One

The Homeless Club

Chapter One – Settling In

 

“Sanghyuk?”

 

“Hm? And I told you to call me Hyuk, didn’t I?” The boy responded and glanced at me.

 

“Hyuk, why were you kicked out, if I may ask?”

 

“Well..” He sighed. “I lived with my cousin’s family after I graduated. They – my cousin to be more specific – promised me and my parents that she would support me until I find a job which never really happened.”

 

“But why would she kick you out?” I asked.

 

“Well actually I wasn’t able to look for a job properly because I was too busy taking care of my cousin’s kids and keeping the house in good shape. It was the only thing I could think of doing as something in return. She was also always out for work as well as her husband so, I had to. But, being the clumsy and inexperienced person I am, I didn’t really do a great job which caused her to kick me out and now here I am.” Hyuk continued.

 

“Oh that’s….. Too bad. But why did you have a luggage ready?” I questioned, diverting my gaze to the bag in his hands.

 

“Yesterday, she made an excuse and told me to pack things up for a month long vacation with the whole family so, I did. Then she threw me out.”

 

“Ouch. Well here we are.” I uttered when I finally caught sight of the very place I call home. I stopped my tracks and looked at the boy beside me with his mouth agape at what he was seeing in front.

 

“This is your house?” He asked in a surprised and amazed tone.

 

“Yes. Now let’s go and get you settled in.” I answered and pulled him to the front door.

 

I opened it and turned the lights on revealing the contents of my big and modernized bungalow. I shifted my gaze to Hyuk who was already roaming around in complete awe and chuckled. “How can a twenty two year old look this childish all of a sudden?” I jokingly asked recalling the information he told me about himself and sat on the couch, eyes still fixed on the dazed young man.

 

“What was tha- yah!” He cut himself off with a short scream and frantically jumped around, eyes on the ground.

 

“Well I can see you’ve already met Yassi.” I bent down and picked the brown bunny who hopped quickly to me up.

 

“You’ve escaped from your cage agan? Bad bunny.” I said in a soft and childish voice as I held the fluffy animal up and looked into its black eyes with a pout earning a small chuckle from the background.

 

“Just because you’ve witnessed my love for cute animals doesn’t mean I’m over the fact that you practically panicked like a little girl not too long ago.” I stated, a small smirk forming on my face as I glanced at the boy glaring at me playfully.

 

“Let’s get you settled in before your glare burns through my forehead.” I got up and placed Yassi back on her cage and led Hyuk to a spare room.

 

“I feel like I’m going to stay at a hotel.” He uttered and placed hid luggage beside the brown drawers.

 

“You’ll get used to it. But are you okay with this room already? I still have two other spare rooms you could choose from.” I asked and eyed the brown and red themed room.

 

“Are you being really nice or are you just indirectly showing off?” With his remark, I have him a glare.

 

“I’m more than fine with this already. Geez, I’m just kidding.” He mumbled the last part and looked down.

 

“I’m serious Hyuk. And isn’t it rude to joke around like that to a person who let you in her house voluntarily?”

 

“Isn’t it wrong to let a complete stranger live in your house?” He questioned back.. “But I’m not complaining. I really appreciate it so please let me stay.” He took it back quickly receiving a small giggle from me.

 

“Fair point. Now, are you going to stay here and unpack or help me with dinner?”

 

“Help you of course. It’s the least I could do in return.” He replied with a grin.

 

“He’s pretty cute if I do say so myself.” I smiled at the thought and headed to the kitchen with Hyuk tailing behind me.

 

“Get the loaf of bread from the cabinet near the fridge, I’ll feed Yassi first.”

 

“Could I feed Yassi?” He asked with a hint of excitement present in his voice.

 

“Ah- well okay.” I responded and gave him the feeds then prepared the needed ingredients.

 

A few minutes later, I felt no signs of Hyuk’s existence. I looked back and saw him playing with the bunny.

 

“I thought you said you’d help me make dinner.” I spoke up and continued frying ingredients.

 

“I’m coming!” He replied. “I’m sorry, I kind of got distracted.” He continued and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Well first, wash your hands then slice some cheese and cut some lettuce. I’m only making sandwiches tonight.”

 

“I’m on it.” Then he headed for the fridge and followed the task given to him. After a few more minutes of cutting, slicing and frying, our dinner was finally finished.

 

“Thank again for, you know, letting me live here.” He uttered and finished tidying the dishes.

 

“You’re welcome. By the way, do you need some help unpacking?”

 

“That would be great. Thanks.”

We entered his new bedroom and started organizing his clothes in the closet. I rummaged through his luggage and found two Harry Potter books at the bottom.

 

“Hey you read Harry Potter too? Which book are you reading at the moment?”

 

“Oh, I’m stuck in the fourth book. I don’t have the others yet.”

 

“Well you can borrow mine. I have the whole series.” I smiled proudly.

 

“Really? Cool! Thanks, I’d love that.” He returned the smile and sat beside me as I let out a yawn.

 

“Well I’m heading to my room. I still have work tomorrow.” I got up and headed out.

 

“Good night!” I called out from the hall.

 

“Good night Jaeyeon! Thanks for everything!”

 

“Stop thanking me all the time. It’s getting a wee bit annoying.”

 

“Sorry!”

 

 

 

First chapter is up! Yay! 

So I'm back with a new story about VIXX because these boys just got me like asdfghjkl at the moment and I had to let the feels out that's why I made this fic. I hope you enjoy it!

Also, a massive thank you to those who already subscribed to the story! Love you guys!

Please leave a comment :) Let me know your reactions, opinions, feels or whatever about the story. I hope you read until the end. 

Oh and I will update before the week ends most probably so keep an eye out for it. The more you comment and make me feel inspired and happy, the shorter the wait for the next chap. Hehe.

That's it from now. Bye!^^