2/2

I Like You

A/N: So I have the hardest time writing endings, so uhm yea....Hopefully you guys like it!

“I like you.” Sungyeol’s heart palpitated like crazy. His hands were clammy and he was very nervous.

 

“I’m sorry,” Myungsoo replied, “but I have someone I like.” He bowed and apologized again with even more sincerity than the first.

 

The girl started crying, but in the end left. Myungsoo sighed and left the roof after. Sungyeol let out a breath after not noticing that he held his breath. He went up to the roof earlier to try to get rid of nerves, but then he heard some steps come up. He instinctively hid behind a wall. Surprisingly the steps belonged to Myungsoo and a very pretty girl. The girl confessed and Sungyeol was scared he would accept the confession. He didn’t expect the rejection would hurt more.

 

Myungsoo like somebody and that somebody most likely would not be him. He was a boy and that lessened his chance even more. How could he confess and expect anything from someone who was most likely straight. It was then he decided he would keep his feelings to himself and let it be hidden. He cried and decided to go the nurse’s office, so he can get sent home sick.

 

The rest of the second semester of his third year passed sickenly slow. Sungyeol thought his feelings would eventually go away, but unfortunately it did not. He actually fell more for the other boy and he hated it.

 

“I like you.” Krystal said with confidence. She was the most beautiful girl on campus and most students believed that she and Myungsoo would make the perfect couple. There was some rumours that they were already dating.

 

“i’m sorry,” Myungsoo replied, “but I have someone I like.” Kyrstal stared at him with confusement. She had thought it was her, he liked. Everytime a girl would confess to Myungsoo, he would always reply with the same answer that he had someone he had liked, but no one ever knew who it was. Some people thought he was lying just so he could let down the girls gently and others thought it was Krystal. Because who could Myungsoo like, but someone who was beautiful, smart and basically perfect.

 

“I’m sorry, but what,” Krystal asked incredulously.

 

“I’m sorry.” Myungsoo said again, and then he was slapped. After the slap, Krystal left.  

 

Myungsoo sighed and instead of leaving, he went to the rail, and stared at view. The confession was on the roof again, and Sungyeol, was unfortunately, hiding behind a wall again. How could he have witnessed this again and in the same place? Sungyeol was just taking a breather on the roof to release his pent up feelings. He sighed in frustration and accidently dropped the can of soda he was holding.

 

The noise surprised Myungsoo, “Who’s there? Show yourself.”

 

Sungyeol closed his eyes and sighed. He walked out, and Myungsoo’s eyes widened, “I-I’m sorry,” Sungyeol started, “I didn’t mean to overhear your conversation. i wasn’t spying. I swear. I wanted to leave, but I didn’t really have a way out. I’m sorry again.” He bowed and was about to walk away.

 

“Uhm, it’s okay.” Myungsoo said, “but-uhm”

 

“Oh. I wont tell anyone anything. I saw nothing, I heard nothing,” Sungyeol cutely covered his eyes with his hands and then covered his ears shortly.

 

Myungsoo chuckled and it wasn’t a fake one. Sungyeol would know after observing the said boy for almost a year now, “I’m not bothered or anything. It’s just,” Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol, “It’s just, nothing never mind.”

 

“Why did you reject her?” Sungyeol asked. Sungyeol closed his eyes mentally hitting himself. Why did he ask, why oh why? “I mean Krystal, THE Jung Krystal asked you out?” Sungyeol mentally hit himself again. Why couldn’t he just shut up?

 

Myungsoo was surprised, but smiled anyway, “Because I have someone I like.” He stated simply and Sungyeol wasn’t sure if he overstepped his boundaries.

 

“Oh? So why haven’t you asked her out yet?” Goddamn mouth, shut up Sungyeol. Myungsoo stared at with his head tilted and confusement in his eyes. He blinked a couple of times, “Ah-ah you don’t have to answer” Sungyeol waved his arms frantically, “I-I was just curious.” Sungyeol wanted to just die in a whole.

 

“Because that person doesn’t see me, doesn’t like me.” Myungsoo replied simply.

 

Sungyeol was confused; who wouldn’t like Myungsoo, but he didn’t want to overstep his boundaries anymore than he already has. “Oh” was all he replied.

 

“Why are you up here anyway?” Myungsoo asked.

 

Sungyeol blinked a few times, caught off guard. What was he doing here. Ah he went up here to release out his pent off frustration of not being able to the guy he liked which was Myungsoo, but he obviously couldn’t say that, so he replied with a simple, “I just wanted some fresh air.”

 

Myungsoo nodded and all that was left was silence.

 

“So….are you excited that it’s our last semester here?” Sungyeol started. He wanted to go, but he also wanted to talk to Myungsoo a little more. He wanted to at least have some memory with the boy.

 

Myungsoo replied with a yes and then they both started asking each other questions like what classes are they taking now, what colleges they were thinking of going to and whatever else things related to school. They eventually just talked the whole lunch period not noticing the time until the bell rang. They parted with an awkward goodbye, but Sungyeol left with a smile.

 

The next day, Sungyeol went to the rooftop again leaning on the rail looking at the view relieving yesterday's conversation.

 

“Come here often?” Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol turned around. He was surprised, but he immediately smiled. After that day, they got closer. They became friends that would always meet on the rooftop for lunch. They would talk about anything and everything. During those few months, Sungyeol found out a lot of things about Myungsoo like his favorite color was black, that he loved photography and that he had a baby brother named Moonsoo. He was able to find out a little bit about the girl Myungsoo was in love with. Apparently, he fell in love with her at first sight during the beginning of high school. When he talked about her, he knew that Myungsoo was head over heels for this girl and he was happy for him. It hurt, but he loved seeing the smile that forms on Myungsoo’s face. He enjoyed those days, but graduation was coming up and soon, they would no longer be able to have these moments.

 

“I like you.” Sungyeol said while biting his lip and looking at floor. His heart was beating erratically fast and his hands fisted beside him. “Th-This may seem weird,” he smiled, “since I’m a guy, but I-I just wa-wanted to let you know.”

 

Myungsoo stayed silent, and Sungyeol was still staring at the ground wanting to dig a hole and die, “And uhm,” Sungyeol rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “I’m not expecting anything, but I just. I just wanted to let you know and give you courage to confess to the girl you like. She may not like you which is kind of impossible, but at least you would have been able to tell her…..”

 

Myungsoo continued not to speak, so finally Sungyeol looked up. He was not able to see Myungsoo’s expression because he had enveloped Sungyeol in a tight embrace, his face hidden on Sungyeol’s chest.

Was this his way of reje---”I like you too,” Myungsoo interrupted his thoughts, “I’ve liked you for a long time.”

 

Sungyeol was confused. He was puzzled frozen in Myungsoo’s embrace, “Wh-Wh-what?”

 

Myungsoo carefully pulled out of the tight embrace, but he kept his arms around Sungyeol’s waste and smiled, “I like you too. Will you be mine?”

 

Sungyeol still in a sort of daze, was  not able to speak and so he just nodded. Myungsoo smiled and hugged him again.


The End :)