Was It Magic?

Be Careful What You Wish For

A/N: It contains swear words (not too many). Also, the next chapter will be posted in a few hours. I just need to... sleep before finishing it. 

 

           When she woke up, she quickly scanned her surroundings, only to notice that she wasn’t inside a club anymore. She got up and lifted a finger to her lips, brushing over them slightly and still tasting the alcohol. How could that even be possible?

           The house was silent and it seemed like it had already fallen dark outside. Her head turned to look at the clock on the nightstand, gasping as she noticed the hour: 01:39. She slept that much and her mother didn’t even realize? It had been already over 6 hours since she had locked herself in her room.

           Katherine left her bed, feeling a bit dizzy and unstable on her own feet. She the light and watched as her body got closer to the mirror next to her closet. “What the-?!” she exclaimed, tracing the outlines of the hickeys she had all over her neck. The girl threw the shirt over her head and turned around, heart starting to beat faster when the huge bite mark on her shoulder came into view, as well as a few small others on her back. “.” she cursed, chewing on her lower lip nervously.

           She put the shirt back on as fast as she could, refusing to relive that dream, while blush was decorating her cheeks. She had been so sad over the fact that she had finally found out the reason of her parents’ divorce that she didn’t think she’d have such a situation in her imagination. If someone had asked her what she thought she was going to dream about, she would have said a nightmare was waiting for her, mirroring her real life, not a ual moment she hadn’t even experienced in reality.

           And then she remembered her wish. It must’ve been that, because she wasn’t able to find any other logical explanation. She had wanted so badly to be somewhere else, in place that could make her forget about everything she was going through, that it actually happened.

           Was it a miracle? Was it magic? She didn’t know, but she had to admit it: she’d gladly accept it if it came to her once again. Well…maybe not the part where it translated to her physical form too, but still. It felt so good. It felt so real. She felt wanted. She felt so loved like she hadn’t in a long, long time. She was thankful. Trully.

           And that was the reason that made her wait excitedly for the following night, ignoring her mom’s nagging about how she didn’t answer any of her words the other day and refused to open the door. Katherine didn’t care anymore. She decided she didn’t want to get involved in her parents’ problems at all. From her point of view, it was their own to solve and it’s not like she had any say in the matter either.

           So all that was left to do was what a child has to do when mom and dad are busy: play... or in her case, dream.