Sleeping Beauty

Once Upon A Dream

 

chapter three;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   I KNOW YOU; ONCE UPON A DREAM

Flashback-

 

The eight years old Jiyeon stared weakly at the trembling eight years old Jungkook wiping his tear stained cheeks with his clenched fist. She never knew that a week will pass so soon.

 

She helplessly watched as Auntie Jihyun tugged onto Jungkook’s arm, dragging him into the car. The solemn Uncle Soohyun was loading their luggages into the car boot, Hyori and Woobin who came to bid their farewell were standing behind Jiyeon caressing her hair gently to comfort her.


There was nothing she could do but let the soft fingers thread through her hair rhythmically. Her only friend was leaving her, yet she couldn’t bid him farewell, she couldn’t ask him to stay. She couldn’t do anything. She’s voiceless. Literally.

 

Wringing herself away from her parents, Jiyeon made her way to the car window, both her palms pressed on the glass as she kept her gaze fixed on Jungkook. All these time Jungkook had always been the strong one among the two, he was the one that protected her, he was the one that kept her unharmed. But here he is, her hero, curled into a ball crying his eyes out.

 

Tears pooled the rim of her eyes; her heart torn into pieces, her chest hurting so bad, yet she couldn’t scream. All she could do was to tap onto the glass, calling her only friend one last time. Jungkook raised his head from his knees slowly and their eyes met. It was silence like these that evoke the most emotion, that spoke the most. Slowly, Jungkook raised his palm and pressed it against the window as well, matching the girl’s small ones.

 

As cruel as time could be, the sound of the engine revving up sent a jolt of panic down her spine.

 

No..

 

Her eyes widen in fear, tapping onto the glass nervously.

 

No Jungkook..

 

The car started to move, inch by inch, despite the girl furiously tapping onto the glass.

 

No Jungkook.. please.. don’t go..

 

The girl’s feet moved automatically, pacing beside the car.

 

Please don’t go.. please.. Jungkook..

 

She picked up speed as the car did as well, slowly, she was simply chasing behind the car.

 

No..

 

The car went on despite her pleas, picking up speed and preparing to make a turn.

 

No..

 

Please stop..

 

Her heart felt like it could stop anytime, in just a moment the car would make a turn.

 

Please stop.. please..

 

Once the car turned, Jungkook will disappear from her life.


Jungkook.. Jungkook.. Jungkook..

 

The girl ran with all her might, with tears running down her cheeks.

 

“Say ‘no’ if you don’t want me to go to America.”

 

“Say ‘no’ if you don’t want me to go to America.”

 

“Say ‘no’ if you don’t want me to go to America.”

 

“Say ‘no’..”

 

“Say ‘no’..”

 

“Say ‘no’..”

 

No..

 

No…









 

“NOOOOO!”

 

The voice caught the pair by surprise, Hyori and Woobin widened their eyes in disbelief, before glancing at each other. Is that..?

 

“NOOOOOO!!! JUNGKOOK.. NOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Before she even realised it, Jiyeon’s high pitched screech sounded the whole neighbourhood. Her desperate cry so loud that her small body crumbled onto the ground, her fist clenched on the dirt. The car had already made its turn and disappeared before her eyes. She was too late.

 

“C-C-Come back..Jungkook.. I said no.. I said no.. come back..” Jiyeon’s cry had never been this loud and this vocal. She screamed yet another time, begging the heavens not to let him go. But she was too late.

 

He’s gone.

 

He’s gone to America.

 

Nobody will ever know when he’ll return, she’ll be alone.






 

Woobin and Hyori paused on their track from approaching the small girl when soft thudding against the ground, the scrambling of feet was heard. They raised their glance at the small figure scurrying frantically towards the girl, before he pounced and engulfed her in a big hug. The both of them tumbled onto the ground due to the force of inertia, bawling their hearts out in a way that parched the throats of their onlookers. The car reversed and the two adults stepped out of their vehicle, pained at the very sight that they were witnessing. Jihyun pressed her quivering lips together, her palm covering half of her face from the scene that broke her heart.

 

Soohyun was sent to America by his company and the family had chose to follow, they didn’t choose the separate them, fate did.

 

The raw and innocent friendship was not enough to stop the cruel reality. It ended with Soohyun and Woobin pulling the two kids away from each other, with Jungkook shouting his promise. His promise to come back, to look for her again.

 

Since Jungkook had never broken any of his promises, Jiyeon believed him. So she waited.

 

Waited for him to return.

 

YCZmGURh8R5sT55WJI9x81yx2qPmqUpYn-kiCUyh

 

Soft, tender lips pressed against hers, inducing her tired eyelids to flutter open. Blinking to adjust to the light, hmm.. what’s this?

 

The pair of eyes right before her were closed, his lips still intact with hers, slowly pulling away.

 

“Sleeping Beauty, it took you long enough..”

 

The man, no, the boy, backed away from her so as to see her better. His grin so wide that it looks like it’ll split his face. Gently, he tucked a stray hair behind her left ear.

 

“You don’t remember me? We met before~”

 

The girl tilted her head in puzzlement, they’ve met? But no, he’s definitely not Jungkook.. His face was chubbier.. perhaps shorter.. though he’s wearing similar fancy clothes..

 

“W-Who are you..?” The soft voice asked.

 

Exaggerating a groan, the boy pouted with his hands on his hips. Clearing his throat, he took a step back before posing with his arms wide open. Jiyeon simply stared at him, wide-eyed, more confused than surprised. And.. he began to sing.

 

I know you,

I walked with you once upon a dream

I know you,

The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

And I know it’s true

That visions are seldom all they seem

But if i know you

I know what you'll do

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.

Once upon a night,

I dreamed we'd be together

In love forever.

Once upon a night,

I was wishing for a never,

A never ending.

Once upon a night

Once upon a time

Once upon a wish

Once upon a dream.”

 

Once the melodious voice ceased, and the swaying body stopped dancing, the boy again, crouched down in front of her with a wide grin.

 

“Sleeping beauty, you don’t remember me..? I’m-”





 

The school bus jerked the sleeping girl awake, making her rub the sleep away from her eyes. It has been almost a month since the 9 years old had arrived in her new school, and almost 4 months since Jungkook had left. As much as she had regained her speech, Jiyeon remained quiet most of the time, always passive when it comes to classmates and friends. Everybody in school had knew each other since they were in their 1st year of elementary school, hence it was more difficult for Jiyeon to blend into any clique that had already existed.

 

Ever since the boy left, Jiyeon cried herself to sleep most of the time. Especially with the time difference between the two countries, it was hard for her to contact Jungkook. Not when she was still too young to use her parents technology.

 

Fluttering her eyes closed again knowing that it’ll take some time for the rest of the students to alight, she rest her head on the window and listened as the scrambling of feets gets softer. She preferred to get down only when everybody had ran to the hall for assembly so it wouldn’t have been weird for her to walk alone. When she thought that everybody had gone down, light footsteps approached her at the back of the bus again.

 

Thump.

 

Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump thump.

 

A small palm wrapped around her left one before it tugged on her gently, making her open her wide eyes at him.

 

“You’re always sleeping,” the boy mumbled softly before tugging onto her hand again. “Come on, we’ll be late.”

 

Jiyeon didn’t question his actions and simply got onto her feet, following the boy out of the bus, not before bowing to the bus driver.

 

The boy didn’t let go of her hand and continued their way towards the hall, both of them not being bothered by the silence that engulfed them. Watching the boy from a step behind, Jiyeon’s eyes twinkled when she recognised him.

 

“I-I..” her soft voice broke the silent, “I know you..”

 

Once upon a dream..


 

Turning around to look at her, curiously at first, his smile widened as his cheeks bunched together on top of his cheekbone.

 

“I know you too..” he started, before stopping on his track, his free hand extended to pat her head gently,





 

“..Sleeping beauty..”


 

Her eyes widen as she felt her heart skipped a beat. Is this what they call..





 

Love at first sight?

 
 
 
 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

11 | AUGUST | 2015 } FINALLY DONE WITH CHAPTER 4! SCHOOL'S STARTED HENCE UPDATING BECOMES TOUGHER ; n ; SOBS, BUT I'LL REALLY TRY MY BEST TO WRITE AS MUCH AS I CAN. PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE IF POSSIBLE, AND IF YOU SEE POTENTIAL IN THIS STORY LIKE I DO. 

JUNGKOOK HAD GONE TO AMERICA NOW): LEAVING JIYEON ON HER OWN WHEN SHE JUST REGAINED HER SPEECH, WHO'S THE NEW GUY WHO'S THE NEW GUY?(: WOULD HE BE YET ANOTHER PRINCE CHARMING.. OR..?


+ preview for chapter 4 would be posted on the foreword ^^
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )