Late Starts.

Owl Feathers.

Something short to try and get my writing mojo back after being in such a slump. Also dedicated to one of my best friends bc they're such baeri trash wow amazing.

 


 

Lee Seunghyun does not like Lee Seunghyun. He likes Seungri, because it is victorious and strong and everything he wants to be. Even when he does something stupid, like study the wrong chapters for a test like he did last week or like now, when’s bounding down the steps from the Gryffindor common room three at a time because , he overslept, how did he oversleep they literally live in the same dorm room why didn’t Youngbae wake him up--

He trips over his pants pant leg, the toe of his shoe catching in the fabric at the opposite thigh as he runs, robes tangling in his legs, and he tumbles and rolls down the last few steps with several none-too-silent curses and the guarantee of some nasty bruises later in the day, but Seungri, not Seunghyun, takes the last somersault with grace and lands on his feet once again before darting off down the hall to the awe of several of the students milling about the halls. He’ll probably get questions later about if he’s alright, can already hear a distant call of the question, but he’s around the corner and too far down the hall to answer them now and in all honesty he can hardly bring himself to care.

With the push of a too-heavy door the clacking of his shoes against the old castle floorings dissolve into the soft thumps of feet pounding against grass. He’s hit all at once by the cool late October air, a voice in the back of every student’s ear reminding them of the biting England winter weather on the horizon, and he’s glad that he’s remembered his cloak as it billows behind him. In the distance, at the field, he can already see the teams rising into the air, and it only makes his legs carry him faster despite the burn in his thighs.

By the time his feet hit old wooden steps and launch him the last few feet into the stands he lungs are burning just as badly as his legs from such a sprint, hair mussed and barely taken care of from shooting up so rapidly and getting ready back in the dorm in hardly 5 minutes, but he’s there as the whistle blows and the plays start and there’s an unbeatable smile on his face as he catches sight of Youngbae towards the back of the formation, the Seeker ever ready to find his best vantage point.

Even though he’s out of breath, can feel his lungs screaming at him in protest, he still cups his hands around his mouth and yells and cheers, and the smile he catches on Youngbae’s face is enough.