Chapter 4

Could we be more than friends?

It's been a month since I started talking to Sehun properly, I went back to his for tea and met his dad. I got on well with him we mostly talked about football and some other sports.

It was Sunday night and I had work. I really liked my job, it's nothing special just a waiter at a very nice restaurant but It pays really well and they treat me very nicely.
 
"Good evening Luhan" the head chef greeted me as I arrived
"Good evening Kyungsoo, how are you?" I ask him putting my things in my locker.
"Oh good some people I know are coming tonight so I need to make sure I don't slip up" he jokes.
We talk for a bit longer until I have to go set up.
 
"Luhan can I speak to you please?" My manager asks waving me over
"Of course sir what's wrong?" I ask a little nervous.
"Don't worry you're not in trouble! It just there's a certain group of people coming in tonight and I would like you to wait on them, you are my most polite and experienced waiter you are very good with people and I want to make a very good impression on them. Could you do this for me?"
"Of course sir I will do my best!" I tell him flashing a smile 
"Good lad, the table is booked under Kim and they should be here around 7:30pm. Since you are taking this table you won't have to take any others okay? Thank you again" 
 
As time ticks on more people start to show up and it's almost time for my table to come. 
"Ah yes Mr Kim your table is right over here" I hear the girl from the front say. I walk to the kitchen to get my table a jug of cold water, I am shocked when walk back out.
"Is that?" I mutter and when I finally reach them I realise I know half of this table.
"Oh! Luhan you work here?" Mr Oh asks seeming just as surprised as I am.
"Yes Mr Oh, it's very nice to see you here. Hello Mrs Oh, hello Sehun" I bow my head placing the jug onto the table.
"You know this boy?" I hear the other man at the table ask.
"Yes this is Sehun's good friend from college he is a very nice young man" Mr Oh tells him
"Well it's very nice to meet you, I'm Mr Kim" 
"It's a pleasure Mr Kim, I'm Luhan and I will be your waiter this evening" I say with my kindest smile.
"No need to be so formal dear" Mrs Oh chuckles at how professional am I acting towards them, I smile and giggle with her.
"Here are some menus I'll let you look over them and come back for you're order" I leave them alone for a few minutes.
 
"Luhan" my manager walks over to me, he must have been watching.
"Do you know that table?" He asks pointing at the table he gave me.
"I know half of it, the Ohs. I'm friends with their son Sehun" I tell him.
"I knew it was a good idea to have you wait on them I was watching and all I could see were smiles! Keep up the good job!" He gives me the thumbs up before leaving to check the kitchen staff. 
 
As the night grew on the table got more chatty with me, even when I placed their food down they would keep me back to talk to me. Everything was going well, but something bad had to ruin my night didn't it? There was a girl around mine and Sehun's age sitting next to Mr Kim's Son (who is called Kai I think, he's a friend of Sehun's) she started giving me glares whenever I came over but she finally snapped when I brought the desserts over.
"What makes this guy so special?" She mumbles load enough for me to hear.
"Excuse me?" I ask her not sure if what I heard was correct
"What makes you so special huh?!! I came here so I could try and get closer to Sehun Oppa but every time you come over here or even get close all of his attention goes to you! He won't even speak to me but he'll speak to you no problem!! You're so annoying!!" She screams picking up her plate and throwing it at me. I look down and see that the cake Kyungsoo worked really hard on presenting was now all over my uniform. But she don't stop there, next she picked up what was left of the water jug and tipped it over my head so I was now soaked.
"That's quite enough from you!!" Mr Kim shouted whilst glazing at the girl.
"B-But it's HIS fault!!!" She yelled pointing at me
"It is NOT Luhan's fault that Sehun is interested in him over you" Sehun's friend Kai told her 
"I think you should go home now, your mother is outside waiting to take you home" Mrs Oh stated.
 
"I'm so sorry about that Luhan are you okay?" Mr Oh asked me getting up from the table "where's your manager?" 
"Is there a problem?" My manager asked suddenly poping out of no where
"Ah yes we seem to have had a bit of trouble" Mr Oh starts to explain 
"Why don't we continue this in my office?" My manger asks leading them away. 
"Sehun hunny why don't you...." Mrs Oh started but Sehun cut her off.
"I'm going to help Luhan I'll meet you outside when we are both done" And with that Sehun grabbed my hand and lead me Into the staff bathrooms.
"I'm sorry about that" he says, wetting a cloth and dapping my uniform.
"It's okay, I guess I made her mad. I didn't mean to though" I explain
"No it's not your fault she was just being childish. She a family friend of the Kim's and she apparently has a crush on me so Mr Kim let her come along tonight but after seeing her attitude I don't think he'll want to see her again" he smirks, grabbing a towel and tries to dry my hair.
"There it's not perfect but it's better I guess" he says letting the towel sit around my shoulders.
"Thanks.....Sehun" I look up and see he's already looking down at me. My breath gets caught in my throat, did time stop? Is it just me or are we getting closer? Sehun's hand snakes around the back of my neck whilst the other stays on my shoulder.
 
He gets closer and closer and just when I think something will happen the door bursts open! Sehun quickly jumps back and I turn around and find a very angry Kyungsoo
"Some people nowadays! Don't even appreciate good food or anything!!!" He yells 
"Soo? Are you okay?" I ask him, he didn't seem to notice we were here until I spoke up
"What? No! Some girl just!" He stops when he notices my uniform 
"Oh my god Luhan did that girl ruin your uniform too!" He grabs my shoulder worriedly 
"Yeah with that lovely looking cake you made" I say sadly 
"It's okay I'll live" he says sighing lighting
"Em Luhan?" I almost forgot Sehun was here!
"Oh yeah sorry Kyungsoo I have to go. Let's go Sehun." I lightly grab his wrist and drag him out.
"What now? Are you staying here?" Sehun asks turning me around to face him 
"That depends your my only table tonight if you leave then I guess I can leave but if I am asked to stay then i'll stay" I tell him. 
 
Without saying another word, Sehun grabs my hand (again!) and drags me out he takes out his phone and calls someone 
"Can you get Luhan's things and drop them at mine please? Thanks" is all I heard him say
"Where are we going?" I ask him 
"To mine" he tells me opening the passenger door to a car for me. I get in and he gets into the drivers seat and drives off.