Safe

Chanyeol X You Oneshot

(For this oneshot, your name is Bond. James Bond. Bl JK, it's Lee Maejin. ^^)

"MOVE!! START RUNNING KWANGSOO HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!" You scream at the TV.

"He can't hear you, you know." Your best friend, Park Chanyeol points out.

It was another Saturday night and you were staying over at his house. His parents were out, and you were having a Running Man marathon. You loved Running Man ever since you first laid your eyes on the show, and have watched all the episodes fifteen times.

Chanyeol, however, hates it. You can't understand why, but he hates it. He likes watching men and women suffer on Real Man instead.

In fact, whenever you come over to his house or him to yours, you play rock-paper-scissors to decide on who gets to watch what they want. Tonight just happened to be your lucky night. 

Chanyeol and you have been friends ever since the beginning of time, and you both always hang out together. Occasionally you get teased and called his girlfriend, but back then, you didn't care.

Until now.

He still sits behind you in every class you have together, and hangs out with you. Nothing's changed, but maybe, just maybe, your heart has.

His voice suddenly made your heart beat faster. Being around him, although you never admitted it, made you nervous. You weren't sure what this was supposed to be.

"AAAAAAh!" A scream rang out through the entire living room. Jongkook had striked again.

"Hey, can we just watch something else? I'm getting bored here." Chanyeol muttered.

"Like what?" You ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, nevermind. Why don't we sleep instead?" He suggested.

"It isn't even 10 yet, Chan! Come on, just until this episode ends? I'll watch that show whatsitcalled with you. Come on, pleaaase?" You pouted.

"Arasseo! I'll watch it!" He cried, giving up. You two watched the ending where Jaesuk solely rescued his teammates and was named the hero. You cheered and clapped, although you had watched this several times before.

"Let's watch Real Man!" Chanyeol suddenly became excited. You pretend to yawn.

"YAH!"

"What? I'm sleepy!" You groan, teasing him. He pinches your cheeks, something you hate more than anything in this whole wide universe.

"Too bad we're watching Real Man!" The show started and before you reach halfway through the episode, you start feeling sleeping. Really sleepy. You feel your eyes closing slowly.

"Hey, I'm gonna get myself a glass of water, okay?" You mumble, and he nods. You lazily get up from the couch and head for the kitchen, which, in your eyes, is 5 miles away.

You finally reach it, sighing. You grab a glass and open the refrigerator, when-

*FIZZ*

All of a sudden, all the lights went out. You couldn't hear that annoying commander's voice anymore. You blink. Several times. You open you eyes to pitch black darkness. Scared, you stumble backwards. The glass falls from your hands, and it hits the floor with a loud smash.

You suddenly can't understand what's going on, as you slowly start to lose conciousness.

"MAEJIN-AH!"

You suddenly hear his voice, and snap back into conciousness. You feel warm. Snuggly, almost. That's when it hit you. You hadn't fell. He caught you in his arms. 

"Ch-Chan?" You mumble, your voice almost a whisper.

"You're okay. Nothing happened." He says.

Suddenly, you start crying. You feel too scared. 

"I thought I was go-" He raises his index finger and places it on your lips.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here now." He pulls you into a big hug. You're still crying, as he hugs you tighter.

He suddenly lifts you up, bridal style, and walks out of the kitchen. To where, you have no idea. You put your arms around his neck. You wonder how he doesn't feel one bit scared of the dark.

He lays you down on his bed, and puts the covers over you. Slowly, he crawls in next to you. He used to do this when you two were kids too. He hugs you again, pulling you closer to him. You can smell the cologne he loves to use.

You feel safe in his arms. Like nobody can hurt you.

"You know, you should learn to not cry when it gets dark again. It's been so many years. I won't be always with you, will I?" You hear him say. The last words make you stiffen.

"We promised to be bestfriends forever, remember?" You say.

"Bestfriends, eh?"

"Remember? We even promised to be each other's bridesmaid for our weddings. You said you'll wear a dress. We even promised to congratulate who ever got into a relationship the soonest with a pie in the face." You laugh.

"Have you got someone? Someone, that you like?" He suddenly asks.

You know in your heart that you do, but decided to ignore it, thinking he'll say it's silly.

"No, why?"

Silence follows. It's even more quiet now, and you can hear the sound of his gentle heartbeat. It gets faster, out of the blue, making you wonder what he's thinking about.

"Actually....I..." He hesitates. You wait for him to finish his sentence.

"I do." He says finally.

He has someone that he likes?

You suddenly feel a pang of sadness in your heart. You mentally scold yourself for ever liking him in the first place. And now that you think about it, he shouldn't be hugging you either.

"I might get her to say yes to be my girlfriend soon." He trails off.

"Really?" Your voice is very quiet.

"Yeah. She's absolutely amazing. She's the best woman I've ever seen in my entire life. I think she's really pretty, too. You would agree with me, she's gorg. It took me a while, but I know that I adore her. I love her. More than anyone and anything."

You suddenly feel very teary eyed. You gently push him a bit further away from you, breaking the hug. You didn't want him to see you cry. You'd rather cry in the dark.

 "Maejin, what ar-" you cut him off, mumbling something.

"Congratulations." You say through muffled tears.

The lights suddenly came back on. You got up in a split second, and headed for the door, hoping he hadn't seen your tears. 

"Chan-ah, I'm going home okay? I suddenly remember that I have homework to do." You wipe your tears with the sleeve of your sweater. Your voice sounds a bit croaky but you say it with a loud voice, thinking that he's still upstairs.

You're about to go when two arms wrap around your waist. You stand there, frozen, as Chanyeol whispers in your ear.

"Don't you want to know her name?" 

You've had enough of this. "Maybe tomorrow." You say, and try to break free, but he holds on to you, making sure that you can't escape.

"But I won't get a girlfriend then." He whines. You turn your head to look at him, confused. He laughs, and guides you to the huge glass wall until you are standing infront of it. And he still hasn't let you go.

"Look." He says.

You look outside, and see nothing but the clear, moonless, night sky. That is, until the fireworks exploded. You can't believe your eyes as words begin to form.

Maejin-ah, will you be my girlfriend?

 

For a moment, you think that it's all a dream. But, you can still feel his arms. You still smell the stronge scent of cologne. You can still feel the warmth.

"Will you?" He asks, biting his bttom lip, nervous.

You suddenly start crying again.

Cry, cry, cry, why am I such a crybaby?

"Yes. Yes, I will." You say, smiling through your tears.

"REALLY?!?" He suddenly cries.

"Y-yes, really." You repeat the word over and over in your head, even after you've said it to him again.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

He suddenly turns you towards him and lifts you up. You both laugh like crazy as he spins you around and around in his arms. He stops, and stares at ylur for a moment. Your feet haven't hit the ground yet.

He brings you closer and closer, until your face almost touches his. Smiling, he presses his warm lips against your. It's a soft, passionate and gentle kiss, one that you'll never forget.

He finally brings you down.

"Did you really mean that back there?" You ask.

"What?"

"About you loving me more than anyone and anything?"

"Of course it was," he says. You smile.

"Except for Real Man." 

"YA!"

You look up to find him grinning slyly at you. You punch his arm playfully.

"Just kidding. I really love you Lee Maejin."

He pulls you into a hug once more. You hug him back, feeling safe in his arms. Like no one can hurt you. No matter what happens.

"I love you too, Park Chanyeol."

♥○♥○♥♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥○♥

There you go! A Chanyeol oneshot! Comment below whether you liked it or not. =3 Also, should I keep posting oneshots? On a side note, something funny happened while I was writing this. When I got to the part about the blackout, a blackout occured in my house as well! D= (Sorry, Chanyeol. I underestimated you.) Have a nice day lol~ ^^