not a disaster, but a combination.

{one-shot collections} Paradaisia — the place where the powerful ones belongs.

“Deep .” Chanyeol cursed as he panted. Few drops of sweat flowed through his cheek, down to his nape. His breathing was heavy, his voice almost gone. The temperature around the arena was hot, probably caused by his power and — hers.

“Are you going to give up just like that, kiddo?” The girl said, a smirk was drawn upon her lips and it makes Chanyeol’s heart to burn. Fiercely. He gathered all of his strength, trying to get up despite the sting of pain on his knee. Crap, his jeans was burnt. He’s going to make her pay for that.

“You’re definitely nothing to me.” Chanyeol said once he got up. He spread his arms wide, closing his eyes to summon his power. After only few seconds, the flame started to gather in his hands and he shaped it into a ball.

“Take this!” He said, releasing the ball of flame towards his target. For at least once, he prayed so that his bullet could get through his opponent — please, at least for once.

“I’m sorry, but that’s not going to work on me.” The girl said as she drew a bigger flame ball and dodged Chanyeol’s ball — and smashed it to the other side, causing the flame ball to crush against the arena’s wall. Thank goodness, the arena’s wall is strong enough to stand against the attack.

“Crap.” He muttered under his breath as he began to fall onto his feet again. God, this is totally unfair.

“Already giving up, kiddo?” The girl said sarcastically as she approached him. Chanyeol only managed to threw a death glare to her as he leaned his head against the sandy ground. Ouch, he’s freaking hurt as hell. How come a girl like her managed to control the flame damn so well? And what the hell with the flame punches? How could she even do that?

“You need to practice more, Park Chanyeol. Since I’m going to be your mentor for the whole month, you better prepare yourself.” It sounds like a threat — and torture too. Chanyeol didn’t know what kind of sin that he’ve done that he ended up being the mentee of this wicked witch of Hawk — who is also known as, his own sister.

“I ing hate you, Park Chorong. I swear.” He said out loud, despite the fact that he almost lost his voice because of fatigue. Chorong snorted, rolling her eyes as she playfully played with her hair. “Take your words back before I burn off your precious hair. It’s such an inappropiate thing for you to speak like that to your own sister.”

“Psh, sister my foot. You’re more like a witch who actually had a blood-relation with me.” Chanyeol said, hatred feelings could be seen in his eyes. Enough to explain how he hates Chorong, his own sister.

“Stop being so childish.”

“Oh yeah? Maybe you’re the actually one who’s being childish.”

“What the hell?”

“Too much hell. I mean, how come you managed to become my mentor? Do you really that ambitious to ruin me? Like seriously, you better stop because I ing hate it.” Chanyeol spitelfully said. His breathing became heavy again because of his sudden anger. God, it feels like his head is going to explode at any time.

“ you, Park Chanyeol. For your information, I didn’t even know that you’re going to be my mentee like seriously if I knew it at the first place, I would reject it.” Chorong shot back angrily. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes as he stared at her.

“Reject it then.” Chorong stomped her feet unbelievably. Chanyeol is being childish again — God, she’s totally trying hard to hold herself from burning her freaking own younger brother right now. Dammit, Park Chanyeol.

“I can’t. So let’s bear with each other for a while until the end of the month.” That’s the last words from Chorong before she left him lying on the ground and exited the arena. She bumped into Yixing, the Kestrel guy who’s currently worrying over their session.

“Hi, Chorong. How’s the mentoring session went?” Warm smile never leaving his lips. As much as Chorong was tired, it would be rude for her to not even at least flash a smile to him. Yixing is a good guy, so it won’t be a burden to talk properly to him.

“Hectic, of course. It’s Chanyeol. The arena was completely in mess. I’m sorry, Yixing. It would be a hard work for you.” Yeah right, it was completely in mess and there’s few burnt walls. Phew, she only hoped that Yixing’s healing power would be enough to repair the whole arena.

Just as she wanted to leave, she stopped and turned back to Yixing. “Hey, Yixing.” Yixing turned to her with his infamous blank face plastered on his face. “Yeah?” Chorong clasped her lips for a while before continuing, “Chanyeol is slightly injured. His knee was burnt a bit. Can you heal it?”

It took a while for Yixing to reply her, “Yeah, sure. I will.” Chorong mouthed her ‘thanks’ to Yixing and walked off to the main buliding. Sighs, what a long day for her. Park Chanyeol and Park Chorong — more like fire versus fire, and the result is disaster.

 

Phoenix's boys dormitory;

 

“How’s your extra-training session? Heard that you got someone as your mentor today.” His brunette roommate (who’s also his bestfriend) asked. For God’s sake, Chanyeol didn’t feel like replying but then if he just left Baekhyun without an answer, he would disturb him non-stop after this. He really need a proper rest right now, like seriously.

“Yeah. Not very good, though.”

“Heard that Chorong was your mentor.” Chanyeol took a deep breath before he turned to Baekhyun. “What’s the point of asking when you already knew it?” For some reason he felt quite annoyed a bit. Baekhyun flashed his playful grin as he leaned his head against his bed. His hand was drawing small light crystals in his right palm.

“Just asking. And probably wanna see how you would react. I’m jealous of you for having Chorong as your mentor.” Chanyeol scoffed, his hand quickly reached for his pillow and threw it towards Baekhyun, causing the latter to jerk back.

“You’re violent, Park Chanyeol.”

“Oh yeah? You should know how violent your so-called-crush was in the arena. She’s a freaking real witch.” The Fire-kid shook off his head, he still couldn’t understand why his own bestfriend would feel attracted towards his own sis —no, she’s more like witch.

“Really, Chanyeol? You hated her for already too many years just because of a small thing. Don’t you think it’s time for both of you to make up?” Baekhyun sounded slow and calm. He needs to be extra careful when he’s talking about Chorong because Chanyeol would easily lose his temper. He didn’t want to end up getting his precious hair burnt.

“You don’t know anything Baekhyun. I have my own reason.” Baekhyun sighed as he closed his palm, the light crystals disappeared. “I don’t know what the reason was but ever since we entered Paradaisia together, I could tell that Chorong cares so much about you. You guys are still siblings, nothing can change that. Don’t you think it’s childish to hate each other even until now?”

Chanyeol threw himself on his bed, closing his eyes. He didn’t have any attempt to answer Baekhyun’s question — yet he founded that himself was finding an answer for that question. Chorong cares about him? Is it true that he’s being childish? Is true that he should make up with Chorong after so many years they hated each other when they’re blood-related? Chanyeol didn’t know — or maybe he didn’t want to know. The old memories started to appear in his mind, bringing him into the dreamland.

“You shouldn’t be a Park if you’re weak. No weak persons are allowed in Park clan, you should know that.” The 12-years old Park Chanyeol clenched his fists as he heard his father’s words — his weak heart felt like being stabbed and burnt into ashes. He stayed still on the ground, glancing at the little flames that were still glowing. Little flames, his only current power.

“You should do it like your sister. She already mastered ‘Flame of Dragon’ when she was 9. And you? You are 12 right now but you still couldn’t at least drew a huge flame from your palm! You need to improve more or I would be ashamed.” His father’s voice sounded serious, like a glowing huge flame — hot and dangerous. Chanyeol breathed heavily, his eyes following his father’s figure who’s walking through the exit of the mini arena.

Chanyeol fell to his feet, his fists were pressed against the sandy ground. He hates it. He ing hates it whenever his father compared him and his elder sister, Park Chorong. He knew that he’s still far from Chorong’s ability, yet his father shouldn’t pressured him too much. The only thing that matters to him was his pride. He knew, being a son of the Head of Magic Council Association is not an easy thing. But still, he had his own feelings. Who would be happy being pressured for the rest of their life?

“You’re failing again?” A voice came out of nowhere, yet Chanyeol could already recognized it without hearing it for twice. A heavy sigh was escaped from his lips, he turned behind — only to find a girl who looks slightly older than him playing a flame ball in her palm.

“Your focus. That’s your problem, Chanyeol.” The girl said with a smirk on her lips, the flame ball slowly disappeared as she closed her palm. Chanyeol shot an unsatisfying gaze towards the girl, he could feel the hotness rising through his ears.

“Shut up. You don’t know anything.”

“Of course I know. You’re having a hard time, eh?” The girl came closer to him and kneeled. She held out a hand, probably to help the younger to stand up. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and looked at her with a fierce gaze.

“I don’t need your help.” He pushed her hand away and stood up by himself. His trousers was covered by dirt from the sandy ground but he didn’t care anymore. He just wanted to escape from this suffocating space. “Stay away.” Chanyeol said before he slowly walked off, leaving Chorong at the center of the mini-arena.

“Like seriously, Park Chanyeol! Why did you kept pushing me away!?” The 13 years-old Chorong spoke out loud, anger was lingering in her voice and Chanyeol could feel that. Somehow Chanyeol likes it. Her misery was his happiness.

“Because I don’t need you! You’re the only reason why Dad kept pushing me to be a greater person than you! You’re the only reason why I’m living a misreable life as a kid. Can’t I just live like the other kids!?” Chanyeol spitted out angrily his answer upon Chorong’s question earlier. His chest moving up and down. His fists felt hot, and without his realization a huge flame was produced on his palm.

Bad thing happened when he accidentally opened his palm wide, causing the flame to flew in so many directions, including — towards Chorong. As the result, Chorong quickly dodged the flame with her skill, yet too bad that she wasn’t aware of another shot of flame that came through her right side and — a loud “Zassssss!” sound was produced as it touched the fabric of her shirt and it burned.

“Aaaargh!” Chorong screamed in pain as the fire start to burn the right sleeve of her shirt.

Chanyeol became panicked of course yet he was dumbfounded. His legs were totally numb. He wanted to scream for help yet he didn’t. He just can’t. The only next thing that he realized, Chorong put off the fire by controlling it and smashed it into the walls causing the flame to break into smaller sizes and disappeared. Chorong fell unconciously on the sandy ground. Few seconds after that, the guardians of the mini-arena stormed in and surrounded her. Chanyeol swore that it was the most terrifying moment ever to him.

After that incident, he was punished by his father. Yeah, he almost killed his sister and her father’s favourite. He deserved it. From that moment, he realized that he should at least apologize to Chorong.

That night, he sneaked to Chorong’s room only to find the elder was still wide awake. It was awkward for Chanyeol. Ever since they’re kids, they didn’t have a good relationship. It doesn’t feel like they’re real siblings. Not at all.

“What do you want, kid?” Chorong stared at Chanyeol. Her eyes seems so cold. Chanyeol didn’t speak, instead he just looked at her and he could saw her right arm was bandaged. It didn’t seem much bad, probably already healed by the person who mastered the healing power.

“I..I..” Chanyeol finally opened his mouth to speak. Few seconds after that, Chorong cut him off. “Do you even know why Dad didn’t really favour you?” He opened his eyes wide as he heard Chorong’s words.

“Because you’re weak. You’re weak and you didn’t want to fix yourself. You’re a shame to our family.” Chorong said coldly. Chanyeol clenched his fists tight, trying hard to endure his angriness. He might lose his temper again and he would make a flame if he didn’t endure his temper well. That moment, his intention to apologize was completely gone. Chorong’s words drew a scar in his heart.

“Fix yourself. That way, Dad won’t be ashamed to have a son like you.” Chanyeol had it enough. He shot a glare towards Chorong who’s still have a cold expression plastered on her face. Dammit. This is too much. His hatred feelings towards her came back real fast.

“I will. I swear that I’ll be better than you.” The moment when he vowed that, he finally acknowledged that — he never had an elder sister. What sister? He’s all alone for all the time. He and Chorong are only strangers, who were actually blood-related. He set his steps out of from her room, with a promise towards himself — Park Chanyeol will never lose to Park Chorong.

 


Another week for extra-training session. And another fight between Chorong and Chanyeol of course. It’s already been three weeks, which means this week would be the last week for them to train together as a mentor and a mentee. Yet, both of them were still like petrol oil and fire. Add the petrol oil to the small fire, then you’ll get a huge-sized fire. Which also meant, disaster.

There’s something good though about it — which today, Chanyeol finally developed another skill with his power. Something that’s way more powerful than the ‘Flame of Dragon’ which he finally achieved by himself during his first year in Paradaisia.

“Nice one kid. Good way to detonate.” Chorong said, a slight of amazement could be found in her tone. “Curse of Dragon.” She muttered, half-smiling as she looked at Chanyeol who was standing few meters away than her — he was surrounded by fire balls in a circling arrangement that he drew by himself, the fire balls looked stable while floating in the air.

Chanyeol shot a look at her. “I told you that I can do it.” He marked arrogantly before turning the balls down, smashing it into the sandy ground. Sounds of sand burning could be heard.

“Fine. You did it. So impressive and amusing.” Chorong spoke, scribbling something in Chanyeol’s record book. She’s going to submit it to Professor Ahn who’s in-charge for today’s extra-training session. Thank goodness, eventhough both of them got themselves into a fight that would cause the whole arena to be burnt, at least it does worth. She knew it, by playing with Chanyeol’s temper it would make him to generate his power easier.

“We’re done for today. Maintain it well, Park Chanyeol.” Chorong said, still half-smiling. She turned her heels, walking towards the exit of the arena.

“Wait!” Chorong stopped upon Chanyeol’s call, turning back only to find Chanyeol racing towards her while panting so hard. Three weeks training with Chanyeol, she could conclude that the boy is stronger than he ever thought himself would be. He just needed some pushes.

“Yeah?” She asked as Chanyeol reached her. The younger male panted a bit before speaking again, “It’s the last week of our extra-training session, right?” Chorong shot him a blank look. “Yes, it is.” She replied. Honestly, she felt quite sad since their session is going to end pretty soon. After that current ‘incident’ which only both of them probably knew, it’s the first time for her and Chanyeol to spend time together. Even at home, they barely meet up because both of them prefer to lock themselves up in their room or it’s either she went to Irene’s house and Chanyeol went to Baekhyun’s house — well, as long as they won’t bump into each other then it’s okay.

After all of the training sessions, Chorong finally realized something. She finally realized that how she missed her old playful brother. She knew that she didn’t really paid much attention to him during their childhood days, and that’s because she’s too busy pushing herself to become a perfect daughter of her father — but the truth was, she only wanted to be a good example to her brother, Park Chanyeol. It turned out into the wrong way though, when she discovered that her father kept pushing Chanyeol to be greater than her. Chanyeol’s power could only be developed when he really wants to. Not by forcing it. Maybe that’s why, Chanyeol couldn’t control his power when his temper was uncontrolled. Probably explain how the past ‘incident’ happened. She didn’t blame him though. It’s her fault after all. Not enough with that, she took a very childish decision that would push Chanyeol further than her. Their relationship was completely destroyed only because of her childish act. But she had her own reason — Chanyeol would improve himself more if he wants to. The only thing was he needs a reason to do so. And she succeed to make herself as the reason. That’s how Chanyeol could come this far. It’s worth more than everything. Park Chanyeol is more important to her.

“Well.. It’s the last week so...” The latter paused. Chorong could sense the nervousness in the younger’s voice, she could read it. It’s always easy for her to read Chanyeol — maybe that’s why the fact that they’re blood-related was definitely undeniable.

“I want to have a battle. You and me. On the last day of our session.” He continued, bringing his left hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it awkwardly. Chorong was dumbfounded by the younger’s sudden request but she didn’t even protest. She gave him a confident look, “Okay. You and me.” She added. For some reason she felt nervous, it’s not that she’s afraid of losing but — she was afraid if Chanyeol would hate her more even after all of these things ended. All she wanted was to spend more time with Chanyeol. The past three weeks were so precious to her eventhough they would end up fighting with each other in the arena.

“The one who loses should grant whatever the winner wants. How’s that?” Chanyeol said in his deep voice. Chorong chukcled lightly, “God, you’re so childish.” But then she did nodded her head. “Agreed.”

“And...” Chanyeol added. He shifted his eyes looking to Chorong, for a moment both of them caught themselves staring into each other’s eyes which was also the most rare thing that ever happened to them.

“If I win.. I want you to grant my wish.” He finished. Chorong raised a brow, a questioning look was plastered on her face. “What kind of?” Of course she would feel curious. The next thing that she realized was, Chanyeol looked down to the ground, tearing his gaze towards her with a heavy sigh.

“I want you to forgive me. And also if I lose, I want you to forgive me. Yeah, that’s my wish.” He looked up again, a thin smile was drawn on his lips. For the first time, she felt like wanting to burst into tears yet she didn’t. No, she’s too happy to do that. Chorong was completely speechless, didn’t know how to respond. Her legs felt numb, her tounge couldn’t even utter a word.

“Park... Chanyeol..” She called the younger’s name after being silent for a moment. Chanyeol shot her with a concerned look and a smile on his lips. Chorong didn’t wait for the younger to answer as she quickly pulled her freakishly tall younger brother into a hug. It would be the most embrassing moment ever because — she finally broke into tears eventhough she was definitely happy at that moment. Geez, she never thought that she would cry, like seriously.

“You’re childish Park Chanyeol. So childish.” She said in her sobs, punching lightly the younger one’s chest as he hold onto her. “It’s my fault Chanyeol. I know that I shouldn’t talk to you like that during the past but — it’s for your own good.” She said. Chanyeol slowly brought his hand on her back, patting the elder softly.

“Both of us were childish. We are childish. You knew me to well, Noona. You’re the only one that would understand me so much — only that I’m the one who never noticed it. It’s my fault too.” Chanyeol sounds so apologetic. Chanyeol swore to himself that he won’t be childish again. It’s enough for him. Last four years were only going to be a past that he didn’t want to remember. He had it enough on his hates for his own sister. To tell the truth, he would blame their father for drawing a line between him and Chorong. If he didn’t pushed him too much to gain more skills on his power, he won’t ended up hating Chorong. Maybe they would be the most-envied siblings in Paradaisia. It’s not that late for them to be like that right?

“Come on, Noona. We should go back.” Chanyeol said, releasing his grip on the elder. He brought his hands to the elder girl’s face, brushing away the tears that’ve been flowing. Aw, what a cute sister he had. He only just realized that.

“Call me that again, Yeol.” Chorong said, putting an arm on his shoulder as they walked together towards the exit, completely forgotten the battle-thing that they just discussed.

Chanyeol smiled, “Noona. My freaking-ugly-yet-the-cutest-one, Chorong-noona.” Chorong chuckled upon Chanyeol’s sudden joke. She never expect that this day would came, where their bond would be healed. They kept walking, until they bumped into Yixing who looked very shocked with the sudden change between the siblings — well, probably almost couldn’t believe on what he just saw until he crashed himself into the walls. Nah, it’s okay. He had enough power to heal himself. The most important thing was, Chorong got back what she lost for already a long time. So does Chanyeol. They’re no more a disaster. They’re a combination, that would complete each other. The perfect one.