Uncontrollable

You Are Unbelievable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been more than a week now, yet I'm still not used to sleep on the couch.

Hyukjae had to shift a few times to finally found the most comfortable position, the sofa is soft and wide enough but still, try sleeping on it for a few days and it will take a toll on your body. But Hyukjae can't complain as his misery right now is caused by no other than himself. The thing is, Hyukjae always sleep better in bed -of course- hence he would deep in slumber to notice any squirming done by Donghae, but with his not-so-comfortable sleep on the sofa he would always waken up by the sound of door opening and closing.

He had realized that Donghae frequent to the bathroom even at night now, almost twice every night and some days just once. Still it's obvious enough for Hyukjae to notice it, because the younger rarely wake up at night to pee before, so it must be due to the pregnancy. And Hyukjae knew that any day now Donghae would come for him because the younger is that clingy and demanding for skinship.

Well, maybe tonight, Hyukjae thought when he felt a dip on the corner of the couch. 

A heavy weight fall on him warmly when the younger lay above him, embracing him silently yet speaks loud of feelings.

"Can't sleep?"

"hm-mm," Donghae hummed while shaking his head on the crook of Hyukjae's neck.

"Did you just came back from taking a pee? I noticed you've been frequently doing it at night."

"Hmm, yeah..."

"It must be the pregnancy, right?"

"I guess... They said it due to -again- hormones, I read it from some forum or so..."

"Are you okay?" Hyukjae asked as he turned to face the younger because he had sensed bits of insecurity in Donghae's voice.

"Uh..." tone uncertain.

"Hae," the older demanded.

"...I'm spotting."

"Spotting...?" Hyukjae frowned not familiar with the term

"Uh, like... There's spots of blood on my pants...?"

Hyukjae's eyes widened and about to say something in horror.

"No," Donghae said hurriedly before an outburst of fear, "they said it's common in the first trimester... I guess."

Hyukjae gulped in effort to calm himself down, "are you sure? Are you feeling fine? No pain or anything-"

"I'm fine Hyuk, I'm feeling fine..." he peck on the blonde hair, "nothing alarming or the sort."

"But... Should we go to a doctor?"

"If that could ease you down, okay."

"Let's-"

"Lee Hyukjae, it's three in the morning, let's go later okay?" he's brushing the blonde strands gently with his fingers, "come on now, everything is fine."

They remained silent after that, Hyukjae couldn't totally erase the swirling fear in his heart but decided not to say anything as Donghae keep his head and back to ease him. It's kind of weird though, he's not the one who is pregnant yet he's the one feeling worried all the time. After a while he felt the younger's weight more and the slowing down, indicating Donghae drifting off to the dreamland. 

"Hae, go back to bed or you will have cramps in the following morning," the older whispered patting Donghae's back.

"Hm..." he's shifting to kiss the sharp jaw, "come back with me."

"Oh? Have you lifted the punishment?" Hyukjae smirked. 

"Accompany me to go shopping today and I'll forgive you," he said slurry.

Hyukjae chuckled because honestly he know the younger can no longer sleep alone, he need to stick to Hyukjae as he easily feels lonely.

"You want to go shopping? Okay, but after that we go to doctor okay?"

"Okay," Donghae smiled after kissing Hyukjae's plump lips.

"Come on let's get back to bed", Hyukjae said gleefully. 

"Who said you can?" the younger frowned. 

"But you said..."

"I should be the one to say it."

Confusion made a way to the older, not understanding what Donghae is saying. 

"Come on, let's go to bed," the younger grinned. 

"Ah..." Hyukjae nodded while giggling when Donghae is pulling his wrist.

 

--

 

"Have you bring your wallet? Handkerchief? Don't forget your-."

"Hae, chill, I've bring everything and we're only going to shopping not going abroad."

"Okay," surprisingly Donghae is not retorting like he used to, these few days he's been kind of docile. Maybe he missed his husband much for not sleeping with him.

"Are you okay though? Is the nausea already cease down? Do you need more tea? Should we wait for a little longer-."

"Hyuk, I'm fine. You saw it yourself I've already thrown up my share for the day, that much I'll be fine enough for the rest of the day."

"But sometimes you're feeling nausea again in the afternoon, maybe-."

"Hyuk, trust me...?" Donghae sighed. 

Hyukjae shut his mouth but didn't stop worrying, stood unmoving for a minute before eventually he walk to the kitchen, "I'll bring a plastic bag and mint candies just in case."

As much as Donghae rolled his eyes at his husband's overprotectiveness, he felt a surging happiness and adoration too to the point he wants to cry. Maybe today is one of those mellow days for the younger. 

Damn these hormones reduce me to a sappy lovesick teenage boy, curses him in his heart.

"Let's go...?" Hyukjae asked uncertain when he saw the weird expression Donghae is wearing. 

"Let's," the younger hurriedly dragged the older out to avoid those 'are you alright', 'are you okay', 'are you sure', 'are you feeling fine' repeated like a broken radio.

Seriously, Hyukjae is worrying too much and Donghae is exceptionally moody.

What a pair.

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter