three

Fair trade

In his 5 years of experience in the working field, Se Hun has seen various type of workers, the gossip ones, the competitive ones and the slacking off ones. However, the type that always get on his nerves is the clumsy ones.

Kim Jong In, in Se Hun’s opinion, is a clumsy person. He seems like he has a lot in hand that left many things undone. Like how he left his door slightly open and unlock the other night and how he came to Se Hun’s doorstep with a plate of rice cake in hand for Se Hun and totally left his son alone at home.

Which was quite a stupid thing to do, when the baby is only a few months old.

Even so, Se Hun couldn’t bring himself to be irritated by this, not when Jong In franticly run back home at the sudden cry of his son, bring along the rice cake. The terror face Jong In had was priceless and somehow it made him smile unconsciously.

“-for me to eat here?” Se Hun was pulled out for his trance, looking blankly at the male in front of him. Ah he almost forgot that the latter was here. “You were saying?”

Jong In sighed, looking down to his rice bowl before looking back to Se Hun.

“Is it really okay for me to eat here? Am I not disturbing you?” Se Hun smiles and nod. “Of course it is, I wouldn’t invite you if you were.”

Jong In was back to his doorstep a few moments later, one hand securely holding his son while the other one was struggling to balance the rice cake. Seeing the droopy eyes and tired face, Se Hun could,somehow, tell that the latter hasn’t has his dinner yet. So, he took the rice cake from the male and invite him to dinner.

It took a while to persuade him, but Jong In gives in when his stomach suddenly made a grand entrance.

Jong In didn’t say anything, nor did he starts eating after that. Se Hun reach for a fried chicken and put it in Jong In’s plate. “Don’t be shy, eat. There’s a lot more where that came from.” He flashes his signature grin.

Jong In only glances at the male before he starts eating. Se Hun smiles, starting to dig in too. From the corner of his eye, he could see Jun peacefully sleeping on his bed, little hands grabbing tightly to his blanket. Now when he got to have a closer look at the baby, he just noticed that the baby is cute; black hair thinly cover his head, big round eyes closed followed by his button nose and plush lips. Unlike his father, Jun is quite fair but surely, he got the lips from Jong In.

“Hey Jong In” Se Hun turns to Jong In, with Jong In looking back at him. “You got a pretty cute son.” Jong In smiles, shoulders relax a bit. “Thanks, I got that a lot.”

“How old are you, Jong In?”

“I’m 21.” Se Hun almost choked drinking his juice. 21?! AND THE ALREADY HAS A KID?! HEOL. Jong In leans over the table, rubbing Se Hun’s back. “Are you okay?” Se Hun nods and waves the younger’s hand away.

“Yeah, I’m just surprised by your age. I know you’re young, but not that young.” Jong In can’t help but to laugh. Se Hun’s face was so pale that it’s oddly funny.

“How about you, Se Hun shi?”

“I’m quite old.” Se Hun makes a weird face, making Jong In laugh more “I’m 28”

“That’s quite young, I thought you were older.” Jong In laugh at Se Hun’s hurt face. He keeps repeating ‘that’s cruel, Jong In.’

Se Hun pour some sup on his bowl, offer some to Jong In. Then, he took a moment to reminisce what he did when he was 21. It’s totally different from 21-year-old Jong In, that’s for sure. Heck, he still watched cartoons even at that age.

“You’re married quite early. You must be totally in love with the mother.” Se Hun’s question made Jong In’s body rigid. Jong In just nodded, muttering, ‘yeah’ under his breath. There’s a strain to the male’s voice but it went unnoticed to Se Hun, he was too focus on Jun.

Se Hun was about to ask more when suddenly Jun woke up and cry. Damn do you have to cry every time you wake up? Jong In put down his chop stick and went to calm the baby down. Se Hun just eat while he watched at the scene before him. Jong In looks tired while his cradling Jun, ushering him to sleep. It must be tiring to take of baby, especially when you’re young and all alone like Jong In but Jong In didn’t seems to mind that.

The look he has is enough to show that he loves the little monster too much to care.

But the crying didn’t stop and it’s starting to make Se Hun feels uneasy. He could see that Jong In was trying to feed some milk to the baby but Jun didn’t want any. Se Hun was wondering why the baby’s cries still hasn’t subsided until he saw the way Jong In hold the baby.

Crap, that’s not how you hold it, he thought as he went to the pair.

“Jong In, let me try calming him down.” Jong In was confused by the requesting, still too focus calming the baby down but he still gave it to the older one. Carefully, Se Hun took the baby in his embrace and cradle it slowly. Jun was still crying but slowly it subsided to a stop. He snuggle comfortably to Se Hun, grabbing onto the older one’s shirt. Se Hun kisses Jun’s forehead and smiles. He turns to an awe Jong In. the male looks at Se Hun in disbelief as he claps his hand.

“That’s the fastest one yet. It usually took me at least half an hour to calm him.” Se Hun only smiles, taking back his seat at the dining table. He asks Jong In for the milk and tries feeding to the baby, which Jun gladly accept it with a sighs.

“You’re amazing.” This made Se Hun chuckles, the mankid sounds so innocent and naïve like that, maybe he is innocent and naïve, Se Hun wouldn’t know.

“The perks of having to babysit my sister’s children over the years. Didn’t know I would have to put it to use this early.” He laughs as an image of his nieces playing at the backyard came to mind. He missed them. He should give his sister a call later.

“I never babysits anyone before. So, you can tell how bad I am at this.” Jong In laughs awkwardly but Se Hun could senses the bitterness in them. “It’s okay, you don’t have to be good at this to become a parent. You’ll get used to it, I promised.” Jong In knitted his eyebrows.

“You promised?” Se Hun turns to Jong In, with a smile on his lips. “Yeah, I promise. I’ll help you with Jun.”

Jong In was lost of words, a mixed feeling of relief and guilty in piling up in his chest. He opens his mouth and then close it after, still couldn’t grasps the whole idea yet.

“You’re welcome.” Se Hun grins at the younger one. He thinks maybe Jong In was moved by his help that he couldn’t form any words. Jong In, in the other hand, laughs and nods.

“Thank you, Se Hun shi.”

 

“You seems to be in a good mood today. Had a good night sleep?” Baek Hyun asked, taking a seat in front of him. Se Hun smiles as he grilled the meat on the stove. It was quite rare of Se Hun to be eating out and asked his friends to join along at lunch. Especially since he got himself sleep deprivation lately.

“Yeah, I did.” Se Hun said, turning some meat over. Baek Hyun only nods as he took a bowl for his own. Kyung Soo went straight to the toilet as soon as he and Baek Hyun got there while Chan Yeol was away from town for work, thank god.

Honestly, he doesn’t know why he felt so happy today. Yeah, he got his sleep after taking care of Jun yesterday but something inside of him said it was more than that and he doesn’t know what.

Oh well, at least he knows that getting enough sleep is one of the reason of his happy mood.

 

# I hope that was okay haha please comment and let me know what you think of it. thank you.