Impossible!

What Each Kiss Means
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.”

– Douglas Adams

 

- Kim Sohyun POV -

I run and run, escaping from the boy I just kissed and the other boy that looked at us alarmingly. In a matter of minutes, I have reach the little gambling stall where I stole a drunk man's gambling money moments ago. Which is the main reason why I've been running and have changed back to my dress instead wearing the Sagyusam that I wore to disguise myself as a guy when I went out this morning. I look around and finally found the little girl.

"Yoorim-ah, come here."

I call the little girl who was hiding behind a huge basket. As she makes her way here, I smile encouragingly to her, handing her the stolen money.

"Here, take this money and buy yourself some warm clothes and food. Don't let your useless dad know, do you understand?"

"Thank you unnie."

Little Yoorim nods and carefully hides the money under her dress. I look at her until she disappear in the crowd, making sure that the drunk man which is her father is not here to take the money away from her. I've known Yoorim for a little while now, our first meeting was right here at the gambling stall. That time too, Yoorim's father has been gambling here and has lost quite a large amount of money that he has dragged poor Yoorim to the gambling stall, trying to sell his daughter away for some money. However, the stall owner felt pity with little Yoorim so he let her father go, telling him to never come back if he does not have money to gamble. That time, I have gave her some money without her father's knowledge and ever since then, I've been helping her out whenever I can.

After one final glance, I head back to my home, exhaustion getting on me. I need to prepare dinner for both my brother and me. By the time I finished the last dish, I can hear my brother's footsteps as he enters.

"Oppa! Welcome home!"

I shout happily as he appears in front of me, smiling warmly as always. I'm very proud of my brother, Kim Soohyun. He is the highest ranking official scholar in our country as he passed the imperial examination with flying colours. And now, he is hired by the Kim's family to teach their young master in their household. It is a rare case for someone who just passed the exam to teach others, but the Kim's family insisted, promising that they will not ill-treat my brother in any way. Finally, my brother agreed. I hand him a pair of chopsticks as we both sit down to eat.

"Oppa, how's your first day as teacher? Do you have fun?"

"Yah, don't even mention it."

"Why? Did something happen?"

"The young master that I am suppose to teach...he runs away."

I stop, my chopsticks with the cabbages in the midway as I look at my brother in disbelief. Who ran away from their teacher? Moreover personal tutor?!

"Oppa, did you do something wrong? Like picking your nose in front of him?" My brother tends to have improper habits even though he might be the youngest and most handsome scholar in our country that passed the imperial examination, the improper habits that no one alive in the world knows except his little sister, which is me.

"Kim Sohyun, how can you talk about me like that?" 

"What? That's the truth, oppa."

"It's not."

"It is~"

"...Fine. Whatever. But I did not do such a thing in front of him."

Sighing in defeat, my brother told me the whole story, starting from the second he stepped in the Kim's household, to his first meeting with the young master Kim, how he was made fun of by the boy, and how he had waited for nearly one hour for the said boy was said that he wanted to go to the toilet and instead had ran away from home. My brother's face is as bitter as the bittergourd when he finished the story. Me, on the other hand, am finding the whole situation funny yet fustrating. It is funny because my brother has described it with his lively expression and actions, yet frustrating because that boy is not respecting my brother. My brother who is the most handsome guy and the one that passed the imperial examination with flying colors.

"Sohyun, what should I do?" My brother looks at my, pleading desperately. I smirk, knowing that even the youngest scholar of Joseon also needed help from other people. Of course I won't let others bully my dearest brother, even if the person is a prince, whats more a mere young master from a rich family. Perhaps I should said the young master of the richest family here. Not that I care.

"You should make him listen to you." I grabbed the cabbages and said with my mouth full of food.

My brother sighed, "It's hard when the person I teach is the son of the prime minister of the country." He looks at me in a disgusting way before continue, "You should swallow your food first before talking.

I swallow immediately as he says and beckon him to come nearer with a glint of mischief in my eyes. My brother senses it and looks at me suspiciously, "What are you trying to do?" His expression is like imagining that I'm going to vomit everything onto his face. I roll my eyes and huff, "Just come here, oppa. I'm giving you a tip."

Reluctantly, my brother walks over to my side and sits besides me. I bend over and whisper into his ear. When my idea is reveal, his eyes turns big and he looks at me, "Are you sure this will work?"

"Of course, trust your little sister."

 

The next day, my brother has once again wakes up early to prepare and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter