two

Fair trade

It was 12 p.m., the workers of the company have cleared out from their working station and went out to fill their empty stomach with food. Se Hun was the last person to leave his desk. He dragged his feet to the worker lounge, his dark blue tie hang loose and face painted with deep tired lines.

A screeched of a chair being pulled was heard before Se Hun plopped onto it. A few minutes has passed with him blankly stare to the ceiling. He closes his eyes as he lets himself feels the aches slowly soaking into his bones. His body still hasn’t recover from yesterday’s tiredness. So, to work with that condition wasn’t the best thing to do.

“Hello, vice president~” a happy voice chirps in, tearing into the silence. Se Hun didn’t bother to look, the voice is not something foreign to his ears nor did the aroma of fresh made coffee. His friend just knows how to cheer him up.

“Are you okay?” the voice ask, seems to be closer than before. Se Hun didn’t answer and only sighed. That’s the only way to describe his current feelings.

“Ah ha, I remember you were being all rainbow and sunshine after you move in. what’s with the sudden grey clouds on your head?” a loud voice booming to his eardrums. Aish, does his friend has to bring his loud boyfriend along?

A strained groan was heard followed by a few angry mummers. At least his friend knows how to control his boyfriend.

“It’s nothing, Baek. I’m just tired. That’s it.” Se Hun straighten his back, reaching for his coffee. The brunette looks at him with concerns. He was sitting between his loud boyfriend-Park Chan Yeol and their long time best friend, Do Kyung Soo, all of them facing Se Hun.

“Is it because the loud cries from next door?”Se Hun lets a small smile. He told Baek Hyun everything about his life after he leaves his parent’s house, the older made him to. Baek Hyun just sighed dramatically to the fact.

“You have to do something about it or you might turn into a living zombie soon.” Baek Hyun points out, making Chan Yeol laughs and Se Hun chuckles. “I did do something yesterday” he got the couples gasps in surprise and Kyung Soo’s attention “… and I got a few more hours of sleeps than usual.”

Baek Hyun claps his hands in excitement, Kyung Soo gives a small smile. “What did you do?” Chan Yeol asked, drinking his hot chocolate. “Nothing much, I went in, had an awkward introduction and ask him to keep it low”

“Hey now that you mention it, it’s the first time you guys met huh?” Baek Hyun asked, leaning into his seat. Se Hun smiles at Chan Yeol feeding Baek Hyun some sandwich. Cute, he thought.

“Yeah it was.” “How does he looks? Is he good looking? Or ugly? Spill, Oh Se.” Baek Hyun whimpers at the soft nudged on his ribs. Chan Yeol pats Baek Hyun’s head while Baek Hyun glared at Kyung Soo. Se Hun took his time to reminisce about yesterday event.

An image of a man cradling his baby vividly lingers at the back of his mind. He remembers how the light spills from the kitchen gives him a faint view of the male’s face. He had shiny black hair despite of it pointing everywhere. His eyes was shining, glassed with tears and his face has tears streaming on it.

“He is…” Se Hun paused when something flashed through his head,

“I’m Jong In. This is my son, Kim Jun

“Cute.” Se Hun walks back home with a plastic bag fills with ingredients for dinner. He usually went home by car but his car broke down on the way back. So he put it at the work shop and took a taxi back home.

He greets Mrs. Lim on the way to the stairs. Se Hun checks his phone when a beep was heard. He smiles at the name display on screen, Baek Hyung. He just read the message the older sent. Then, he looks at his other unread messages. Without him knowing, he had reached his floor and a door was just shut close. Se Hun stuffed his phone in his pocket and pulled out his keys.

Se Hun turns the stove off. He smiles at his steaming kimchi stew, another success. He was setting the table when a knock breaks the silence of his house. Se Hun cocked his eyebrows, wonders who would come knocking at this hour.

He opens the door and was surprise to see a jet black standing with a plate of rice cake in hand.

“um hai” the male smiles timidly.

Se Hun can’t help but smiles.

“Hai, Jong In.”