Antelogium

Desiderium

When I think about it, games teach us some harsh lessons players do not think deeply about. Say, as beginners, we are given basic equipments and set of skills, am I correct? Then, as we proceed further into the game, we learn new abilities which, as time flies by, become far more superior than the ones we have by default. Of course, following the game manual or common sense, we tend to execute stronger skills and abilities more often in order to achieve maximum results. Eventually, we will be given the chance to either enhance our default equipments, or get new ones. Some may immediately replace their gears with the better ones, and others may want to stick to their basic equipments. However, it is not a secret that these default equipments may no longer support the users when they venture more to the depth of the game, simply because the equipments are not intended to be that powerful to accompany their users until the very end. Even if they are, their glory will not last so long.

 

Players are taught to be opportunists. They have to be able to make use of advantages they can get in order to be better. But, what about the basics? Those sets of skills and equipments, that helped us throughout the beginning stages of the game? They are simply ignored. They become useless. Players tend to discard them.

 

The problem is, this kind of routine and mindset is done almost by every people throughout their lives. People often do not realize that the ones that support them from the very beginning, the ones that eventually become incompetent, deserve credits when they succeed in their lives. They become engrossed with the results, and not seldom do they forget about the very reasons and triggers they can be successful, when in reality, if the said reasons and triggers did not exist in the first place, they could do nothing.

 

Not aware of the existence of this chain of thoughts, I began my first easiest stages of life.