Chapter 4

Let's Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Let’s Dance: Chapter 4

The next day was Monday, which meant school for most people. Amelia had to finish paper work. They wanted to wait for paper from America to see if she really was in 12th grade, since most people who are 18 years old were in 11th grade. She had skipped a grade when she went back to America due to having learned most of the material, even though her parents wanted her to get held back a year. But the counselors and teachers said that would be waste of time and effort, she was too smart to get held back. In the end, she became star student for the rest of school year, some students hated her, but majority respected her. 

Now she had to go look for school material and new bookbag that wasn’t too catchy or plain. As she and her grandmother walked through  Myungdong shopping district, she halted when she saw a cute pastry shop hidden between shoe stores. She dragged her grandmother into the shop and ordered a black coffee with cornbread and Boba green tea with Mooncake. Her grandma shook her head at the young girl in amument. She hasn’t changed one bit, she still ate sweet stuff like it didn’t hurt her teeth. 

The waitresses smiled at them as she brought their order over to their booth, “Here are your orders, please enjoy.”
“Thank you.” Amelia sweetly smiled at the other girl. She looked around her age, maybe a year or two older. Her Grandma turned to the younger girl as she chewed on her cake.
“Lia-ah, how is your mother?” The older lady asked softly, the said girls face fell  in disappointment.
She let out a sigh, “Same old one, if not worse. She doesn’t even defend herself much. He walkes all over her, and lately, his brothers are also not as  respectful. Its a mess Doshi.”
The older lady reached out and patted her on the back, her face troubled. 
Amelia’s mother was married at young age of 19 to a demanding man. She regret it so much, but its too late now, the damage has been done and her mother has started to act like her father as well. Cold, abusive, indifferent, and dismissive. Amelia felt bad for the rest of her siblings who had to live with her parents. 

They talked about her mother for a while and headed out to shop some more. They found most of the materials in one place, since they are sold in big stores, but the bags they saw were too plain, too childish, too mainstream and etc. They entered a brand store that sold jewelry and bags. Amelia went straight to the bag section as her grandmother stopped to look at the jewelry. Amelia saw a couple good once made in various colors but they were  in Neon colors which attracted too much attention. She double checked the top shelf when she saw a faux  leather bag. She smiled in victory as she reached for the back when a hand pulled it down for her. She turned to the owner of the hand and saw a tall handsome man sporting blond hair under black snapback, black jeans paired with black shirt and Timberland boots. 
“Here you go, nice choice.” He had such a gummy smile, his eyes crescent. 
She smiled back at him, taken back by his deep cave like  voice.  “Thank you.”
“No problem.” He said, and with that, he walked away. She stood there looking at his retreating back. He was pretty handsome, she blushed at the thought. 
She walked to where her grandmother was purchasing a

Please log in to read the full chapter