Does he really like me?

One Chance

Okay so I think the whole 3rd person narrative style was a total fail so I'm just going to do POVs instead.

Enjoy!!

Tao's POV
As soon as I walked through the door to my classroom, Luhan, Yixing and Jongin as well as my other friend Jongdae who takes the train instead of the subway all surrounded me making me almost fall over my desk.

"Luhan told us all about what happened yesterday with that cute boy on the train," Yixing started.

"Still can't believe you two talked to him," Jongin gushed.

"Do I detect a pang of jealousy Jongin?" Luhan teased with a coy look on his face. "Anyway, tell us about what happened after I left." I still felt giddy about it, and happy that people are taking an interest in what I have to say.

"Well we just talked and found out more about each other. Turns out we have a lot in common." I felt my cheeks burn up when I said this and my friends pinched my cheeks for it. "And then we said goodbye and exchanged Kakao ID's". This naturally resulted in a chorus of 'awww's from all of them which made me laugh. Well all except Jongdae, who was never really one for romance. 

"So have you messaged him then?" Jongdae asked for the purposes of being a good friend and I shook my head. It's not like I didn't want to talk, I just felt that it would look like I'm being too eager if I did.

"Don't worry, wait for him to message you," Yixing reassured me and I tried my hardest to believe him. He's on legs why would he want to talk to you my thoughts sneered at me.

"But the billion won question is: do you like him?" Jongin asked me. I had been thinking about this all night and I'm still not sure. Love at first sight is just something in the movies so I can't have any real feelings for him right now. But at the same time I want so badly to be his and for him to be mine.

Just at that moment, the classroom teacher walked in and his friends all returned to their seats. He was grateful for this because it meant he had more time before he had to give his friends an answer to that question.

Sehun's POV
Am I lame to think that yesterday was the best day of my life? Yes you are but you're lame anyway so it fits my subconscious reminded me. As usual I'm early to school so right now I'm just sitting in my classroom and waiting for my friends to show up. All of last night I sat by the phone picking it up and putting it back down again because I was trying to decide whether to contact Tao or not. I didn't want to seem too... eager.

"Morning!" my best friend Baekhyun called out which broke me out of my thoughts.

"Oh erm- morning," I replied, still a bit taken aback by his cheeriness. Then again this is Baekhyun and it's early morning. This is when his happiness levels are at their peak.

"Someone was in deep thought when I walked in," Baekhyun teased which was his natural way. "Care to share?" At first I thought I should just lie and tell him that I was just daydreaming but then I decided against it. The truth is, I'd been dying to tell someone about this.

"Well yesterday I was on the train home and I got to talking to this boy from SM high school," I started and Baekhyun immediately hopped onto the desk opposite me.

"Go onnnnn," he teased.

"Well we both got to talking and he gave me his Kakao ID," I summarised, not wanting to go through everything. Baekhyun smiled at me so brightly that it was practically blinding.

"Aww finally it's about time. He does bat for the same team right?" I laughed at the way he phrased that. I don't know why he was so awkward about asking things like that considering he's as gay as a flamingo.

"Well not in so many words, but given the way he was blushing the entire time we talked and that he practically squealed when I said that I loved Gucci, I would say so." Baek looked so pleased with himself that he started doungr a victory dance.

"My little Sehunnie is finally growing up. You better not get laid before I do." I pulled a disgusted face. For someone who has issues with asking about uality, he sure as hell didn't have a problem talking about things to do with at all.

"Speaking of which, how are your attempts at pursuing Chanyeol going?" He sighed and started eating an apple which made me smile. Tao called that his 'go-to' fruit yesterday.

"Not as good as I hoped. I don't even think he knows I exist." I looked at my lovesick friend sympathetically.

"Just be brave and talk to him. You're not like that other guy he dated. You're way better." Baek's smile was back on in full force which made me laugh. It didn't take much to put him in a good mood did it?

"Ooh yeah okay then Sehunnie! I know I'll get him some tonkatsu and give it to him tomorrow! Then he's sure to go out with me. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach right? I know that's what they say for straight men but it can't be much different for us more bent guys right?" I couldn't stop laughing at my best friend's last comment. Us more bent types? Really?

"Whatever you weirdo." Just as I said that, Kyungsoo walked in looking very pleased with himself.

"Hi guys," he said as he walked over to us. The way he said it told me that he wanted us to ask if he had any news. Me and Baek exchanged glances and we both thought the same thing.

"Come on. Spill the beans. What are you so happy about?"

"Well you know my next door neighbour," he started. I figured that's what this was about. "She agreed to go out with me this weekend!" He practically jumped for joy when he said that and I could tell he really liked her.

"Not you too!" Baek moaned which confused Kyungsoo. "I can't have both of you being all loved up." Kyungsoo's naturally wide eyes became the size of saucers at that moment. Now I'm going to have to go through the same interrogation all over again.

"Loved up? Sehunnie? Since when?" Yep I knew it. Him and Baekhyun love to interrogate people.

"Well yesterday I met this boy on the train and-"

"OH MY GOD YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH A GUY YOU MET ON THE TRAIN?!" Kyungsoo shouted which caused the girls at the back of the room who I hadn't noticed to start to giggle.

"Thanks for the privacy Kyungsoo," I commented sarcastically.

"Sorry Sehunnie. But I can't believe that your first love is someone you met on the train. It's even better than a movie."

"I'm not even sure I like him yet. I only met him yesterday." This comment didn't seem to have any affect on my friends. Both of them were exchanging glances and smiling any better. Knowing them and how many dramas they've watched, they were probably already planning our wedding or something.

"So have you messaged him?" Kyungsoo asked me and I shook my head. "Well don't wait too long. You don't want someone more attractive stealing your soulmate away." I practically gagged at the word 'soulmate'. It's not like it was possible anyway. I've only spoken to him for less than an hour.

"Well figure out whether you like him or not before you talk to him again," Baek said, being serious this time.

At that moment, the classroom teacher walked in and we all returned to our seats. This made me think about what Baekhyun said. Do I like him? I know I want to.

Tao's POV
I loved Wednesday's because school always ended half an hour early. Usually me and my friends would go and get some bubble tea, but Jongin and Yixing had some science project to do so they went straight back home and Luhan had football practice. In a way this was a good thing because it meant I could easily buy Jongin's birthday present. The stores near my house were better than the ones near school so I decided to head directly to the train station. However once I got there I couldn't help myself so I looked for Sehun. But after a few minutes I gave up and went without him. I put my headphones on and cranked up the volume so I could just lose myself in the music and watch the scenery go by.

After a short while, I bought everything I needed and checked my phone to find out the time. That's when I found out that Sehun had sent me a message. Feeling a rush of excitement I quickly unlocked my phone and opened Kakao.

Hi I'm out of school. Wanna take the train home again? :) 

I looked at the time the message was sent and I realised that it was half an hour ago. Great I missed him and now he’s going to think that I’m not interested. I quickly wrote him a message and then sent it.

Aish so sorry!! I had my phone on silent :(

I kept looking at my phone and I was glad to see that he was online and that he replied relatively quickly.

Don’t worry it was a long shot anyway :) what have you been doing?

I let out a sigh of relief, glad that my mistake didn’t cost my possible relationship with Sehun. Did I just say relationship? Okay yes I admit it. That’s what I want with him but I doubt it’ll happen. He’s too good for me and I’ve never been in a relationship.

I’m buying my friend a birthday present :) how about you?

God I’m awful at making conversation. I hope that he doesn’t get bored of me.

Aww that’s so thoughtful of you :) which friend is it? Luhan?

The fact that he called me thoughtful made my heart beat just a little bit faster but then I told myself to stop acting like an idiot. It seemed nice that he was taking an interest in me though.

No he’s called Jongdae. He loves to watch ‘We Got Married’. In fact my friend Jongin said you look like the main guy in that series. 

Yeah I get that a lot. Wait how does he know what I look like?

Oh great I was hoping that he wouldn’t ask that. I’m just going to tell him the truth. It’s not that embarrassing I don’t think…

Jongin’s the one who pointed you out to me. We were all on the neighbouring train carriage.

After that there was a long pause and a whole manner of thoughts went through my head. I was glad that I was already home because it meant I could pace my room without looking weird. Was he now fed up with me? Did he think I was too creepy and didn’t want to know me anymore? Is he in danger? Just as I was thinking all of this I saw a new message flash up on the screen and I eagerly read it.

Bit weird but I’m glad he noticed me, because otherwise I wouldn’t have met you :)

My heart started beating so fast that I could practically feel it jumping out of my chest. I didn’t want to overanalyse what he said, but what else could it mean? I guess he could’ve just meant it in a friendly way, but somehow I don’t think so.

I’m glad I met you too :)

Okay yes lame reply I know but what else could I say? I didn’t want to question what he said in fear that I would look too needy. And I couldn’t just say ‘thanks’ because that would be really hurtful.

So do you wanna go to school together tomorrow?

Yeah sure :) I would love to.

I can’t believe that he just asked me that. Actually, what was more surprising was that I answered his question so calmly. Probably because we weren’t talking face to face. If we were, I would have probably just stood there blushing the colour of kimchi. I was now officially the happiest guy in the world. 


I hope you enjoy :) please tell me what you think .