassured her. "We can even get you a sandwich from the cafe we're going to! How does that sound?" She nodded happily, but it seemed comparable to a creepy clown smiling. "Sounds great!
We both waited until I heard the honk of Eunji's old truck. "Hey, Min Young-ie!" Eunji yelled. "By the way, excuse the idiots in the back." She jabbed her thumb towards two boys, one handsome and the other handsome. That was all I could describe them as. "I want to ride with oppas!" Min Young insisted. I looked towards them, and they nodded. Are they heavenly? Min Young ran towards the two boys, and I jumped in the car with two other girls. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Bomi," I said, nodding curtly to the two of them. Now that I looked at them, they were really pretty...and they looked like the type of girl who would swarm around Jungkoo--NO. "Seolhyun," the girl to the left said. "Ciao! I'm Choa-yaong," the blonde girl wearing cat ears introduced. She seemed like a perky cheerleader type. "Hey, Eunji, why do you seemingly hate those guys in the back?" I ask. "They're just two byuntaes who act like they're in love with us," Eunji and Hyoyeon replied. "Really? Then I'm not so sure I want them with my sis--" Then I remembered. She's basically a demon lord. "Even if you were worried, they don't seem like the type to do that to just anyone. Even though they might be byuntaes in front of us, they might be total shy weirdos to others. But if you look back there no--YAH! KIM TAEHYUNG! GET THAT MOP OFF YOUR HEAD!" Eunji screamed. Min Young, the one with the mop on top of his head and the other boy with the too-happy smile simply gave her a thumbs-up. "YAH! RESPECT US!" Hyoyeon, Eunji and I shrieked.
"So all handsome guys really are dimwits?" I asked, sighing deeply. Wait, Jung Jeonggook or whatever his name was wasn't handsome! What am I thinking? "They're not handsome, but sure. Handsome guys could be all dummies," Hyoyeon agreed, putting her arms behind her head. "Wait, isn't it dangerous for them to be playing like that on the open road?" Eunji shrugged. "Dunno. But they're idiots if they continue to do that." I looked back, worried for my sister. I opened the window, hoping that the two idiots playing with her could hear me. "PROTECT HER WITH YOUR LIFE, YOU HEAR ME?" I hollered out the window, cornering poor Seolhyunnie. "Yeah, yeah, grandma-ssi," they both said in unison. Instead of continuing to yell at them, I decided that Min Young told them that and felt relaxed. As soon as I sat back in my seat, Choa grabbed my arm and held me closer. "So...how long have you known Eunji-yaong and Hyoyeon-yaong?" she asked me. "Um...well I'm kind of a ditz and can't think straight right now. But without calculating, I'd say I've known Eunji since about when I was born, because we were born in the same hospital room, and Hyoyeon since I was two." Choa looked at me with glistening eyes. "Interesting! I've only known Seolhyun-yaong since we were five. I know that's a long time too, but it's nothing compared to you-yaong," she immediately saddened. "No, that's really long! I've only known Naeun since I was nine, since Eunji introduced me to her. Naeun and Eunji have known each other the longest, because their mothers were friends long long long before they both were even born!" Choa's mouth formed an "O" and the cat-like girl tilted her head. I began to tell her more stories.
When after an eternity, we finally got to the cafe, I immediately jumped at the chance to rescue Min Young from the grips of her attackers. "Unnie, you can walk with me to the cafe, but I want to sit with oppas when we get there." She pointed to the...whoa, they're GIANTS! "Yah! You! You people who set attacks on villages! Treat my sister well!" I shouted, as if those idiots were six feet taller than me. "Whoa, you're short!" I only reached their hips. "Yeah, yeah, now just go." I started to walk forward with my sister, arguing her to put her jacket on. "Aniya! It's too hot!" Min Youngie whined. "Fine, but don't tell me that when Jack Frost goes strolling through Seoul," I reminded her, taking her hand once more and catching up with Eunji and Choa, who had walked the farthest ahead. "Oh, who's this pretty unnie?" Min Young asked, pointing to the cat girl. "Hi, little one. I'm Choa-unnie-yaong!" Choa greeted, tucking loose strands of my sister's hair behind her ear. "Sister-nim, I like this unnie better than you." "HEY! YOU DON'T SAY THAT TO MY FACE!" I protested, stomping forward.
Eunji got us the biggest table in the house, because obviously we needed it. Then we called over a waiter, and I ordered dark coffee (everyone stared at me in surprise) while Min Young ordered a ham sandwich. "So, who's paying?" the guy who put a mop on his head mentioned. "I can do it, but Eunji can't." "Yah! I have to! I invited most of these people," Eunji protested, but he seemed to ignore her. "So Eunji's out of the question." "I'll do it," Choa and I said in unison. "Good, so we'll split it three ways?" We all heard Eunji grumble "I should be paying", but mop namja put his finger on her lips and got out his credit card, as did I and Choa. When we got up from the table, the guy shook our hands and thanked us. "No problem, yaong!" Choa said, smiling happily. "I'm Taehyung, what are your names?" "Bomi and Choa," I said, gesturing to myself and Choa respectively. Choa nodded and skipped ahead to the cash register, mouthing "slowpokes!" I smiled briefly, then looked to Taehyung. "What's your relationship with Eunji, by the way?" I asked. "Childhood friends." What?
Who is this kid? He walked ahead and I slowly walked forward. "Hi, and are you paying now?" the cashier asked. "Yes, and we'd like to split it three ways." "No problem," Cashier-nim said. Before I wasn't really paying attention to his facial features. But now, they look sort of like...I hid behind Taehyung immediately. "Um, dear customer, are you okay?" he asked. "Y-yes!" I said half-heartedly, still hiding behind Taehyung. The giant tutted and pulled me out from behind him. "Sorry, she's mentally disabled." Giant-nim scoffed. "Oh, I see now. Hello dear customer. Or should I say...Yoon Bomi?" The familiar smirk that we all know and hate appeared on his face, and I immediately felt insecure. "Well, my secret's out. Not good, especially to you. Who knows, you might fall and just get all the words knocked out of you."