Prank vs Prank

The Wrong Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“AAARGH!!!”   Everyone in class watched in disgust as their instructor, Mr. Park, distastefully spat the coffee out of his mouth. The scene unfolded like a slowmotion comedy movie as sparkly brown colored droplets began to rain down on the few people sitting at the front of the class, typically the teacher’s pet.   “Ew, gross!” Hyun Mi yelled as she obtained a napkin from Seul Yi to wipe herself clean, hearing how Ki Bum just laughed at her from behind.   “You couldn’t look elsewhere,” Min Seok muttered to the instructor, feeling his entire hair drenched in whatever weird liquid it was. At first he thought it was coffee, but there was a weird stench to it. Vinegar.   “I will not forgive whoever did this!!! So you better confess now or else I…. I…. I need to clean myself,” Mr. Park said in defeat as he walked out of the classroom.   Mimi got up from her seat, looked around the classroom for the culprit and shook her head disapprovingly. “Not cool, guys, not cool,” she muttered before she went to trail after Mr. Park.   “Whoever did this is a genius!” Jong Dae cheered once the coast was clear.   As everyone else began to discuss about the great incident that indirectly earned them some free time, Kyung Soo took a secret glance at the girl sitting besides him. She had that poker face displayed while remaining motionless in her seat, hands wrapped inside the pocket of her blazer like a true rebel.   “Seong Yeon, it was you, wasn’t it?” Kyung Soo asked with a grin.   The girl exhaled deeply and shifted her position to rest her elbows against the table. “It wasn’t me,” she said darkly.   “What?” Kyung Soo’s eyes widened in shock. This couldn’t be. As far as he knew, his friend Seong Yeon had the reputation of being the infamous prankster at school. She had a record of getting to detention that amounted to 4 months during a 3 month semester period. And every single time, she somehow managed to get her way out of it by pranking her way out. Teachers feared her. Classmates looked up to her, sort of.   “I should’ve been the one who came up with this prank.” Seong Yeon gritted her teeth in annoyance. She disliked how someone else tried to snatch this well-accomplished delinquent title away from her.   “Well, if it isn’t you, there’s only one other person who would do it,” Kyung Soo confirmed her greatest fear. After Jong Dae had resigned as the almighty troll master, there was still one other enemy left.   “I know,” Seong Yeon said shortly as her eyes glared towards the said person.   Oh how she hated him: Lee Sung Yeol, the one with the appearance of a 20-ish year old, but the mentality of a seven year old. He was usually very sneaky with his tricks and victimized his closest friends. He was just sitting there at his table, laughing together with his friends Myung Soo, Dong Woo, and Woo Hyun, probably cheering for his accomplishment.   “Unnie! How could you do that?” Maerin suddenly popped into her line of vision, looking all worried and judgmental.   “That was really mean,” Hee-Jin agreed.   “It wasn’t me! Ugh!” Seong Yeon grunted in annoyance. She would love to take credit, but she couldn’t.   “You’re much better than that,” Kyung Soo suddenly spoke, breaking her thought.   Seong Yeon furrowed her eyebrows at her friend.   “Since it bothers you, you should take revenge and prank him instead. Show him he should not mess with you,” he continued.   “I.. I’m not bothered,” Seong Yeon muttered a lie, annoyed this guy always knew how to read her true emotions.   “Fine, I’ll challenge you. I want you to do it.” Kyung Soo was suddenly the excited one. Suddenly his excitement died down as the corner of his lips curved into a devilish smirk. “Finish him.”   Seong Yeon raised her eyebrow at the other devilish side of her friend despite his squishy and angelic appearance. Most of her pranks were always encouraged and triggered by Kyung Soo anyway.   “Deal!” Seong Yeon said and got up from her seat to leave the class. She flung the bag across her shoulder and walked in a thug way.   “Hey! Hey Seong Yeon~” Sung Yeol called out cheerfully to her.   Just hearing the voice made her cringe in annoyance. She halted and pivoted her head towards him, seeing him grin smugly at her.   “One-zero,” Sung Yeol said, making a motion with his hand to keep score. He grinned even wider, just to annoy the girl.   “Tch…” Seong Yeon scoffed before she walked away, brewing a great plan in her head to pay him back.  

 

The next few days, almost the entire class was aware of the ongoing feud between Seong Yeon and Sung Yeol. Though it was very interesting to watch, they all secretly wished they wouldn’t become a victim.   It started off really strange with Sung Yeol suddenly asking their biology teacher Mithra this curious question: “How are babies made?”   Mithra was taken aback and tried to answer with a PG rated version, to which Sung Yeol continuously asked “but how?” for.   “They do it! They bang! They have , okay?! Like birds and bees!” Mimi was the frustrated one as she decided to give Mithra a hand.   “Well, that was straightforward,” Sohee commented, not all too shocked since it came from Mimi anyway.   “Why birds? It thought it were bees and flowers?” Hyun Mi tried to recall the right analogies as Maerin started to burst out in laughter at her words.   Sung Yeol simply grinned innocently after he made the entire class in an uproar. He then turned to Seong Yeon and made a 2-0 sign with his hand.   “Darn, he’s good,” Seong Yeon muttered under her breath.   “This is nothing, you’re much better,” Kyung Soo told her reassuringly. Among everyone in class, he was the only one who would stay on her side and was willing to go directly against Sung Yeol if he had to, even if Sung Yeol was a few inch taller than him.   “Kyung Soo, I need your help! I got an idea,” Seong Yeon spoke as she began to laugh creepily.   Instead of being scared, Kyung Soo copied her devilish grin. “You know I’m always available for you,” he said with an evil undertone.  

 

The next day, the two had spent an entire day together just to prepare for this amazing comeback. It had taken them a lot of effort to try and figure out how to perfect their plan in the kitchen.   “Do you think this will work?” Seong Yeon asked unsurely. She secretly enjoyed how she could be herself whenever she was around Kyung Soo. No need for the tough and cold Seong Yeon persona everyone had known her as. Kyung Soo could see right through the real her anyway.   “This might be one of your best plans yet!” Kyung Soo nodded as he stuffed the dish inside a large box. Again, his smile turned into a wicked grin. “If he doesn’t eat it, we’ll just stuff it in his mouth by force… Hehe…”   Seong Yeon gave him a surprised look and began to chuckle. “Do you hate him or something?” she asked.   “I know you don’t like it when he snatches your title. So I’ll hate on him on your behalf,” he answered grimly. “And maybe for other reasons too.”  

 

The next day, Seong Yeon entered the classroom like a boss, carrying a box of pizza with her. She went straight ahead to Sung Yeol’s table and placed it down there with slight force. Immediately, she had gathered everyone’s attention on her.   “Special delivery for Lee Sung Yeol,” she said sternly, looking at him sternly.   “Do you expect me to eat this?” Sung Yeol asked. He opened the box and was surprised at once. Instead of the usual peperoni, salami, or cheese topping, he saw a bunch of rainbow colored gummy bears. His brain couldn’t really comprehend what was going on, so he laughed instead.   “What is this?” Myung Soo asked curiously, interested in the visual.   “Ooh, it looks good!” Seul Yi cheered from the side.   Myung Soo gave her a look and was the first one to take out a slice of pizza, carefully handing it to the girl. “Here,” he said calmly.   Seul Yi immediately blushed at the slight action. What a gentleman! My prince charming~   Soon, everyone began to take some slices and got a taste of the pizza made by Seong Yeon and Kyung Soo. And shortly afterwards, everyone began to cough horribly.   “What did you put in here?” Sung Yeol asked, falling victim to it too.   “Chili, lots and lots of chili.” Seong Yeon smirked. “So it’s sweet and spicy.”   “Water! I need water!” Jaelyn yelled as she held her hand against her neck.   “Here, we got some prepared!” Kyung Soo came to their rescue as he handed a bottle of water to everyone who were suffering. He placed one in front of Sung Yeol as well.   “Not bad,” Sung Yeol muttered as he quickly gulped down the water to wash away the pain. At once, he began to spit everything out in disgust. “What is this?!”   “Vinegar,” Seong Yeon answered calmly.   Seung Yeol was devastated. “You stole my prank!” he accused her.   “I didn’t steal it. I just borrowed it and made it better,” Seong Yeon said as she raised her hands to him, both holding up two fingers on each side. “Two-two, Sung Yeol.”   Sung Yeol watched in disbelief as Seong Yeon and Kyung Soo high fived each other, both strolling back to their seat before the class started. Despite his loss this round, he started to grin, knowing this will be an interesting game.  

 

The battle continued for days and lasted for weeks. Though Seong Yeon hated to admit it, she was pulled into this game more than she or Kyung Soo had ever expected to. It came to the point where they replied each other using a prank. She was secretly enjoying this a little too much.   “So when will you end things?” Kyung Soo asked as they were on the way home.   “When I win,” Seong Yeon answered.   “Maybe it wasn’t even a competition to begin with.” He let out a sigh, knowing he couldn’t possibly stop her.   Seong Yeon noticed him staring so seriously at her after those wise-sounding words. No matter how serious or wise he tried to seem, she could only see how adorable he looked at the moment. “I just need to make one final blow!” she stated.   “Don’t overdo yourself,” Kyung Soo said.   “I need to finish him once and for all!”   “Don’t hurt yourself,” Kyung Soo continued worriedly.   At that, Seong Yeon gasped at the light bulb moment. “Kyung Soo! You’re a genius!” she yelled ecstatically and spontaneously hugged him out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter