One

Hoop Affairs

The crowd in the stands were heated up and going wild.Loud and repititve chants roared throughout the whole gymnasium with the mascot,in a suit what is supposed to be of a tiger, leading.Let's go Tigers!Let's go!The players from both teams were running practice laps around the court,warming up for the intense game about to come.The game was important to both teams as they were arch rivals.The win didn't matter since it was only the preliminaries but, their pride were at stake.Kirin High and Lincoln High are two famous schools for their talented girl's basketball teams and had been going at the state championship title.Kirin High's Tigers certainly didn't want to lose.Not on their home court.Not to Lincoln High.

 

Wendy bent down and tightened the laces on her shoes one last time as Coach K runs over the plays and instructs them on how to not let the pressure get to the players.She looks down on her jersey, a very large number 30 clearly visible, and made sure it was tucked in.She was ready to go."Tigers on three.One.Two.Three.Tigers!"she cheered along with her teammates and entered the court.The game started and Wendy found herself struggling.Not because of her skills or her rather short stature.Compared to other players she would definitely come out as the smallest and the shortest but, this wasn't an obstacle for Wendy as she had amazing speed and dribbling, always managing to wiggle her way through defenders and pose as a threat.After all she was the star point guard.However,in this game her stomach fluttered with butterflies.She dribbled down the court scouting for a teammate to pass it to.She found an opening and passed to a teammate, her best friend and captain of the team, Joy.Joy successfully caught the ball and sprinted further towards the opponent's net.Wendy's mind was distracted.She wasn't able to stay focused.

'She's just so damn beautiful.'

On the opposing team,Dragons, was a young woman with brown hair that was put up in a ponytail.Her hair bounced across her back from one shoulder to the other as she ran and guarded Wendy's teammates.She stood a little bit taller and her eyes were vibrant;they sparkled and were blue like her jersey.Any chance Wendy got to look at this mysterious player, she took it while butterflies returning as she did.Wendy shook her head trying to clear her mind.'You need to win!This game is important.Forget about that girl in blue... and her brown ponytail swaying behind her back like that of a goddess... and those beautiful blue eyes that sparkle like the stars... and those toned legs that goes for miles... oh,God, those s...!'

STOP IT!FOCUS!

Coming out of her thoughts she realised another teammate of hers had the ball now looking for a pass."Here" a wide open Wendy shouted.The teammate passed and she darted through the defenders.She used all of her strength to lift herself high to the air and let the ball fly.Her floater over the opposing team's center bounced off the backboard then into the hoop.The Kirin High crowd roared,as she scored.

'Hell yes.That's it I'm back in the game.'Wendy thought as she ran back to the other end for defensive play.The mysterious girl ran past her and as quickly as she was back in the game, she was out of it.Wendy watched her legs tightened with every step the girl took.Her eyes quickly found the way, staring at the rear of the beautiful, brown-hair goddess.She felt her heart fluttered."Oh..."she cooed to herself.

The ball was now in possession of Wendy's teammate and she saw that a pass has been thrown her way.But then one opposing player was about to reach in and intercept.Seeing this,Wendy leapt into the air then noticed that the player coming in was the girl she's been staring at.The two collided and the young girl toppled to the floor.Wendy thought at the speed of light 'This is my chance!'.She was about to fall forward but managed to pivot herself just in time so she landed on top of the brown-hair girl forgetting about the basketball and the game itself.Her hands opened and with what grace she had she landed them directly on the girl's .

Oh these are nice..

One of the referees blew their whistle.The brown-hair girl immediately smiled when she noticed Wendy's hands on her s.Wendy caught the girl's smile and blushed.Their eyes met and she felt as if there were only the two of them in the gym.The other girl lifted her arm and for a split second Wendy actually thought she was going to react by touching her but the hand slip past to her shoulders.Her smile didn't faltered.She helped the girl stand and noticed the blush filling her cheeks.'This girl is so frickin adorable!'The game soon continued.Wendy,a little bit disappointed,thought her one and only chance had come and gone.What she hadn't expected was the assault of flashy glances and subtle flirting from the brown-hair girl throughout the rest of the game.

 

Once the game ended Wendy stood in her sweaty black uniform and huge Nike sports bag strapped on her shoulder.Her parents had praised on her effort even though they lost the game 78 to 74 and had left the court to wait for her in the car.She said her byes to her teammates and coach and started to leave,when she heard a voice called out for her.

"Hey,wait up."

Wendy turned around.Her eyes widened at the sight of the attractive girl.Wendy looked behind her to make sure she wasn't calling for someone else.The girl giggled."Yes,you."Wendy's goddess pointed at her."Oh.."Wendy said nervously as she tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear."Uh..h..Hi"she stammered.

"It was a good game"the girl replied as her eyes glimmered."You guys were real tough.I didn't realise we were playing baseball though."

"Huh?"

The girl stepped forward and nudged Wendy's shoulder with a closed fist."You know,you made it to second base."

The confused Wendy's face immediately brightened red.

"Uh..I..I..didn't mean to.."

"It's okay.I actually sort of enjoyed it."

With that, the brown-hair girl left.'She enjoyed it?'Maybe she was shy about her own comment and fled.Wendy thought not to let the best get of her.Then she noticed how she didn't get the girl's number or even a name.Wendy spotted a number on the girl's back and finally made out the number when her hair swayed over."Number 23" Wendy smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: the irony, heh :D Red velvet playing basketball. Give this story a comment down below. Any kind of critiques or appraisals(my delusional self talking) are welcomed, for it inspires me to update and write better.

Deuce~