001

Tricky Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was sunny for a winter morning and it didn't fit Minjung's picture perfect expectation. What more that seemed so out of place was the girl next to her older brother, the ever cheerleader wannabe, Ahn Hyunjoo. The girl’s mere presence was the weed to her garden, the torn to her roses and simply an annoying creature sent to torment her. She was just getting to the best part of her inner turmoil when her brother squealed like a girl. Looking back, Minjung saw how he was embarrassing his mighty self in front of the witch. The cause of his shame was none other than his best friend who aimed so well at kicking shins, Lu Han.

The commotion sent the corner of her lips tugging upward. A small smile almost appearing on her face and yet, it fell down as soon as Lu Han looked her way. She acted passive once his eyes were trained on her, seemingly amused of her presence with the couple. For it was a known fact that Minjung didn't fancy many people especially the girls who didn't know any better than latch onto her brother like the parasites they were. She never even appreciated any of her brother's friends so it was a shock to Lu Han and probably the entire school body if they would happen to see her walking with her brother and Hyunjoo. He could not wait to know how she ended up being the third wheel.

It became a very quiet walk for them, or so to Minjung and Lu Han because the couple in front of them had been nothing but mushy while on their way to school. The two lost souls were walking far from each other yet Lu Han could pretty much see every movement of her facial muscles, from disgust to another level of disgust.

It was evident how pissed Minjung had become, with her hands tightly gripping both straps of her backpack and her face contorted like a piece of art gone wrong. She stopped at the gates. "MinseokI think I forgot to buy something, go ahead, I'll see you later!" And she was off just like that.

Minjung woke up feeling good, seeing as it might snow within the day but how come it ended so badly and the sun came up with the spawn of the devil in tow? Walking to school had been her only time with Minseok. Her brother had been very busy as of late that it was hard to corner him into hanging out with her. By hanging out, meaning, he was to buy her a meal. Also, it was a wonder to her how the older guy could date a prude while busy being a player of their school's football team and studying like he was finding a cure for cancer.

"I hate her!" She mumbled under her breath as she recalled how Minseok tricked her into walking with him – them to school.

It really was unusual for Minseok to pester her into heading out to school an hour earlier. Thinking that he might actually treat her for breakfast, she scampered to prepare as fast as she could. And it greatly disappointed her to see a devil around the corner as early as seven in the morning. Before walking ahead of them, she eyed her brother with hate not forgetting to give the other girl the same treatment. She tried so hard not to make a scene and pull the girl's hair with it roots. She held the snarky comments in so that she would not disappoint her brother more. And then Lu Han arrived.

Minjung didn't feel like attending her first subject or even school all together. Her morning was pretty messed up and so as her mood which turned sour too.

In the past Minjung never experienced such hardships while getting rid of a girl interested in her brother. A threat of some sort and the girls were already out of her way. Hyunjoo on the other hand was a big leech that got an attitude with so much confidence and courage. Moreover, Minseok was pretty much blinded by her so-called 'charm'. Not that they were officially dating but it might go that way one day if Minjung could not put a stop to their romantic fairy tale.

She tried everything to make Hyunjoo go running back to the hell she came from. Even though she didn't exactly like everyone around her, some were willing to do anything to please her. And so with them, she schemed a lot of bullying antics and not once had it succeeded. And as if Hyunjoo was born to mock her, when Minseok found out about her being the master of all the bullying, he gave her an earful. It didn't end well on her part but that was not the end of her scheming. Soon after running out of things to make Hyunjoo go away, she outright confronted her. However, Minseok just had to come in between them. Since then he was like in a golden mission to patch things up and make them best friends forever by the end of the year – world. Minseok didn't hold what happened against her and she was more than thankful that he was being subtle about his mission but his timing was never good. Well not that being friends with the leech was in Minjung's to-do list.

The wind blew harder, Minjung pulled her coat tighter around her. Going home was not an option so she aimlessly dragged herself somewhere she could find solace and cool her temper down.

 

***

 

The cafe was almost empty with only a couple having the time of their lives and their late breakfast. It irked Minjung to see such display of affection so early in the morning, reminding her of her brother and the witch just a little over an hour ago.

Minjung took the seat over the counter where her back was turned against the couple. As soon as she plopped on the chair her phone vibrated. Puffing her cheeks and sighing loudly, she pulled her phone out just to see her one and only friend calling.

'Sehun'

Sehun… well before, Minjung never considered him as a friend even though they were childhood playmates. It was one of their many bets that got her into adding Sehun to her little circle that initially only had Minseok in it. Meanwhile, her brother was glad that she finally found a friend and he put all his trust in Sehun because the boy had been nothing but kind to him, well in front of him. But honestly, to Minjung Sehun was a little rough, matching her rough attitude.

Minjung's finger hovered over the answer button but she was still hesitant to take the call. When she was about to hang up and reject it, she felt a hard object on the back of her head.

"How dare you ignore my calls?" came booming in her ears.

She received another smack on the same spot with a seemingly harmless roll of papers and that ticked her off. However, when she was sure that her palm would land on any part of her friend's body, a hand stopped her, fingers gripping her wrist.

"Oh Sehun let go." Minjung sneered as she yanked her hand out of the boy's grip, unintentionally smacking his chin in the process. She could only snicker while he was rubbing the part where her knuckles probably landed. And the boy called Oh Sehun was very doubtful that she didn't do it on purpose.

Soon after, Sehun ordered a cup of coffee for himself and a slice of chocolate cake for Minjung. Taking the seat beside the girl, he fired her with a question he'd been oh so curious about. "I bumped into Minseok hyung earlier and he told me that you forgot something but I don't believe it when I saw him with Hyunjoo noona... Did anything happen?"

Minjung looked at Sehun with a frown then she stabbed the cake repeatedly. "She happened and I hate her!"

"Well who do you not hate?" Sehun teased. His hand immediately held Minjung's to prevent her from murdering the innocent cake and perhaps saving himself. He snatched the fork away from her, using it to get a chunk of the cake. He offered her the piece he took but when she didn't react to it he ate it in her stead.

"I don't hate my bro-" "Well aside from him!" Sehun cut her off with a flick on the forehead.

She slapped his hand and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter