Phone Call

We are Dating...?

 

(Note: There will be some korean phrases here but don't worry there'll be translations. haha.)

 

 

 

Ah-young’s POV

 

와 주셔서 감사합니다! 또 오십시오!” I said to the last customer as he left. As soon as he was gone,  I stretched my arms out and yawned. It was already ten in the evening and I’m already sleepy, so I decided to call it a day for now. I started collecting the plates and glasses from the tables and called out my older brother, Jaebum, to wash them.

(와 주셔서 감사합니다! 또 오십시오! [wa jusyeoseo kamsahamnida! ddo osipsio!] = Thank you for coming! Please come again!)

 

"아이씨… you should be the one doing this.” He mumbled. “ㅁ-!? , you didn’t even worked in the kitchen that much! You should do them.” I scowled at him. “아, 아, 아, 아라서, 닥쳐,” he said, annoyed,  as he started heading to the kitchen, carrying the pile of dishes with him while I proceeded to help my co-workers clean the tables. As soon as all the work was finished, the owner of the café already dismissed us.

“수고했어요, 여러분!” said the owner as we all left the café . 

(아이씨 - Aish: used to express frustration)

(뭐? [Mwo?] - What? | 야 [Ya(h)] - Hey!)

(아라서 [araseo] = okay/ I got it/ alright | 닥쳐 [dakchyeo] = Shut up.)

(수고했어요, 여러분! [sugohaesseoyo, yeoreobun!] = You've worked hard everyone!)

 

     --------------------------------------------

                                              

When we got home, I quickly went to my mother’s bedroom to check her.

“She’s already asleep.” I said to Jaebum. “Just put the soup in the fridge and reheat it tomorrow.” He replied as he went to his room. I also decided to go to my room.

 

As I got inside my room, I quickly jumped to my bed. “와, 진짜 피곤해!” I said to myself as I hugged my pillow. As I was lying down in my bed, I remembered something and quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket.

(와, 진짜 피곤해! [Wa, jinjja pigonhae!] = I'm so tired!] 

As I unlocked my phone, I checked the notifications and there was no text or missed call from him. Who am I referring to? My boyfriend- Baro.

 

Baro’s been my boyfriend for one year and three months. We met at the café, when I was taking his order. Since that day, he asked for my number and kept visiting the café because of me. After five months of courting me, I answered him. Then, when he invited me to his house, that’s when I found out that he is a grandson of a president of one of the biggest business companies in Korea. He already told me that I should leave my job because it’s okay if I don’t work and he’s also gonna marry me too, but I insisted and said that I should not be dependent on him, and I also need to work because of my family. We were a great couple back then. We do sweet things just like what would couples do, like date on romantic places, eating ice cream together, he even took me on a cruise with him for an evening dinner. Then now, all of that just changed. A week ago, he suddenly didn’t text nor called me. I tried to call him but he wasn’t answering. I assumed that maybe he was just busy, but it has been a week and he’s still not showing up to me nor even contacting me. Ugh.

 

As I scrolled through my contacts, I found his name and tried to call him once again. After a few rings, he still didn’t pick it up. I was about to text him again when suddenly, my phone rang- it was Baro!

 

A gush of excitement flowed through my body as I saw that he was calling me. I quickly accepted the call.

 

여보세요?” I said in a calm voice, trying not to sound so loud and cheerful.

(여보세요? [Yoboseyo?] = Hello? [Used when in phone call.])

 

He didn’t answered right away. The background was quiet. ‘Seems like he’s in his room’, I said to myself. Then suddenly, he released a sigh.

 

That’s when my excitement was replaced by nervousness and fear.

 

Did something happen?

 

Is he tired?

 

Maybe he just doesn’t know what to say. I’ll just start the conversation then.

 

“Why did you call at this hour? It’s a bit late, you should rest now, you sound tired too. Let’s just talk tomorrow if you’re tir-“

 

“Ahyoung-ah, let’s break up.”

 

As he said those words, I felt my heart just froze for a moment.

 

“M-mwo? Yah, is this one of your jokes again? Don’t try to prank call me again like what you did last time!” I chuckled nervously.

 

“I’m serious, Ah-young. Let’s end this. I’m sorry. I don’t where to start, but it’s just that- let’s be serious, Ah-young. This is going nowhere. I-I’m sorry again-“  I quickly dropped my phone, letting it bounce lightly on my bed.

 

So that’s why.

 

Now I know the reason why he's not showing up.

 

As soon as it all synced into my mind, I broke into tears.

 

Those stupid romantic dates,

 

Those sweet things,

 

his promises,

 

were just nothing?

 

As I thought of those things, I grabbed my pillow and covered my face, trying to muffle my cries and whimpers.

I don’t know what to do right now.

 

Everything just feels so unreal.

 

It’s just that, in an instant?

 

He just threw all of we had with that simple phone call?

 

Have I done something wrong to him?

 

Have !?

 

Because if I have, I don’t know what it is-

 

My thoughts were suddenly stopped when I heard another man’s voice.

 

“So, what did she said?”

 

“Oh man, at first she thought I was joking! I was about to laugh that time. Oh god.”

It was Baro’s voice.

 

I checked my phone and saw that he still didn’t hung up. Maybe he forgot.

But whatever- what the heck are they talking about? Are they talking about me?

I heard someone laugh.

“I already told you, if you don’t like her anymore, you should’ve break up with her earlier.”

 

What?

 

Did he mean-

 

“I can’t, she’s too obsessive about me. You know you have to be careful on those kind of girls.” It was Baro again. Then I heard him laughing so hard.

 

Then suddenly,

 

“Oh, damn I forgot to end the call. SHI- *beep” The call ended.

 

- - 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

WAAAAAAAAAAAH pleasee stab me

I know it's just a short chapter. Just letting you have a taste of what

the story would be. Haha. Well, I hope you liked it, don't forget to comment your thoughts done 

below and thank you for reading this piece of trash!

----------------------------------------------