Kyungsoo - Advice From My Senior

Be Careful What You Wish For

A/N: I don't know how it turned out like this. It contains just a few swear words here and there, mentions of cigarettes and smoking, quite a bit of fluff (I think?).

 

Profile:

Name: Do Kyungsoo.

Stage Name: D.O. .

Date of Birth: January 12, 1993.

Strong Points: Cute smile; soft voice; he likes cooking.

Weak Points: He is evil (like on the spawn of Satan’s level); he is too quiet.

 

           This time, when her eyes opened, she definitely didn’t expect to be welcomed by such a sight. In between her fingers, a cigarette was burning, smoke caressing her skin, leaving the unwanted smell on it. The window to her room was wide open and half of her body was hanging on the outside, the only light that was playing on her face being the one from the stars.

           Katherine heard rustling behind the door and some unknown voices. She listened carefully and could barely make out her mother’s soft spoken words “She’s upstairs. Why don’t you go hang out with her while we go on with our poker night?”. Her brows furrowed in confusion, since her mom didn’t have that many friends and didn’t even know how to use a computer accurately, what more to say about her having an evening reserved for playing poker.

           She was pulled out of her thoughts a bit too late, only then realizing that she was still holding the sickening thing that was almost used up completely to the filter. The knocks on the door were quiet and short, interrupted by the turning of the knob and someone entering her room without as much as waiting for an answer from her.

           The girl frowned and tried to make out the person’s face, through the darkness. “Hey, I didn’t know you were busy. Your mother sent me here.” a deep voice tickled her eardrums as the man took a few steps forward. “You didn’t even ask and just came in. You couldn’t have known.” she replied bitterly, surprising even herself. “Oh… Sorry.” he told her and the girl couldn’t help but find his tone extremely familiar “Are you a full time…smoker?”. She gasped and quickly threw the extinguished cigarette out the window.

           “N-No. I actually don-don’t…” Katherine stuttered, her eyes falling down on the open pack of Dunhill. “.” she thought and looked up back at the guy in front of her. “It’s alright. I’m not gonna tell on you.” he chuckled and moved even closer to the girl. “But where are my manners…” he started (and she almost glared thinking - “You didn’t even wait for a response before coming into a girl’s room… Tch!”). “My name is Do Kyungsoo. I am the son of your mother’s friend, Younghee.” the man continued and took a seat next to her, on the small couch under the open window.

           Her eyes widened, now that she could see his face closely and scan his features. His dark hair was falling over his forehead, almost covering his thick eyebrows. His eyes were big and of a dark color, while his pinkish lips were pursed in a thin line as he stared back at her. “Kyung…soo?” she asked unsurely, feeling her heart beating faster than it should. “Yeah. That’s my name. What about yours?” he replied, a smile now decorating his handsome face.

           “I’m Katherine Hwang.” the girl said and tried to mirror his happy expression. Everything felt so familiar: the look in his eyes, the way his words slowly danced around her own and then his touch that lingered on her skin as if he was scared he’d break her if he pushed further. It made her enjoy the safety that filled her suddenly all the way up, from her toes to her head.

           Kyungsoo moved to stand even nearer to the girl, closing the lid on the pack of cigarettes and hiding them under a pillow, an amused smile on his face. “I guess you don’t remember me then…” he admitted, a tint of disappointment in his voice. Katherine just stared, wondering just what kind of relationship they had in this dream. “Subtlety was never a strong point of yours. Either that or you just don’t care anymore…” the boy continued when all that welcomed him was deafening silence.

           “What… do you mean?” she finally asked, thinking that nothing could go wrong anyway. Kyungsoo raised his head and looked into her eyes, gently lifting his hand to caress her cheek “You know… I missed you so much while you were in the States. I thought I’d never see you again.”. The girl gasped and carefully touched his hand with her fingers, enjoying the warmness that suddenly hit her insides. She felt like she could trust him, like she’d known him her whole life and nothing could go wrong around him.

           “You’ve always been such a little rebel. I kind of like it.” Kyungsoo spoke softly, closing the distance between them at such a painful, slow pace. She waited for a kiss that never came, their lips being just a breath away from each other. A loud *click* interrupted them, more confusion rising deep within her.

           “Cut! That was very good! Your idea was perfect, Katherine-ssi!” a man with a booming voice told her, coming out of the closet, followed by two others, one of them holding a camera in his hand. Kyungsoo backed away and she swore she’d seen a tint of red on his cheeks, before he covered them with his hands.

           The lights were and the girl blinked rapidly, trying to adjust to the sudden change. Three women rushed to her side, one already placing powder on her face and coloring her lips in pink. “Kyungsoo-ah, when you had recommended her to me I never thought she’d be this good!” the director spoke again, patting the said boy gently on his shoulder. He smiled shyly at the older man, then turned to look back at Katherine “Neither did I.”.

           “Uh… Uh… Can I… uh… take a small break?” she asked, chewing on her lip nervously. The director grinned and nodded cheerfully, seeming more than pleased with her performance from earlier on. The girl left the room, not really aware of the place she was heading to, the image of Kyungsoo eyeing her suspiciously still in her head. Luckily enough, she found the bathroom and went inside, supporting herself as her hands gripped tightly the margins of the sink, knuckles almost turning white “.”.

           What was she going to do? The situation with Baekhyun was a thing, but this was on a whole another level of difficulty. She had no idea how to act or what this whole thing was about. It was so scary that she could barely breathe through the flood of emotions.

           She lifted her head and stared at her reflection in the mirror, finding herself prettier than ever with a natural make-up covering her face like a mask and hair falling in loose curls over her shoulders. “Wow.” the girl gasped as her hand touched slowly the fabric of the dress she was wearing, that stopped just a little above her knees. Her outfit was completed by a pair of sandals that felt really comfortable. It was quite the opposite to her seemingly rebellious image in the thing she was filming for.

           The girl was pulled away from her thoughts by a few soft knocks on the door. This time, no one came in and the person seemed to be waiting for any kind of response from inside. When she said nothing, the man spoke carefully “Katherine… Are you alright?”. She bit her lip, but still opened the door, allowing Kyungsoo to come in.

           A shaky breath left as she looked up at him, nervousness clear on her features. He chuckled softly and grabbed her hand, entwining their fingers “Hey, listen to me. You did just fine. We just need to film one more scene and you’re done.”. Katherine blinked a few times, this time her eyes fixed on their hands and when the boy noticed that, he quickly let go, turning around to hide his red face “Sorry.”.

           “Kyungsoo-ssi… I’m just really… confused.” she spoke, almost in a quiet whisper and the other almost didn’t catch what she had said. “Huh? Is this about the script?” he asked and eyed her curiously. “N-No. I-I-I don’t know what I’m doing here. W-What am I? What’s going on?” Katherine kept pushing, shaking her head slightly. The boy’s eyebrows furrowed, finally finding his courage as he placed a finger under her chin to lift it up, until her eyes met his.

           “Hmm. You don’t seem drunk. Was it something in those cigarettes? I told you, you don’t have to smoke one if you don’t want to.” he began, his lips, before almost burying his face in the crook of her neck and she heard him sniffing a few times. When he pulled away, he looked at her in amusement, but a tint of pink was still coloring his cheeks “Your strong perfume might have gotten to your head.”.

           Katherine pouted and playfully slapped his hand away, after that glaring at him only for a bit. “I’m serious.” she continued and her eyes almost seemed to beg him for some understanding. Kyungsoo frowned, before sighing deeply “I really have no idea what you’re talking about if you’re being serious.”. The girl spoke again, this time fully determined to find out what was going on “Just answer my questions, please, without any more additions.”.

           When the boy nodded, she took it as a sign to go on with what she was saying “Who are you? What is our relationship? What am I? What are we filming for?”. He raised an eyebrow, but didn’t try to pry further into her weirdness, just choosing to answer he questions “I’m Do Kyungsoo, an actor and an idol, under SME. I debuted as a solo singer three years ago. We are just colleagues and in the same company too, although I hope we can become more than that. Your name is Katherine Hwang and you’re younger than me. You’re still a trainee who is going to debut in a group called EXO, with five other girls around your age. We needed a replacement for my web-drama, so I recommended you, before the management could say anything more. Satisfied?”.

           Katherine gasped loudly, blushing and shivering a little at the same time, feeling maybe just a little bit happy with her background in this dream and hoping that this could last maybe just a bit longer than the other. And then his words hit her like stones, realization drowning her heart as she tried to make a connection between her dreams, reality and her imagination.

           EXO didn’t exist in neither worlds as a whole. In the other, no one seemed to recognize Baekhyun as a star, even though that was quite a popular club they were in. Here, she was the one that was going to be a part of the group, Kyungsoo being a solo artist. Well, the company was the same, but what about the other stuff? Both seemed to have a thing for her. Baekhyun didn’t care that she wasn’t his girlfriend and still had with her, while Kyungsoo sort of confessed and looked like he was waiting either for a reply from her or for the girl to process his words.

           Either way, she felt happy and complete with each and every single one of the two, taking her erratic heartbeats as a sign, not caring whether it was the joy of finally coming face to face with her idols or the spark of love.

           “Kyungsoo-ssi, thank you.” the girl finally replied, smiling brightly and for the first time in her life (dream) taking the initiative. Katherine closed the distance between them, hands on his shoulders as she struggled to lift herself higher on her toes, lips just brushing slightly against his in a chaste kiss, that didn’t last any longer than a few seconds. The boy cupped her cheek, mirroring the expression on her face and leaned down to capture her lips again, this time only parting when they were both out of breath.

           “This is way too nice. Only if reality was the same. Now I can dare to dream once again.” Katherine continued, but before she could say anything more, her vision got blurry and she sank to the floor. The only things she could hear were Kyungsoo’s cries (something along "No!" and "You shouldn't have said that!"), that got further and further away, until there was nothing but silence surrounding her.

 

 

Profile (rewrite):

Name: Do Kyungsoo.

Stage Name: D.O. .

Date of Birth: January 12, 1993.

Strong Points: Cute smile (quite cute in general, actually); soft voice; he likes cooking; he’s kind and well-mannered (apparently);  he’s innocent; he’s bold; he’s protective of what he cares about.

Weak Points: He is evil (like on the spawn of Satan’s level); he is too quiet; his acting is way too good; he is too shy.