Despair at First Sight

We are Dating...?

 

 

 

Jinyoung’s POV

 

 

  ~A little while ago~

 


“Thanks bro,” Baro said as he patted my back.”I couldn’t have escaped that woman if it wasn’t for you.” “, you owe me big time.” I replied. As I took a shot of a glass of cold water, my eyes landed on his phone. I quickly grabbed it. As I unlocked the phone, I quickly searched for his photos of his just-recently-ex-girlfriend.”, 야, 야, 뭐해?” He asked annoyingly as I scroll through the pictures of his girl. “What’s her name again?” I asked. “Ah-young. Kim Ah-young.”  “She’s got an average height for a girl- not short and not that tall.” I blurted out as I continue to look at her picture. “Hmm… long black hair, pale-white skin, and she’s pretty cute, huh. Why break up with her then?” I asked as if I felt regretful of what he did. “Nah, there are way more pretty girls than her.”

[야 - yah = hey]

[뭐해?(mwohae?) = what are you doing?]

 

Baro has been my best friend since we were in high school. Even in college, despite the fact that I took a medicinal course and ended up being a doctor and him taking business management for preparation for him being the next CEO in a couple of years. I can say that he’s been with a lot of women; even in the past- usually his relationships only last for months, so I was kind of surprised when he dated this girl. I thought that, ‘Is she the one he’s been looking for?” But after what happened last night, I guess she’s just another girl added to his collection.

                                               

“Besides, she’s not that fun to be with. She just follows whatever you want and just depend on your decision. I like girls who are wild. You know what I mean.” He chuckled. “You’re such a crazy guy, you know that? I don’t even know why I became your best friend!” I laughed so hard at what I said. “Whatever, man. You know, let’s not talk about her, it just ruins my day. I’ll just treat you breakfast today. Call?” He asked. “As if I can refuse to it.” I smiled as we both went out of his condominium.  

 

 

 

---

 

 

As we arrived in the café, Baro went to the counter to take an order. I took out my phone and called my secretary.

 

“Good Morning Dr. Park,” She greeted me with a cheerful voice. “What are my appointments for today?” I asked, as I pretended to draw circles on the table with my finger. I can hear her scanning her notebook, to see my appointments today.“Sir, you have an appointment with Ms. Kim at 1 PM and on 3 PM Mrs. Han will be here for her face lift procedure.” “Okay, thank you. I’ll just call you later if I’m on my way there-“ “And, oh, sir, you also have a meeting with Ms. Hee-yeon at 7 in the evening.” She quickly added after I spoke. “What? Did I already tell you that I’m not free this evening?” I was annoyed. “But sir, she said that she is the reason why you’re not free tonight.”

 

What? Ugh… that girl.

 

“O-okay, okay, got it. Thanks.” I quickly ended the call in frustration. I released a deep sigh as I palmed my cheeks, letting my elbows rest on the table. Suddenly, someone called my name in whispering way, almost inaudible. “Hey, Jinyoung!”  I looked around and saw that it was Baro. He looked terrified. I mouthed ‘why’ at him, together with my annoyed expression. He carefully pointed to someone, not even stretching his arm out.  I glanced at the direction he pointed and saw that it was his ex-girlfriend, together with some other guy. The guy seemed to be going to the restroom, leaving the girl alone.

 

 

 I already knew what he wanted. I quickly stood up and went towards Baro. I covered him and replaced him in the line of customers. Good thing we were now the next one to order. But dang, it feels like hours passed from waiting for my turn. On the other hand, Baro was crouching, still hiding from my side. He took out his wallet and handed me his credit card. “J-just, order what you want!” He said, still whispering. I nodded, forming a playful smirk on my lips. As I got his credit card, the person in front of me just finished taking his order. “Good morning sir, what would you like to order?” The employee greeted me. “Uhm… I would like to have some…“ I suddenly glanced to my right, and saw the girl again. As our eyes met, it was obvious that she was looking at me earlier.

 

Oh, damn.

 

I quickly looked away, pretending I didn’t saw her. I turned to the cashier and gave her a fake smile. “I’d like to have some caramel macchiato and some…” Suddenly I saw sensed walking towards me. I looked at Baro and gestured him to hide at the side of the counter. “…chocolate mousse. I-it’s for t-take out…” I handed to her Baro’s credit card. Please make it faster… please…please-

 

“Are you Baro’s friend?”

 

My whole body jerked as someone poked my right arm.

 

I quickly looked at her and said, “U-uh, n-no… I-I don’t know him..” I reasoned out, trying to look innocent even though my voice was shaking. “Hey, stop lying. You were the one in the picture Baro posted last night!” Her voice overruled the whole café. Her face was getting red now. “H-hey, m-miss, let’s not make a commotion here... If you want, let’s just talk outside,” I gave her a faint smile, as I took the paper bag, together with the credit card. She noticed it and her eyes widened at the credit card. I quickly hid it inside my pocket.

, is that his credit card? Why do you have his credit card? Is he here? Where is he!?” Her voice sounded louder this time.

 

[야 - yah = hey]

 

What do I do, what do I do, what do I do?

 

Why am I even thinking of this?

 

I don’t even need to worry about this!

 

But- I can’t just let my friend be blabbered by this woman.

 

Without hesitation, I grabbed her wrist and dragged her outside of the café. She was screaming and asking what am I doing to her as we neared to the exit.

 

Damn you, Baro.

 

You really owe me now big time.

 

 

---

 

 

야, 뭐해!!” She removed her wrist from my grip and quickly fixed her hair. We were now outside of the café.

 

[야, 뭐해!! (yah, mwohae!!) = Hey, what are you doing!!]

 

“Hey, miss, if there’s something I can do for you right now I could’ve done it, but I can’t.” I blurted out. “You can just tell me where Baro is right now so that we’ll not have any problems.” She rolled her eyes. ”But I don’t know where he is so don’t ask me!” I replied. “Besides, he doesn’t want to see you anymore. He broke up with you right? Breaking up is ending connection between the two of you.” I added. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go back.” I was about to head back when I heard her sniffed. I turned around and saw that she was already crying.” I went back to her and held both of her shoulders.“H-hey, stop crying. People might misunderstood what’s-“ “P-please, just t-tell me where he is,” I could see the sadness in her eyes. “It’s just that, I d-don’t know why he suddenly broke up with m-me.” I took a step back, looking down, not knowing what to answer.

 

Dang… I’m not good at this.  

 

“Look, if there’s any answer that I can give to you,” As I said those words, she looked at me, not denying the anticipation in her eyes. “it’s because he simply doesn’t like you anymore. That’s it. You probably didn’t know this, but he’s just added you into his list of girls that he had relationship with. “ She looked down as she heard it. “I-I’m sorry if that’s the only answer I can give to you. I-I have to go now.” I was trying to get out of the awkward zone as much as possible. I started walking back to the café. I looked at the windows and saw that Baro was in the second floor of the café. Suddenly, a hand tugged my shirt.

 

Ugh, what is it this time?

 

I turned around again, completely hiding my annoyed expression. She was still looking down, but now her fists were clenched- they almost looked like she was about to punch me or something.

 

“Hey…” She said in a frail tone. “Once you go meet with your friend, can you please deliver this to him?”

 

“Hm, okay, sure. What is it- ARGGGH!” I screamed in pain as she kicked my crotch.

 

 

------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. XD 

oh my. another chapter guys! Thank you so much for the ones

subscribed to my story. It really means a lot. I'll take a short break first and

maybe I'll be having an update after a couple of days? Haha. Again, thank you

so much and as always, please comment your thoughts down below,iIt really helps me.

Also, vote if you liked my story, and subscribe so you'll not miss my next update! 

Again, thanks and I hope you liked this chapter!

------------------------------------