1/1

Take me far away

Taehyung listened to the faint buzzing sound the car made. Through the speakers were an old rock song to hear, but the volume was too low to actually hear something. Still, Yoongi managed to tap his fingers against the wheel in the same beat; he always loved those old rock songs. He always says, they remember him of his father.

Yoongi lives alone. The twenty-one year old boy stayed most of his time in his little apartment near the city. It was quit there. Cars drove slowly, people stayed the night somewhere else or slept. His neighbour were friendly, always making sure Yoongi ate when Taehyung couldn’t watch over him. The older boy worked at home, tried to hide from everything, tried to stay invisible.

Taehyung’s a nineteen year old college student. He’s majoring in economics, because parents wanted him to. His parents were the founder of the Kim Company, one of the largest companies in South Korea and that means they were rich and had to look after their image. Taehyung should take over the company when he’s old enough, but he had other plans. He wants to be free, wants to archive his own dreams.

His parents apply a lot of pressure on their son. Talking him into the business and urging him to write good grades. He had to come to events and greet other rich, spoiled businessmen with their even more spoiled daughters. Taehyung always stayed in some corner, smiled when he had to, was friendly to the important people and flirted with the right daughters. You could say his life was easy.

But it wasn’t.

It wouldn’t be the first time that Yoongi woke up to the buzzing of his mobile phone, because Taehyung couldn’t sleep or because he couldn’t stop crying. Taehyung was not happy with his life, not at all.

So it didn’t surprised Yoongi when his phone rung at 2am on a Saturday with Taehyungs name on the display. It took Yoongi 20 minutes to get into his car and to drive to Taehyungs house.

 

Taehyung lay onto his bed, eyes puffy and red, when he got a new message

I’m waiting outside – Yoongi

He sat five minutes later next to Yoongi into some washed-out jeans and a black T-shirt. The older boy gave him a quick kiss on his lips and run his hands through the dark brown locks, before he drove away.

Taehyung didn’t know where their destination was, but he trusted Yoongi that he would bring him far away from his parents. Even when it was just for one day.

His gaze wandered from the landscape outside, which was barely to see thanks to the darkness, to Yoongi. The older man had pulled a beanie over his fading orange hair, a flannel shirt over a white T‑shirt. The piercings on his ear shone in the moon light. His eyes were focused on the street, a small smile tucked on his lips while his fingers still tapped to the beat Taehyung couldn’t make out.

“What are you staring at?” Yoongis eyes left for a second the street. The dark eyes focused on him, the smile still on his lips.

“Nothing” whispered Taehyung and laced their fingers together.

Yoongis smile got brighter.

 

--

 

They drove for 4 hours, the clock showed 6am and the sun already started to come up. It was a slightly cold light but it still calmed Taehyung down.

They sat in a barely empty café. An old couple shared a cake and two girls with smeared lipstick nearly fell asleep over their coffee. The waitress had already taken their order and stood now behind the counter, waiting for the cook to finish Taehyungs waffles with extra whipped cream and Yoongis pancakes. The coffee stood already steaming under their noses as they looked out of the window.

You could watch the sea from there, only a street between them. The water glistered in the sun; there were not many people on the beach, from time to time walked some by but they didn’t stay.

A hint of a smile was on Taehyungs lips. It was too long since Yoongi took him to Busan, too long since he seen the sea and how the sun played with the water. The last and first time was one year ago as he had a terribly fight with his parents and since then was he homesick for this place.

Taehyung and Yoongi came originally from Daegu. There were no beaches and Taehyung never seen one until Yoongi took him to Busan.

Taehyung moved to Seoul when he was five. His parents wanted to open up a company there, wanted to make money and give their son a bright future. Little did they know that Taehyung wanted a completely different life. His accent vanished after the first four years just like his bright, box‑shaped smile.

That was until he met Yoongi at the age of seventeen. The older boy with the pale skin and the back than pitch black hair opened a totally new world for him. He brought happiness and love, late night drives without destination and instant ramen in his small apartment, heated nights in the backseat of his old car and morning cuddles in his way too hard bed. And that was everything Taehyung wanted.

The waitress brought their order a few minutes later with a fake smile plastered on her face and a too high ‘enjoy your meal’.

With shining eyes looked Taehyung at the mountain of whipped cream which hided most of the waffles. Yoongi laughed as Taehyung finished half of his waffles in less than five minutes.

“Why are you laughing?” Taehyung looked confused.

Yoongi just shook his head and wiped with his thumb the cream from Taehyungs nose.

 

--

 

They spent the rest of the day on the beach. Taehyung was already in the water without T-shirt and only in boxers, yelling at Yoongi to join him. The older boy accompanied him after five minutes of complaining and screaming from Taehyungs side.

People already started watching was Yoongis excuse as he stood next to Taehyung in the freezing water.

They stayed in it for more than three hours; Taehyung already scared a little girl while he tackled Yoongi into the water, dunking the both of them under the water. The younger boy just laughed.

 

--

 

The sun started to set, dipping the sand in orange and warmed it one last time. Taehyung sat next to Yoongi, leaning against his side and played with the sand while watching the sea.  Yoongi hummed something, probably a variation of one of his rock songs, and played absently with Taehyungs fingers which were still a little bit wrinkled

“I don’t want to go back” whispered Taehyung after Yoongi stopped humming.

“We have to. Your parents are surely worried”

“I don’t care”

A low chuckle was to hear, “We’ll come back one day”

“That’s what you said last time. That was nearly a year ago”

“But the waiting was worth it, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, I missed the waffles, my mother won’t let me eat them” he thought back to the first time he ate them. Yoongi ordered them for him, asked the waitress for extra whipped cream and some fruits. It was just an ordinary meal, but through Yoongi it became special. He watched the younger eat the whole thing in less than ten minutes; his eyes were still red and puffy while Yoongi draw circles against his hands. It was Taehyungs favourite memory.

“We should go, it’s past 9pm”

“No, just a little bit longer”

So they stayed longer.

They stayed until it was dark, 10pm or 11pm. Neither of them really cared when they walked along the beach, letting their feet sink into the damp and cold sand. Yoongi interlaced their fingers, walked close to Taehyung who watched the sea. He already missed it and they didn’t even left.

After some silent minutes they started to dance over the sand to the sound of the waves. Yoongi swirled both of them around, pressed Taehyung closer to himself until his foot suddenly stuck in the sand. The older boy stumbled, fell against Taehyung and tackled them both into the water.

Taehyung started to laugh again as Yoongi yanked them both out of their clothes and laid them over his car, at least he tried to dry them. But the clothes were still damp after one hour.

Cursing put Yoongi his boxers on, gestured Taehyung to do the same and sit into the car only for them to end up half- at 2am in a laundromat. He had given Taehyung his flannel shirt which was the only thing that stayed dry.

The building was empty, much to Yoongis relief; the sound of the washing machine was the only sound to hear while they sat onto machine number 12 waiting for their clothes to finish. Their hands still interlaced, bare feet brushed against each other as Taehyung spoke up “I’m thinking about dying my hair”

Yoongi hummed, “What stops you?”

Taehyung stayed silent as Yoongi looked up at him, studying the dark brown hair and watching how the younger boys eyes got glazed.

“You know what? We grab some hair dye while driving home”

Taehyungs eyes lit up “Really?”

“Yeah, and then I’m going to dye your hair…” he stopped, running his hands through the youngers hair, “pink”.

“Yah, never Hyung” laughed he and hit Yoongis hand away.

 

 

It took them exactly two more hours in the laundromat, because Yoongi may or may not have accidently broke one of the machines, plus four more from Busan to Yoongis apartment in Seoul.

Taehyungs mobile phone had more than thirty missed calls and messages when they fall totally spent and still dirty from the sea onto the hard bed in the small, messy apartment the boy called home.

It was 5pm when Yoongi gently washed out the hair dye in Taehyungs hair and dry them.

It was 7pm when Yoongi drove Taehyung back to his parents’ house and kissed the boy with the box‑shaped smile, Yoongis old worn out ‘The rolling Stones’ T-shirt and now newly dyed pink hair goodbye.