First Day

Kingkas

"Bomi! You're going to be late!" Aish, this girl...as if I didn't already know! "Yeah, yeah, Yoon Min Young!" I hollered back, fishing and fishing for my new school's uniform. When I finally found it, I hurriedly put it on, only to find that I had the top on backwards. "You've got to be kidding me!" I yelled, stomping my foot and quickly fixing the askew shirt. "Eh?" I heard Min Young say. "Don't speak!" I replied, pointing a finger in her direction. "Geez, I was only worried about your safety..." As if! I started looking through all my drawers and my entire wardrobe for my Converse Highs. "Min Young, where on earth are my shoes?!" I asked, tugging on my socks. She appeared in the doorway, holding my precious sneakers by the laces. Like I wasn't late already! "I'll give them back to you...if you promise to be the grandmother when we play House." For being six years old, she sure was evil. "Fine, fine!" I said, snatching them from her and cramming my feet in the red converse. "Remember your promise," she warned. "Or else I dip them in mud." Ah, what a torturer!
"Bye, bye, unnie," I heard Min Young holler from the door. The way she laughed afterwards was certainly creepy. "Bye, Min Young-ah! Your lunch is on the kitchen counter, remember!" I said, leaving. I straightened my backpack, which was previously hanging loose from my shoulders, and continued on my way to school. I looked forward to this year, because I could have a fresh new start at a renowned school in Gangnam. I was bullied for my mother's absense at my old school, called a grandmother or elderly woman because I took care of my sister more than either of my parents ever could. And even though I had my childhood friends by my side, it eventually got too much for me, and like a coward, I just left the school altogether. I was to start school immediately at Kyunggi High School, for which I miraculously passed the tests for. And, of course, my childhood friends were the ones I had cram class with, so therefore they passed the tests too, since we all had the same level of understanding for it. So, the people I care about most and myself are due for a new adventu--
Suddenly, I trip over something, and I start to fall. It seems to happen in slow motion, but I know it's only one swift movement. And then...I feel this weight on my chest. And for some reason, it's not painful. I look down to see an arm around my chest...had someone caught me? Just as I was about to say thank you, I heard him say, "Tch, so annoying." With that, he immediately let go and I let out a short grunt as I fell to the ground, my knee screaming from the impact. "Yah!" I yelled. "What's your deal?" He turned around, showing me that he was smirking. "What's your 'deal'? Falling like that," he mocked, rolling his eyes and shoving his hands into his pockets. He then tutted and turned his back, walking in the exact same direction I was. No...don't tell me...? 
I shyly started walking towards the school, moving slowly so I could stay at least ten feet behind him. At one point in the trip to the school, he stopped, his black shoes scuffing on the pavement. In puzzlement, I stopped as well. He turned around, again hands stuffed in pockets. "Yah! Are you stalking me or something?" he asked. I shook my head, crossing my arms. "No! I go to that school, Kyunggi Academy," I said, pointing to the big building in front of us. He turned around briefly and when he looked back at me, he scoffed. "No way you go to Kyunggi. You're lying, obviously. Because how would such a klutz like you make it into an academy like this," he said. "But whatever. You're just another one of my crazy fangirls. It's no big deal." He continued walking, and I glared at his back for five minutes. How could he be popular! No way! I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice when he stopped and I eventually bumped into his back. "Oh? You're evolving to skinship now?" he asked, smirking. "Well, you're just a clone in a lab now, aren't you?" I stared at him for a couple seconds, shocked at his behavior. "No W-A-Y, no way!" I said, punching him across the face. He stared back at me in anger. "Aish!" he yelled, holding a fist in front of my face, mid-punch. I scoffed, and walked ahead of him. What a kid.
He eventually caught up to me and we bickered until we both reached Kyunggi Academy. And that was when I was swarmed by them. What seemed like at least twenty girls crowded around me and annoying namja. Were these his--"Oppa! What took you so long!" Girls that seemed like models began to suffocate me, shoving me up against each other. "Ah, sorry, I had a bit of a holdup! The bus that I normally take was delaying, so I had to walk," he explained...kindly? The tall namja smiled at all of the girls kissing his , not even acknowledging my short self getting squished by all the 167 centimeter girls. So, wait a minute...this guy had girls following him? And on top of that...beautiful girls?! How? And, if he's acting nice to these girls and they're getting fooled...then he should've been nice to them right off the bat. And if that's so, then why did he act like that to me right when he met me? "Bomi-yah!" I heard my name being called by a harmony of three familiar voices. I ran off to meet my friends, and I was caught by an hand. "Yah! Whoever you are! My name's Jungkook!" he yelled, almost angrily. I turned around and stuck my tongue out. "Bomi," I replied, shaking his big hand off and moving towards my group.
"Dude, I haven't seen you in forever," Nauen said, drooping her entire figure to exaggerate her point. "Only a week," I reminded, giving her a hug. "And who was that boy? Your husband?" Eunji teased, scoffing. "That why you're late?" "Eunji!" Hyoyeon said. "What? It's time our Beautiful Bomi got a boyfriend." I had always been called the beautiful one of the group, although I have no reasons why. I'm the second shortest girl out of all of us, and I look like an alien most of the time. "Let's go to class," I suggested happily, apparently interrupting a talk about how Naeun should get a boyfriend first. "Good idea," Nauen said warily, taking my hand. Eunji and Hyoyeon cackled evilly. Wow. They're scary, these chingus. I looked back to see Jungmook or whatever his name is being pulled in several directions at once. He caught me staring and grinned. I felt a heat rising to my cheeks, and I prayed to the genies that I wasn't blushing.
When we walked into the school, all the chattering briefly stopped, then commenced once again. Although a few boys stopped talking altogether and began to stare at Eunji. When I followed their gaze, I realized that they were staring at her legs. s. I moved closer to her and put my arm around her, and then I realized that they were staring at Nauen's legs as well. And then Hyoyeon's legs. And then my own! I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist, and subtly motioned the others to do it as well, briefly jabbing my thumb in the byuntaes' direction. They all nodded and copied my motions, walking quickly past the byuntaes. When we were out of earshot, we sighed in relief. "Jesus Christ, you're a genius!" Eunji exclaimed. "You know me," I bragged, allowing myself to smirk. The bell rang. "Okay, babes, bye," I said, kissing their cheeks. Eunji and Hyoyeon hooked arms; of course the evil duo had class together. Nauen hugged me. "Good luck with your new class!" she said, waving and walking off. I nodded and continued on in the direction of my class.
When I walked in, I saw a class full of talking students, and just like when my friends and I entered the school, the entire class stopped chatting, and then immediately started chatting once more. I waited in the corner for the teacher to come in; I knew the deal and crap, had to stand next to the desk until teacher got here, yada yada. When the teacher did come in, the entire classroom went quiet. "Settle down, settle down," she said, motioning with her hands for the class to calm down. "Hello, I am Hwang Tiffany," she greeted specifically to me. "Annyeonghaseyo," I said, bowing. She smiled. "Okay, class, this is our new student," she said. "Annyeonghaseyo, everyone. My name is Yoon Bomi, and I am your new classmate. I have a sister named Min Young-ah, and three friends named Jung Eunji, Son Naeun, and Kim Hyoyeon. You'll run into them in the hallways, please be kind to them," I finished, bowing. "I hope to have a great year with you all." "Okay, you can sit in the empty seat next to that boy with the black hair in the back." Was she crazy? I'm too short for this! I smiled anyway and went towards the backseat. As I neared the desk, the more the boy became familiar.
I suspiciously sat down next to him. He immediately turned to me and smirked. It was a familiar smirk as well...wait. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jeon Jungkook. The boy you annoyed this morning. And you are Yoon Bomi, klutz," he said, biting his lip. "Boring intro, by the way. You didn't fall or anything."