Oriens I

Desiderium

As a student who liked to differ from the others, I was often left out in class. I loved being alone, immersing myself in doing activities that I liked. It was not like I was antisocial, I tended to refrain myself from interacting with those who did not particularly piqued my interest. I had friends, but only few, because I felt that it was no better having many friends that could not care less about you than having few true friends. Friends that would not limit my activities. Friends that would be with me in happy and sad times.

 

I was content starting my days as a middle-schooler, until one day, as I was dissatisfied with the class the way it was at that moment, I volunteered to be the class rep. I figured, if I wanted to change my environment, I should change as well. So, I put up a strong and strict front, despite my total lack of social abilities, to be able to become a good class leader....

 

.... Which of course did not end very well for me. Majority of the class members disagreed with my being the leader, and that was shown clearly when some of them broke the rules I had set up in accordance with instructions from my teacher. They would often disobey me, even though I meant no harm to them. That was all there was to it.

 

Realizing the students' hostility towards me could not be helped anymore, I decided to let them win. I felt as if I were not in the place where I could change others, because even I needed to improve myself.

 

So, I resigned.