Ch. [11]

Swing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae sighed deeply as he rested against the wall of the bathroom stall. He breathed in and out deeply once and then once again, closing his eyes to calm down. He still had two more classes to go for the day and he would never miss it because of something like that. His parents were making a great effort to pay college as for him to miss classes.

He would share classes with Kyuhyun, but he was sure he could manage as soon as he calmed himself down. He would have time to cry later, if he wanted to.

After almost half an hour, Hyukjae looked fine already and he looked at himself on the mirror. “I’m cute,” he said and smiled for himself, nodding.

Going out from the bathroom, Hyukjae walked calmly to his next class and sat down on his usual spot.

It took only a minute for Kyuhyun to sit by his side, panting softly.

Hyukjae decided he wouldn’t turn to look at him. “Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called. His voice was hoarse and he was panting.

“Yes?” Hyukjae asked, reading the book he had in his hands because Kyuhyun didn’t deserve his whole attention.

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and stood quiet for a few seconds. “I’m sorry… I mean, I thought it would be fun but I-”

“I don’t care,” Hyukjae sighed. “You regret it, I regret it. Let’s just forget it ever happened,” he suggested, closing his book when the teacher came in. “Just don’t talk to me ever again.”

Kyuhyun swore he could even hear his heart slowly breaking. “Hyuk-”

The class started and Kyuhyun was obliged to turn front and pay attention because even if he tried to talk to Hyukjae, the other seemed to just not listen to him and he had to find a new way to apologize and get Hyukjae’s trust once more.

The class ended and Kyuhyun was quick to hold onto the smaller, grabbing his arm softly. “Please let me explain,” he begged to the smaller.

Hyukjae turned towards his arms, staring at Kyuhyun’s fingers around it before raising an eyebrow and looking up. “You’re touching me,” he said. “Aren’t you falling lower?”

Kyuhyun frowned and turned Hyukjae around, facing him entirely as he held onto his shoulders. “Look, Hyukjae. I didn’t mean to hurt you… I mean… I wasn’t even intending on lying. I thought we were joking around, I didn’t feel the mood when I arrived and Zhoumi was laughing so I thought you confessed while joking so it would be easier… I- Do I even explain myself well?”

Hyukjae had a poker face. Kyuhyun didn’t know how to change it and he was slowly getting anxious.

The smaller turned around and left, leaving Kyuhyun alone, cursing at himself because he was only making it worse.

-----------------------------------

Kyuhyun sat down with a frown on his face. He looked up and found no Hyukjae, which was upsetting for the last three hours. They had gone out from their last class and they usually went to the cafeteria to eat something before walking together to their rooms.

He tapped the table and as soon as he saw someone sitting in front of him, he smiled and looked up, rolling his eyes when the one in front of him was Siwon. “Well, hello to you too,” the tall man said, raising an eyebrow as he saw Kyuhyun obviously annoyed.

“Where’s Hyukjae? Do you know?” Kyuhyun asked quickly.

Siwon was Hyukjae’s best friend, or one of them, so if he would talk to someone, it would definitely be that horse. “He went out with a few friends after you treated him like ,” Siwon said shrugging, obviously wanting to make Kyuhyun feel bad.

Kyuhyun groaned and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, letting his forehead hit the table. “I didn’t intend to!” he defended himself as he didn’t dare to turn up. “I need to talk to him… I didn’t mean to treat him like that… I just didn’t understand the context of the talk and I thought we were joking goddammit-”

“You still treated him like ,” Siwon said calmly. “Being his friend and then suddenly realizing that you two, in fact, never considered him to be on your level, is quite annoying.” Siwon chuckled lowly. “I can’t believe you never thought of him as a friend.”

Kyuhyun looked up frowning deeply. In all those months and sleepless nights they had shared together, Kyuhyun and Hyukjae had been more than friends. They were almost soul mates. War companions. Ying and yang. Anything that fits into that category. “He was more than a friend to me,” he said serious. “I need to talk to him.”

A figure sat by Kyuhyun’s side and he turned quickly, groaning lowly in disappointed as he saw Zhoumi with a bright smile that quickly disappeared as soon as he saw Kyuhyun’s face. “How rude, Kyuhyun.”

Siwon laughed loudly, almost cynically before excusing himself. “I th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter