Chapter 2

Mabeobsi School of Wizardry

The next day was chaotic.

First years and second years were running around like headless chickens trying to find their classes but, that was nothing out of the ordinary. What wasn’t though was the exciting chatter about the upcoming House Games. Sixth and seventh years challenging each other to enter their names or questioning what the games held in store for them.

Heading to his Divination class, Luhan saw Sehun and Jongin laughing at the confused students in the hallway. He could only sigh at the two as he dodged a group of first years and made his way towards the North Tower.

Luckily the hallways weren’t as crowded on the north side of the school so Luhan didn’t have to worry about bumping into people. He was making his way up the staircase when he heard his name being called.

“Hey Luhan!”

 Luhan turned around to see Kris and Tao walking up to him, the latter covering his mouth as he yawned.

“Oh hey guys.” Luhan greeted. “I didn’t know you were taking this class, Kris.” He smiled at the taller as the three made their way up to class.

“Yeah, Tao talked me into it.” Kris shrugged.

“Hey, it’s a fun class. Professor Kim maybe weird, but he’s great at Divination. Plus, his turtles are adorable.” Tao piped up.

The three laughed as they entered the classroom.

 

Soojung easily made her way through the corridor flooded with confused first years and second years, who couldn’t remember which way was up, as she headed to her first class, before being stopped.

“Miss Jung." Turning around to the voice, she saw that Professor Shim was calling her over.

“Yes, Professor?” She asked once in front of the man.

“You’re heading to Professor Song’s Potions class, right?” He questioned, Soojung nodding a yes before the man continued.

“Could you take Mr. Oh and Kim with you,” he said tilting his head towards the two boys, who were currently laughing at the chaos in the halls from their perch on top of a bench. Soojung rolled her eyes. “I think they are enjoying this too much.”

She let out a sigh. “Sure thing,” she replied. Professor Shim thanked her before helping out a group of first years.

“Come on, stupids.” Soojung demanded as she grabbed Sehun’s sleeve and dragged him from the hallway, Jongin laughing and following obediently.

“Ooo, where are we going, honey?” Sehun asked wiggling his eyebrows at her. “We going somewhere to do naughty things? I knew you were a bad girl.”

Sehun laughed when Soojung rolled her eyes. “Never in your dreams, Oh.” She tugged harder on his sleeve as they rounded a corner down another hallway.

“Nice Sehun,” Jongin said from his side.

“I’m taking the two of you to my potions class on behalf of Professor Shim,” she said as they continued down the hall.

Sehun abruptly stopped, causing Soojung to be pulled back, her grip on his sleeve never loosening.

“What? No!” He shouted, trying to get his sleeve out of Soojung’s vice grip.

“This is supposed to be a free period for us!” Jongin added, pouting. Soojung glared between the two boys.

“Trust me, I don’t want you to come along either,” Soojung said as she began dragging the taller down the hallway again. “I mean at least Jongin’s tolerable.”

Said boy smiled. “Thank you, Soojungie.”

She let out a huff. “I’m just doing what I’m told so I don’t get into trouble.”

Coming up to a door, Soojung released Sehun’s sleeve and opened it to enter the classroom. Finding no one inside.

“Are you sure you went the right way?” Sehun questioned, both boys leaning over her to look into the empty room.

“.”

 

“After six years of going to this school, you think you’d know this place by now.” Jongin laughed as Soojung started to jog towards an open door down the eleventh corridor they’ve turned down this morning.

“Shut up!” She snapped, slowing down as she got closer.

“I’m sorry,” she bowed. “We got lost.” She apologized as they entered the correct room.

Professor Song turned around and smiled. “Oh, Miss Jung, I was beginning to worry you were skipping out on me.”

Soojung shook her head as she made her way to the rest of the group in the middle of the room, Sehun and Jongin right behind her.

“And you brought friends?” The teacher questioned noticing the two.

“Uh yeah, this is–"

“Oh Sehun.”

“Kim Jongin.”

Both chirped after one another, smiling at the teacher.

“Oh well, glad you could join us.” She smiled. “There are extra books in the cupboard.” Professor Song motioned towards the back of the room.

Opening the cupboard, they found three books left. Two looking brand spanking new and the other looked as if it was going to fall to pieces if they stared at it too long. The three glanced at each other quickly before diving for the higher quality books. Both boys had an advantage over the tiny red head, with their broad shoulders and long arms.

Soojung didn’t stand a chance. 

She was forced to grab what was left of a book.

She took out her anger on Sehun, smacking him with the book several times as they made their way back over to the group.

Jongin chuckled softly, leaning down to whisper. “Good luck with that piece of .”

Soojung turned to him. “Why don’t you be the gentleman you are and give me your book.” She smiled, grabbing for his book.

Jongin raised his book above his head. “Hey, hey, I grabbed this book. You were just too slow, princess.”

“,” she hissed, before Sehun placed his arms around his friends’ shoulders. “Jongin, quit picking on my girl.”

Soojung rolled her eyes (she was doing that a lot today). “I’m not your girl Sehun, and I can handle myself, thank you.” She shrugged Sehun’s arm off her shoulder, focusing her attention on the teacher.

“What we have here are a variety of potions you should all be familiar with. Does anybody know which potion this is?” Professor Song said gesturing towards a small cauldron on the table in front of them.

Soojung’s hand rose slowly after nobody else raised their hand.

“Yes, Miss Jung?”

“Um… it’s a love potion, it’s Amortentia?”

“Yes yes!” The teacher replied enthusiastically, causing Sehun to grin ear to ear. My Soojung is so smart.

Professor Song motioned for Soojung to step forward. “What does this particular love potion do?”

“It…uh causes a powerful infatuation or obsession if one were to drink it. It’s most distinct attribute is that the smell appeals to one’s nose, for example, I smell strawberries,” she paused leaning in to take another whiff of the aromas the potion gave off, “Lavender.” Another sniff. Sehun noticed her tense up before she continued. “An-and…andSehun’scologne,” she mumbled quickly before stepping back, letting the girls behind her step forward.

Professor Song put the top on the cauldron before any of them could get closer. “Thank you, Miss Jung.”

Soojung nodded, quickly bringing her hands up to her cheeks to hide her burning face, which probably matched the color of her hair by now. She felt someone nudge her from behind, thinking it was somebody picking on her, she elbowed the culprit. A smile gracing her lips once she heard the groan of pain.

“Damn, you have sharp elbows,” came Sehun’s voice right next to her ear, causing her to get flustered again. Soojung looked back to see Sehun rubbing his side where her blow had landed, and smiled apologetically at him. She mouthed a ‘sorry,’ before turning back to the teacher.

“Today your task is to make one of the most powerful sleeping potions in the world, the Draught of Living Death” Professor Song announced. “And as a reward they will get this.” She finished holding up a small vial.

“What is it?” Once of the students asked, causing everybody to look at the vial in curiosity.

“Felix Felicis or rather known as–"

“Liquid Luck, whoever drinks it will have great fortune brought upon them.” Soojung finished, as the professor nodded at her answer.

“Yes. Very well then, turn to page 203 and get cooking!” Professor Song clapped happily.

 

 “So,” Minseok began. “Who’s going to enter the games?” He asked the rest of their little group, currently sitting out in the yard.

“I definitely am.” Jongin grinned from his spot up against a wall. Sehun nodded his head in agreement.

“I am, but I was thinking we all should enter,” Chanyeol piped up. “There’s the possibility of us all getting chosen. Wouldn’t that be cool?” He finished, elbowing Kris, grinning madly. Baekhyun smiled at his boyfriend’s enthusiasm.

“But what if we don’t want to participate in the games, Yeol?” Baekhyun questioned.

“Why wouldn’t you want to participate?” Chanyeol replied, raising an eyebrow at his boyfriend.

“Um, maybe because I don’t want to die? I really like being alive.”

“You’re not going to die, Baek,” Chanyeol said wrapping his arms around the shorter’s waist. “I wouldn’t let that happen. I’d protect you.” He finished, kissing Baekhyun on the cheek. 

“Get a room.” Jongdae gagged, Baekhyun stuck out his tongue, while he hugged his boyfriend back.

“I was thinking of entering, it sounds fun. Plus, we can use it as an excuse to get out of homework.” Jongdae grinned. “Why are you asking Minseok? Were you going to enter, but worried none of us were?”

Minseok shrugged. “Just wanted to know. But I knew I wasn’t going in this without some of you guys.”

“Kris, Junmyeon? What about you guys?” Chanyeol asked looking over to the duo, the taller of the two shrugged. “Yeah, I’m up for it.”

“I’ve thought about it, but I’m not sure.” Junmyeon said giving an apologetic smile.

Kris looked down to him. “We can enter our names together.” He smiled brightly, Junmyeon blushed and nodded. “O-Ok.”

Jongin nodded, before looking to the three who still have been addressed. “What about you guys? You up for it?” Luhan, Tao, and Yixing all looked the younger’s way.

“Up for what?” a short haired girl piped in, with two other girls trailing behind. One of them, a familiar red head.

“They’ve probably all decided to enter the House Games together.” Soojung spoke up, Sehun practically gravitating towards the girl.

“Oh yeah, we were going to enter, well I was. I don’t know about Jinri and Soojung here.” The short haired girl said throwing her thumb back to the two.

“Should’ve known you were going to Amber,” Kris smiled at the girl, who threw him a thumbs up.

“Honey, will you enter.” Sehun asked, swinging the girl in his arms side to side. “You could probably win, since you got that luck stuff from potions.” He smiled. She mumbled into the his chest, causing him to step back. “Hm?”

“Yes, I plan on entering.” She deadpanned, pushing him away clinging to Jinri.

“What luck stuff?” Luhan asked, looking at Sehun.

“Soojungie, got it as a reward in potions, for making a sleep potion.” Jongin frowned. “She was the only one who finished, too.” He grimaced, thinking back to how much trouble he had.

“Yeah, how did you get it right? You didn’t even follow the instructions,” Sehun asked from his spot by Jongin.

Soojung huffed. “Let’s go. I’m getting a headache.” Tugging on Amber’s sleeve, the three left.

Sehun pouted, watching her leave, while Jongin patted his shoulder.

“To answer your earlier question, Jongin.” Luhan spoke up. "Yes, I’m entering my name.” Tao nodded his head in agreement.

“Yixing?” Kris called out to the boy, who jumped slightly. “Hm? What’re talking about?”

Luhan laughed. “The games, Xing.” Yixing nodded in understanding. “Oh yeah, yeah I was going to enter my name.”

 

Today was the day the names were going to be drawn for the House Games. Luhan was very excited, he didn’t care if he was chosen or not, he just really wanted to know who was going to be in the games and how they were going to play out.

“Luhan,” Jongdae said, placing a hand on top of one of Luhan's. “Stop. Calm down.”

“What?” Luhan perked up.

You’re tapping.” Jongdae said releasing his hold on Luhan’s hand. He smiled apologetically, nodding his head in understanding. “Sorry.”

Yixing smiled. “Are you nervous your name will get called?”

Luhan shook his head. “Not really, no. I’m just excited.”

The food disappeared from the tables as the Headmaster stood at his podium towards the front of the Great Hall. The basin that held the student’s names was brought forward.

“The time has finally come students!” he began. “Let us begin and see who our champions are!”

Fire arose out of the basin, spitting out a piece of paper that floated to the Headmaster’s hand.

Turning the slip of paper around to read the name, the Headmaster announced the first champion. “Our first champion, representing the Bulsajo House, Kim Minseok!”

Everyone applauded, but the students at the Bulsajo table jumped into cheers and hollers. Minseok’s classmates gave him high-fives and pats on the shoulder as he made his way towards the front of the hall. He gave Jongin a high five as he passed him, a grin on his face. A teacher led Minseok to a back door. Once he was gone fire erupted from the basin again, with the paper that held the second champion’s name.

“From the Kumiho house, Kim Hyoyeon!” the Headmaster presented.

Again everyone applauded, only this time the Kumiho table was the loudest of them all, as one of their champions stood and made her way towards the front of the hall.

The same series of events followed:  the basin would erupt with fire, spitting out a slip of paper with a name written on it, and the Headmaster announcing it to the audience of students, who sat anxiously for one of their own names to be called upon. Each house would roar with excitement when their champions were named.

The champions being the following students: of the Bulsajo house, Kim Minseok, Seo Juhyun, and Park Sunyoung, representing the Kumiho house, Kim Hyoyeon, Amber Liu, and Kim Jongdae, from Mireu, Oh Sehun, Jung Soojung, and Kris Wu, and lastly the champions of the Haetae house, Kang Seulgi, Kim Jongin, and Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol, being the final champion announced, stood proudly. “Saved the best for last, right?” He grinned, pecking the top of Baekhyun’s head, before moving to the front of the Great Hall. The audience of students still roaring loudly as the giant disappeared into the back room.

“And with that,” the Headmaster began, after quieting the students. “The Games have officially begun.”

 


 

Hey everyone!! Here it is chapter 2, I hope everyone liked it. As for the champions, I was debating on whether all of the boys should be in the games or not, so I talked about it with my sister (who has been a big help with this) and she said that it would be better if I added more artists and make them champions along with some of the boys.

I am currently working on Chapter 3 and I'm going to try and update every Saturday, but I can't make any promises.  

Also, thank all so much for reading this story!!!! I was afraid no one would read it, so I was very surprised to see all the views and subscribers!! So again thank you all so much!!!