Sehun's Side Story - I like you.

Flowers of Incarnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Side-story, Sehun.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

25th March 1980

 

            It’s still early in the morning, but a boy was seen running down the stairs of an old apartment by the street. There’s a cheeky smile on his bright face as he skipped down a few steps. He finally exited the apartment after greeting an old tenant by the entrance. As he stood in the middle of the street, he looked up to see a younger girl standing by the window of the forth’s floor apartment, which was his house. She was pouting, obviously feeling upset.

 

“Oppa is leaving to school. Wait for me to come back okay?!” He yelled at the girl, still smiling.

“Go away! I don’t want to!” The girl yelled back and later slammed the window hard.

“What a grumpy sister she is.”

 

He happily proceeded his way to school. A hand in pocket, and another was swinging his school bag. His lips were whistling to a pleasant tone, portraying his delightful feeling. A yellow petal then fell on his shoulder, which was forsythia’s. He tilted upwards where yellow forsythias were blossoming. A wide smile appeared as he enjoyed the beauty of nature.

 

“The most favorable season had come.” He muttered behind the smile.

“Bring him here!” A loud and rough yell suddenly entered his ear.

 

He looked at the street where a truck filled with armed soldiers passed by. It stopped by the road near him, and a group of soldiers got off the truck. He noticed a man was dragged forward, facing their leader. He gritted his teeth to see the man was hit with the riffle after he was forced to kneel down.

 

“Everyone was supposed to enjoy this beautiful nature happily with their families since it’s spring. But those bastards ruined it all. I’ll teach you bastards a lesson.”

 

He picked a few stones and sneaked in between the trees until he was close enough to the group of soldiers. He took a stone and targeted it to a soldier. With an eye closed, he bit his lips before throwing the stone as strong as he could. He secretly cheered behind the tree when the stone hit one of the soldier’s nape. The soldier confusedly turned around but seemingly gave up after a while because he saw no one. This time the boy took another attempt. He picked three bigger stones threw them all continuously toward the soldiers, and a voiceless giggle came out as all the stones hit the soldiers.

 

“Bulls-eye! Wow you’re cool, Sehun.” He boasted alone behind the tree.

“Who’s there?! Come out before we find you!”

“I guess it’s time to run to school.” Sehun came out from his hideout, “Bye losers!” He teased the soldiers once before he dashed away as fast as lighting.

“You’re not going anywhere!” The soldiers started chasing after him.

 

However, he managed to escape real fast with his long legs. He stopped running after he saw the school’s building. While panting, he wiped away the sweats on his forehead. He was about to make his way into the building when a girl suddenly passed by him, strangely sending chills to his spine. The girl walked slowly with her head hung low. Her smooth hair was prettily blown by the spring breeze, making it seemed too overwhelming for the boy. His young heart fluttered just by the sight of the girl’s back disappearing at a corner.

 

“Yah Sehun! Cover your mouth a little. Are you amazed by something?” Another boy appeared, furrowing his eyebrows.

“I just saw an angel passed by. Do you know her, Jongin?”

“Her? Who?” The confused friend asked.

“Forget it. I’ll meet my angel again later.”

 

            The teacher was teaching in front, while Sehun was dozing off at the back. He couldn’t really digest what the teacher was teaching. His textbook was filled with useless doodles, showing how bored had he been throughout the class. However, his eyes shone when he suddenly remembered the angelic view of the girl from this morning. His lips unknowingly curled up a slight smile, no longer feeling sleepy. He quickly rose up his hand, getting the teacher’s attention.

 

“What is it Oh Sehun?”

“Sir, I need to use the restroom.” He told.

 

Once the teacher nodded, Sehun quickly dashed out as if it was an emergency. But the truth is, along the way, he was looking through every class of the small school, searching for the angel he saw. He walked passed all the classes until he reached the restroom, but he couldn’t find what he’s looking for. He started wandering in the restroom, couldn’t stop getting rid the image of the girl. Whilst standing facing the mirror, Sehun looked at himself while placing his palm onto his chest. He had fallen so hard, falling in love. Unable to restrain his anxiety, he decided to go back to his class and continue dozing off just like before.

He walked back to his class while slightly whistling, but just right before he could arrive, his eyes instinctively wandered inside his neighboring class, where he caught a sight of a pretty girl sitting at the most front next to the window, eyes fixed to the teacher in front with her shining eyes. He curled a joyful smile, and his face was almost blushing red just by catching a sight of the unknown girl.

 

“I’ll see you later.” He muttered before happily leaving.

 

---

 

Sehun dashed out of his classroom that afternoon during lunch time. He couldn’t even hear his friend was calling for him, because his mind was set upon something else. He reached the other classroom near his, where the students were flocking the door to leave for lunch. He watched carefully just in case the person he’s looking for would pass by, but he couldn’t find anyone as such. When the door was finally freed from the hungry students, he quickly barged in. However, he sighed in disappointment to see the empty table by the window.

 

“Sehun, come on! Aren’t you taking lunch?” Jongin, his friend, called from outside the room.

“It’s fine. I’m staying.” Sehun insisted.

“You’re so weird today. Whatever then.” Jongin then left.

 

Sehun leisurely took a seat at the table, blankly staring at the empty desk. He then quickly looked around, searching for a book that would probably contain the girl’s name. His hand reached an old black journal which was quite outstanding in his eyes. He carefully browsed to the first page, where a name was neatly written at the top.

 

“Park Jiyeon.” He said smiling.

 

He seemed very amused just by knowing the name. He browsed through the next page and read it carefully. However, his smile was slowly disappearing and was replaced by a frown as he read entry by entry. He realized it was wrong to read someone else’s privacy, but every words written in the journal was slightly breaking his heart. Sehun let out a heavy sigh, to think that such an angelic and innocent girl had to go through all the hardships, making him felt like protecting her all the time.

 

“Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter