three of us.

{one-shot collections} Paradaisia — the place where the powerful ones belongs.

The night was dark. The surrounding was cold, enough to make her shiver when the cool breeze hits her porcelain skin. A heavy breath escaped her lips as she threw herself, landing softly on the green coloured grass. The night was dark yet, there’s still stars. She rested her head on her arms, using them as a pillow. As she hummed to some ballad song in a low hums, her eyes were shifted to the sky which was above her. Stars twinkling everywhere, making her to feel calm and relaxed. Suddenly, she could sense a strange wind coming out of nowhere, good thing that the wind didn’t felt cold as the one that hit her against her skin. Her pony-tailed hair swayed from left to right, following the wind’s movement. She stayed still, not even have any guts to move. Well, actually she probably knew what’s going on. Slowly, she closed her eyes. Her hums never end. And as the wind stopped, she finally pulled herself up into a sitting position. Head resting over her knees. She could hear the sound of faint footsteps from the back, only then it stopped when she opened to speak.

“Already warned you for thousands times, Oh Sehun. You don’t really listen, don’t you?” She sounded annoyed rather than delighted. She didn’t get any reply, yet it wasn’t too long for her to wait for the person to show up. The latter took a seat beside her, the cool breeze once again blew and it brushed the brown locks that’ve been covering the latter’s eyes.

“You should have known that I never listen. Don’t you think so, Son Naeun?” A smirk was plastered on the latter’s lips, causing her to snort. She pulled her face up, so that she could see him clearly.

“Oh, come on. I just need time to be alone. I need to run away from all of the distractions for a while. Just need a break.” She’s sounding soft and low, not as stern and strict as she always do. Sometimes, she needs some space to be herself. Her real-self, not the one that her parents wanted. The latter drew a thin line on his lips, as he heard her words. She sounded so honest. This is the thing that he likes about her the most, Son Naeun; It’s not that difficult to read her — well, at least not to him.

“I thought that the people with Frost-power is strong enough,” Sehun said, almost like mocking. Yet she knew that he never meant that. She threw a light punch on his arms, adding some of her frost power as she produce tiny snowflakes on the latter’s sweater sleeve. Sehun shivered upon the sudden cold sensation that he just felt on his sleeve and flinched a bit. Geez, didn’t Wind always go well with Ice?

“Hey, no playing it rough.”

“Idiot. It’s just a flake. A tiny one.”

“Yeah, whatever. It still can freeze me to death though.”

“Don’t be so dramatic, Sehun. You’re lucky enough that it was me. Minseok-oppa would be able to freeze you into some iced-statue. Your Wind won’t be a help.”

“Don’t mock my power. You’re making me felt quite regretting for being born with this kind of power.” Sehun pouted, bringing his hand close to her uncovered neck. Naeun flinched as Sehun shot a few soft blow which also tickles down to her neck. Really, she shouldn’t mess with the Wind-kid.

“Right. You’re the one who started it off first.” Sehun sticked out his tounge, probably knowing how to piss Naeun off. Well, that’s actually his special ability which would only worked on her. But really, Sehun knew how to play well. Especially among the seniors, maybe that’s why he’s so well-known.

“It’s getting late. Shall we go back, for now?” Sehun voiced out. Naeun gave him a little nod before standing up on her feet, followed by Sehun. She pulled her black-coloured hood over head, getting ready to walk back to the place where they belong — Paradaisia.

That’s stopped them for a while when a figure suddenly appeared in front of both of them, causing the Ice-girl and the Wind-boy to jerk back.

“Freaking Kim Jongin. How many times that I should tell you to not appear like a ghost. You should at least warn us.” Jongin playfully grinned as he reached for Sehun, swinging his arms into his friend’s shoulder. “Sorry man, it wasn’t required in my power yet. I could only teleport.” Yeah, Jongin’s power is only to teleport. Still have many things to be learnt but for now, his achievement was quite good. Last time, he managed to teleport to Hawaii and came back with a hula-hoop girl statue with him and some coconut juices. Even though his power didn’t really useful to him sometimes, yet anyone would crave to have his power. Hey, it’s freaking cool right to have the ability to teleport to anywhere you want. Just think about a place then “Poof!” You’ll reach it in no time.

“And you, Son Naeun. I swear, I’ll teleport you to the North Pole and leave you there if you ever disappear yourself from us again! Like seriously, we’re almost died wondering where have you been.” Jongin approached Naeun with his non-stopping nags. His blonde locks covered his eyebrows and it looks so soft that Naeun felt like wanting to brush it away. And she did.

“I’m not going anywhere. Still around the place which is close to Paradaisia. If I had your power, I would teleport myself to the place that you guys would never find me.” She said, jokingly but it seems that both of the latters were taking her joke as a serious thing.

“Thank god, I’m grateful that you’re born with Frost-power.” Jongin said. “Yeah. You’re going to be a big headache then, for us.” Sehun added. Naeun rolled her eyes, hugging both of her best boyfriends on their shoulders. “You guys will still love me though.”

“Yeah, right. Be grateful for having us then.” Jongin said, his hand reached for her hairband and pulled it off — which made her pony-tailed hair disappear without any warning.

“Hey!” She shrieked, slapping Jongin in the arms. Too bad that Jongin was fast enough to teleport to the left-side, beside Sehun.

“You can’t never catch me, girl.” Jongin chuckled lightly along with Sehun. It’s fascinating for them to tease the only girl in their friendship. Sehun blew a soft wind from his lips, causing Naeun’s hair to turn into a messy hairdo. She still looks beautiful though, and it didn’t took a long time for her to fix it — she only needs to comb her hair using her fingers and it’s done.

“I swear that I’m  going to froze both of you to death!” The girl pouted, holding out her hand and trying to draw her frost power from her palm. The small pieces of ice crystals was formed on her hand and she dodged it to the boy who blew the wind and the boy who teleports.

Too bad, Jongin used his power again and dragged Sehun along with him and appeared behind of her — so they’re save from the Ice Princess’s ice crystals for a while. “That’s not fair!” Naeun groaned in frustration. Kim Jongin and his teleportation power.

“Okay enough. We should go back for real. Let’s continue our battle tomorrow.” Sehun decided. And yes, the other two were completely agreed with his idea because they would be busted at any time for sneaking out at the night. But then, it’s okay though if the three of them were caught — at least they still could spent their times together in the extra-training class; sounds like detention but it sure have benefits. It would be super-fun though to attend the extra-training class as the punishment — they would locked themselves up in the arena and trained to use their different powers against each other. Oops, but then it would be a disadvantage for Jongin because he didn’t need much training. Teleportation only requires focus and determination.

“Great thing. This is why I would hang out with Jongin.” She said suddenly and hung her arms onto his shoulder. Sehun did the same too, a cheeky grin was plastered on his lips. Jongin looked at the both of his two annoying friends, god they’re taking advantage on him.

“God, why did I even befriend with lazy asses.” Jongin whined, pulling both of them closer to his body so that it would be easy to take them along when he’s teleporting. Naeun let out a light chukle as she hung to Jongin.

“Here we go.” Sehun said, closing his eyes. Naeun did the same and Jongin too. After few seconds, they disappeared with a loud “Poof!” sound, travelling their way back to Paradaisia. It would probably took at least 30 seconds for them to arrive there since Jongin still haven’t mastered the swiftness in teleporting. He’s improving though. The newest record of his teleportation to Japan was 100.50 seconds. It’s pretty impressive. The best record of teleportation in history was 0.90 seconds — created by the late of Jongin’s great-grandfather, Kim Jaejoong. Indeed, the Kims were known as the strongest clans among of the others — and pretty vicious too.

 

 

“We’re here!” Jongin exclaimed as the three of them finally felt the ground. Naeun opened her eyes, only to find she’s standing in front of the entrance of Falcon’s girls dormitory. Yeah, she’s in Falcon. In Paradaisia, the students were divided into four houses which are — Falcon (dark blue), Phoenix (dark-red), Kestrel (dark-yellow) and Hawk (dark-green). Sehun in the Hawk while Jongin in Phoenix. That doesn’t give any much different though.

“Great. Thank you for teleporting me here, right in front of the dormitory entrance. You’re the best, Jongin.” Naeun patted the tan-skinned male, pulling him into a hug and not forgetting to plant a light peck on the latter’s cheek. Then she turned to Sehun, doing all of the things that she did to Jongin. It’s more like a way for her to say her thanks to them. Because she knew, whenever she felt stressed with the training and facing failures in improving herself, at least those two would always cheer her up and no one could even do it like them. They’re so important to her — they’re her bestfriends for life.

“Go in. I’m going to teleport Sehun after this.” Jongin said. Naeun drew a thin smile, looking at both of the boys in front of her.

“He need to of course. I can’t travel in with my Wind.” Sehun snorted, earning a light smack on the back of his head from Jongin. “Idiot, you could if you really work hard.” Sehun rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Naeun shook off her head, these guys really look so cute when they bickered. That’s what friends are, small bickers could make their bond became stronger. Really, Naeun couldn’t imagine how her life would be if she never met those two, Sehun and Jongin. Two persons that she cherished the most after her family. The important ones to her.

“Okay, guys. I shall get going. Goodnight, my Wind and my Traveler.”

“Yeah. Goodnight too, Ice Princess.” Both of Sehun and Jongin said in sync. With that, Naeun stormed through the entrance. Since it’s still dark in the night, the guardians won’t really noticed her if she sneaked in. Well, she hoped so.

“Come on dude. We better hurry. The head of Hawk would snap your head off if he caught you wandering outside of the dorm during this hour. And I would be dead too.” Jongin nervously said, he kept his focus to the surrounding to avoid anyone seeing them.

“Do your task Jongin. It’s okay, if I was caught at least I knew that you’re going to keep me a company during the extra-training.” Sehun joked. Jongin hung his arm on Sehun’s shoulder.

“Yeah, right. I’m going to make sure that there’ll be three of us. You, me and Naeun. Because there’s always three of us.”

“She won’t resist it too. She loves to train.” Sehun getting ready to close his eyes as Jongin sent him a sign to be prepared for a teleportation. “Yeah. She is.” Jongin muttered before closing his eyes, and after he chanted his power both of them disappeared — probably teleported to Hawk’s boys dormitory and only to find that both of them were caught by the head student of Hawk, 6th grade student, Wu Yifan.

“Dammit.” Jongin cursed under his breathe as he received a frozen look from the scary head of the house.

“Seems like it’s going to be three of us for the extra-training.” Sehun whispered. What a wrong timing, Kim Jongin.

“Yeah, three of us. I guess.”