Chapter 2

Hoop Affairs

The night after the game,Wendy was in her room lying on her bed with her legs dangling over the edge,her toes brushing against the carpeted floor.Her room was small but it had just enough wall place to hang all those posters of her favorite players and motivational quotes.Her hair was wet as it hung over her neck and she smelled of shampoo.A goofy smile plastered across her face as she recalled what happened earlier.

 

Wendy contemplated as to whether follow over her hot goddess or just let it be.Realizing that their away game with Lincoln High was not until next month she turned and jolted out of the gymnasium and over to the brown-hair girl.Wendy had charged at her with full speed seeing that the girl has almost reached her car.The girl finally turned to face the rumbling noise coming from behind.Wendy went to stop but with the pace she was at she couldn't and collided with immense force.Both girls toppled to the parking lot with Wendy landing on top of her goddess once again.

The Heavens are at Work!

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry"Wendy's voice quavered fearing that she must have upset the girl by knocking her over."It's okay" the girl curtained by blonde hair beneath chuckled.Luckily,the girl seemed to be in good spirits.

And just as the same incident mere moments ago, her hands had once again found its way itself over and is cupping her goddess's s."It seems this will be a regular thing whenever we meet" said Wendy,never letting go of what her hands had in custody."Not that I mind.Um.." the girl nodded at her own chest.Wendy could feel her cheeks going from pink to blazing hot red.Wendy quickly bolted up to her knees though she want nothing more but to remain in her previous position and fondle her goddess's s.

"I hope you like em..."

"I..uh..Uh,yeah.."

Her goddess broke out in a laugh."It's okay, I know they're awesome."

Wendy wanted to feel them again.She wanted to lock fingers and put her lips on the goddess's.Then it hit her why she was here in the first place.

"Oh!Hey uh 23, what's your name?"

The goddess smiled "It's Irene.I'm sorry I didn't mentioned it before.Well at least, it led us into another great run-in."They were both on their feet now.

"I'm Wendy.Wendy Son" said Wendy as she held out her hand."Bae."

"Huh?"

"Bae,my surname.Irene Bae."

"Oh.."

Irene took out a pen from her bag and pulled in closer the hand she was holding.Wendy looked down at her hand and was surprised to see a series of number.Irene chewed on her lower lip,"So can I expect a call from you sometime?"

Wendy nodded.Irene stared for a moment into her soft dearly eyes."I'll talk to you later then.."she turned to walk away.Just then Wendy reached out and grabbed her.She pulled her back.Her arms went around Irene's waist."Oh..?"

"I want to taste your lips."

 

Wendy shook her head.The grin on her face not wearing away.Okay,so this wasn't exactly how it happened but how I wish I had to courage to end it like that!The brown hair goddess that scored so much against her with her ponytail bouncing as she ran up and down the court.Her beautiful and sincere smile.Oh and those soft yet firm and wonderful s that she got to touch not once but twice!

Wendy laid sprawled on her bed.Her heart fluttered in her chest."Irene.."she muttered to herself.She sat up, grabbed her wilson ball on the desk beside her laptop and left her room.

Downstairs at the bakery her mom was cleaning up after a long night's work.And Keith was helping her,just as usual.The two not only shared the name,but also the bakery and the room beside Wendy's.That explained the sudden change of the cafe and the name 'Riverside' to 'Keith & Keith's' bakery, as Keith,the dude not her mom,had exquisite baking skills.However Keith,Wendy's mom, still served coffee and her special pancakes and pies, making the cafe/bakery the hottest place in town.

"Where are you going?You just got back from the game,don't you need to rest?" Keith asked.

"Riverside court.I won't be long,mom." Wendy replied as she grabbed a piece of apple pie from Keith's plate.The man who just got her food stolen stood up and said "Let her go.She needs to cool off after that undeserving loss."

"Okay..don't be late."

 

It has been quite a while that Wendy has come over to the public basketball court by the riverside and shoot some hoops, ever since she's been engrossed in her school practice and the varsity games.She walked over to the court to hear the sound of a ball bouncing and looked up to see a girl playing by herself.Even from afar she could tell that the girl maybe new to the court but not to basketball.She sat by the bench and watched the girl play.She could now see that the girl possessed blonde hair which glowed, accompanied both by the lightpost gleaming over the hoop and the shining moonlight.Her swift and fluid movements resembled that of an angel in motion. From a missed shot,bouncing off the rim the ball rolled over to her feet.The blonde jogged to where Wendy was.

"Hey..Wanna play?"the girl offered.Wendy nodded, took of her hoodie to reveal her sleeveless shirt underneath and entered the one-on-one game.

 

Minutes into the game and both of them were in full sweat and the score at 10-7,with Wendy leading.Wendy noticed how good this girl was and she had a solid jumper.She has great aim and all the shots had been nothing but net.Wendy couldn't let her take this shot so she jumped up into the air the exact same time the girl was about to release the ball for a clean shoot.Wendy blocked the shot,her fingertips able to reach the ball as it was elevating and hurriedly took hold of it.The girl was quick to take her defensive stance but in a flash Wendy crossed over and went for a lay-up to the rim.

 

Wendy won the game but she acknowledged the blonde's talent.A normal player wouldn't have been able to keep up let alone score against her.And seven points at that."You're good."Wendy started as they rested on the bench.The girl gulped down a whole full bottle of water wanting to reply fast."..Nah.. I'm nowhere near you." The blonde's voice was sweet and soft."I barely could keep up."

"I've never seen you around before tho."

"Yeah I'm new to this town.I just moved nearby"

"Oh..then you should go to Kirin High and tryout for the team.I bet you would easily get a spot"

Wendy was now packing up preparing to leave as the night darkens.

"I would definitely like to but I can't leave Lincoln High.Even though its going to be hard waking up extra early now that I live far off."

Wendy winced a little at the mention of the name of the team that just defeated them.

"Oh,well.Let's go, its getting late already.I'll walk you to your place."

"No,its okay.I'm fine by.."

"There's no way I'm letting such a young pretty girl walk the streets alone" Wendy interrupted."I'm Wendy by the way."

"Seulgi.Kang Seulgi."

Wendy took her hand not knowing if the girl was glowing pink because she was blushing or maybe her cheeks were normally like that as she had sweated a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A huge thanks for all the reads,subscribes and comments.I'm so glad this story got this much notice.Make sure to leave more comments and tell me what you guys think on this update too.It was kinda rushed because of all the excitement from the huge bomb last night, #RVSTANSELCANIGHT. This fandom is simply amazing.

Deuce~