012

THE UNWANTED TWIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE UNWANTED TWIN

Chapter 12

 

Kai ran through the hallway while thinking about the possibility of meeting Han Jae Hyun. Kai and Jae Hyun were close when they were in senior high school. Or you can say that they're closefriend. But after graduate , they just lost contact like that. Kai couldn't meet or even call him anymore. He didn't know why. But he was sure that jae Hyun have a reason. Kai was never have such a close friend except Jae Hyun and Jae Won. Jae Won was someone that lived in his neighbourhood when he still live with Jung Tae. He was really close with Jae Won. But after they graduated from Junior High School , Jae Won moved out. Fortunately , after years passed , Jae Won contacted him again. But they rarely meet up because of their work. Then after he couldn't contact Jae Hyun anymore , Kai tried to make friends with others. And he did. He didn't become anti social anymore like his chilhood's life. He make friends with some of his classmate in college and also in his work place. He changed. He became warmer.

"Kim Jong In"

Kai stopped as he heard a girl called his name. Ah he forgot. It wasn't his name. But somehow , Kai was used to it.

"You should call my name" Kai said after he knew that she was Kang Seul Gi.

"Do you have time?"

"No"

"I wanna talk about it" Seul Gi looked confident. She must be ready to tell Kai everything.

"I'm really curious about how it was going but i have to check something important. I'll come to your apartment tonight"

"Whatever" Seul Gi left Kai and walked towards her room.

"Hey!" Kai shouted but it was useless.

***

Kai went to a convinience store near Jung Jae Jin's mansion. He want to check the cctv footage at the junction in front of that store. He was sure that there is a cctv at the gate but it was impossible to check it because that cctv footage must be owned by Jung Jae Jin's family.

"Why i just thought about it right now?" Kai mumbled as he out of his car. Fortunately the store wasn't that crowded.

"Excuse me , I'm from Gangnam Police Station. Can i check the cctv footage at that junction?" Kai showed his false police id card to the employee. He always use that police id card whenever he need some files from public like this. It made by NIS and allowed by NIS to use it as should itself.

“Sure. But what happened?” asked that store employee while he opened some files in the computer.

“A stranger come to that mansion. We have to look for it”

“Ah, what time was it?”

“Before 03:00 am. It could be around 02:45 am”

“I found it” The employee show the file to Kai.

“Alright then. I can watch it by my self. You can continue your work. Thank you” Kai said.

He patiently watch the cctv. He was waiting for a car , taxi , or maybe a motor bike passed the junction. And right after five minutes waiting , a motor bike passed at 02:50 am.

“It was a guy. It must be him” Kai watched that motor bike and paused the video right when that motor bike passed the store. He zoom it then tried to look over that guy. But he wore a helmet. He didn’t forget to note the lisence plate of the motorbike so he could know who’s the owner.

“Yoboseyo?” Kai picked up a call from his house. His real house. It must be his maid.

“Jae Joon-a, Jaewonie is here. He is sleeping right now” an ahjumma voice that he knew really well speak there.

“Jung Jae Won? Real...ly?” Kai frowned while he close the file in the computer in front of him.

“I tried to call you but your phone turned off. And it’s been a while since you wasn’t home. Didn’t you miss your bed?”

“Arasseo ahjumma. I’ll be there” Kai smiled as he ended the call.

***

Kai continued his journey that afternoon to Se Hun’s house. Se Hun text him that he already home. Kai didn’t want to be home. He didn’t want to be in Jong In’s mansion. He just couldn’t see Kim Hoon for right now. There are a lot of things he should consider before he meet Kim Hoon. But somehow he miss Han Bin.

“Hyung, what’s up? I didn’t see you since yesterday” Kai could hear Han Bin’s voice through his phone. He was calling Han Bin.

“I’ll be home tonight. Do you want something?” asked Kai.

“Pizza , Chicken mayo , and cola? Oden is okay too” Han Bin chuckled.

“Ok. See you at home” Kai ended the call. For him , Han Bin was really nice as a brother. He felt that. He felt Han Bin’s warm side even since their first meeting. He just couldn’t imagine how this case would end.

Will everyone get hurt?

Se Hun who still lying at bed just looked at Kai with a confused face. But somehow he felt nice since it’s been a long time for him to have a time with Jong In.

“Kim Jong In” Se Hun called Kai.

“Yeah” Kai answered lazily while lying on the couch.

“Did you start it up again?”

“What?”

“Jung Soo Jung”

Kai glanced at Se Hun when that guy mentioned Soo Jung. But in the next second he lie down again on the couch.

“I don’t know Se Hun-a , too many things should be think before start it up again”

“Why?”

“I hope you understand”

“It’s not because she’s my friend too. It’s just because i can see that she still have that feeling” Se Hun change his position and sat on his bed.

“I knew. But i don’t think it was good”

“I always know whenever you’re lying” Se Hun chuckled.

“And you’re lying right now” He continued.

“Hey i wanna ask something” Kai woke up from his position and then sat on the couch. He didn’t want to talk about Soo Jung. He should calm down. Because Soo Jung make him uneasy.

“I have a lot of questions for you too”

“Then i’ll go”

“I’ll ask it next time. What is it, tell me”

“By any chance , did Soo Jung have a boy friend? I mean a guy friend t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter