001

Elysian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"..and Ms. Park Gaeul."

Gaeul's shaky eyes shot up at the mention of her name. She blinked several times, just to make sure that it was real. That it was her name that was called. And when she realized it was, she stood up and bowed to the people around her, like the other three interns who had passed. Everyone was clapping and smiling and Gaeul felt overwhelmed and dumbfounded, mouth slightly hanging open. This is where her life begins.

The next day came, and Gaeul swiped her I.D on the I.D swipe machine, whatever that was called, and went to the president's office along with the other new employees like her. She didn't have much time to get to know them during their intern days as she was too busy studying, and now she wishes that they would become close as employees working together, and not interns competing for a spot. They all sat on the sofas inside the president's office as they patiently waited for him to talk as he was reading their files. Once he was done, he put the papers down and held his hands together, looking at the four, examining them from head to toe.

"It's always like that, isn't it?" he said after clearing his throat. They all looked at him expectantly. "Employees are dressed elegantly within their first day of work. And day after day, they dress less elegantly and more averagely. Like me, for example."

The four cracked sly smiles as the president laughed at his own comment. One bowed his head down in confusion as he didn't know what he would want to feel at the moment, the other was shuffling awkwardly while looking around like he had no idea where he should look at, while Gaeul and one other person confidently looked at president while smiling with both of their hands together individually.

"Let's start with Kwon Soonyoung-ssi," he took the portfolio on top of the other portfolios, scanned them for a few seconds once again and had a blank expression on his face. "You're not half bad. I see this is your second time working for a company, and the last job you had was as a hotel as the Director of Finance. The only problem I saw in you during the evaluation was that you lack interest in the trade world, is that right?"

He gulped, but answered shakily, "Yes, Sir."

"I hope you see the light in trading soon otherwise everything you have worked for and will work for would be nothing but plain moneymaking. And you need a lot more confidence, Kwon Soonyoung-ssi. Focus on improving those two flaws and I reckon you'd be a great employee here at Advox International," the president advised. He smiled for a very short while at Kwon Soonyoung but then returned to his usual blank expression and did the same to the other portfolio as he did to Kwon Soonyoung's.

"Choi Seungcheol-ssi."

"Yes, Sir?"

"How do you feel right now?" he looked at him expectantly. Choi Seungcheol blinked.

"I.. don't honestly know what I want to feel, Sir."

"Why?"

"I honestly have no idea myself, Sir," he tried to lighten himself up by scoffing at himself.

"I know what that pressure feels like, everyone has been there. No worries, you' feel better after a cup of coffee later. Now, your files show good performances. You went to a good school, got a lot of experience from your past jobs, nearly the perfect document, except there is something that has gotten me curious about you. You've got two children, at the age of twenty-three?"

He looked down, "Yes, Sir."

"And I'm guessing you're expecting enough income for you and your family to live by?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Good. I hope you'll use this one fact as a reason for you to work harder and get higher salary. I hope you won't disappoint me, Mr. Choi," he smiled again and took another portfolio.

"Mr. Jeon, it's nice to see you here."

"And you, Sir."

"From what I see, you have remarkable performances although you are applying for this job at a young age. You were an intern with as much experience as anybody else in their forties in this company, although you're at a young age of twenty. You graduated early at one of the most respectable universities in South Korea and you scored higher than eighty-nine percent of the population on your CSAT. You are absolutely outstanding, Mr. Jeon."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Tell me, why did you choose to work in a trading company instead of using your abilities to have a far more successful career?"

"I grew up learning so much about trading and I found that I wanted to walk the same path that my parents and brother walk too, Sir. Or perhaps, it just runs in the family," the young man smiled as he answered.

The president chuckled, "Well, that's a good enough reason for me. And might I ask which department you want to be put in?"

"Resources, Sir. I want work with the most important team in this company and offer everything I can in order to help my team."

"The only problem with you is that you need to improve your public speaking skills, but other than that, I see so much potential in you, Jeon Bohyuk-ssi. I'm glad you chose this company. Now, let's head on to the last employee, Ms. Park Gaeul," he smiled and took the remaining portfolio, opening it and scanning it again.

"As I have said with Mr. Jeon Bohyuk-ssi's files you have phenomenal performances at such a young age, Ms. Park. You graduated in an elite school in China at age fifteen and your IQ is higher than of thirty-seven percent of South Korea's population. I saw no flaws in your presentation which was inspiring as well and all I want to ask from you is that you communicate and socialize with your future team as I have seen lack of teamwork from you and Steel during your training. With stronger teamwork comes better p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter