Two

The Homeless Club

Chapter Two – Cameras and Coffee Cups

 

Around eight o’clock in the morning, I got up upon hearing my alarm. Yawning, I headed for the bathroom to prepare for the day. Not long after, I got out dressed in a cream colored sweater and blue faded jeans. I tied my hair into a braid and wore my teal colored Converse then walked to the living room to feed my bunny.

 

“Oh wait I forgot about Hyuk.” I mumbled to myself and headed to his room.

 

“Hyuk?” I called out while knocking only to be answered by complete silence.

 

I opened the door quietly and peeped through. He was still on his bed, fast asleep.

 

“I should probably let him sleep more.” I thought then marched to my room to get a sticky note and a pen.

 

“Good morning! I didn’t wake you up because you seemed really tired and were sleeping soundly. Feel free to eat anything you want, explore the house and even read my books which are placed in my room on the shelves. I’ll be back at around dinnertime. If you’re going out, make sure to grab the spare keys on the coffee table before you go and leave a note if you will take long. Bye!” I read my note out loud and nodded in approval. I went back to his room and placed the piece of paper on the lamp and headed out.

 

“It wouldn’t hurt to stop by the café and get a cup of coffee, right? I still have fifteen minutes.” I looked at the time and entered the café across the studio.

 

“Welcome to Café by the Lee’s. May I take your order?” A brown haired girl greeted with a warm smile.

 

“One medium sized latte for Jaeyeon please.” I ordered and paid for the drink then waited on a table near the claim area.

 

“One medium sized latte for Miss Jaeyeon.” A man’s voice echoed through the shop. I got up and claimed my latte, thanking him in the process.

 

“Oh hey I have that camera too. You’re into photography?” He asked, eyeing the camera in my hands.

 

“Yes. I actually work as a photographer across the street.” I answered and gave him a small smile.

 

“Cool. Well I’ll see you soon. I believe you don’t have much time left.” He said and eyed his watch.

 

“Shoot! I’m late!” I panicked and dashed out the café but didn’t fail to hear his last statement before I got out. “Until next time little Miss Photographer.”

 

Upon entering the studio, multiple comments were already thrown my way. “Jaeyeon why are you late?” I bought a cup of coffee and because a stranger decided to talk to me. “Jaeyeon, the clients have arrived. We need you here now!”

 

“I’m coming!” I responded and ran to the designated area where I was called when another voice addressed my name.

 

“Jaeyeon I need the sketches for the Vintage collection on Miss Shin’s table now!” Geez, what am I, an assistant? I sighed, gathering the recent dress sketches located inside a drawer and placed them on the said table then went back to the clients. “It’s going to be a long day.”

 

“You’ve outdone yourself today Jaeyeon. I’m impressed.” A voice spoke up from behind.

 

“Thank you Kyungsoo.” I looked back and replied with a thankful smile.

 

“Are you heading home already?” He asked, walking by my side, receiving a hum in response from me.

 

“How about you?”

 

“I was but then I caught up with you. Would you mind if I walk you home?”

 

“Not at all. I’ve always liked good company.”

 

“So how’s life? I mean like outside the studio.”

 

“It’s nothing special, really. I wake up every morning and prepare, feed Yassi, get a cup of coffee sometimes, go to work, go home and sleep. My life basically repeats that cycle.”

 

“Oh okay. And Yassi?”

 

“She’s my pet; a cute little brown bunny.”

 

“Aw a bunny? How cute!” He beamed as a giggle escaped my lips.

 

“So if your life only goes around that cycle you just said, that means you don’t have a boyfriend, am I right?” He asked in a teasing manner.

 

“Ye- no that is not- no I- ugh shut up Kyungsoo.” I responded with a playful glare only hearing laughter in return.

 

“Good to know.” He mumbled in a low voice but I managed to hear and understand it.

 

“What was that?” I asked, pretending to be oblivious.

 

“It’s nothing.” He replied with a grin.

 

As we neared my house, my eyes widened at the blurred sight ahead. I saw Hyuk standing by the door looking my way.

 

“Kyungsoo I hate to cut this short but I forgot to buy something at the store. You go ahead. It’s okay. Thanks for walking with me!” I made up a lame excuse and turned right to the nearest convenience store.

 

“Are you sure?” He called out from behind.

 

“Yes, now go!” I looked back and saw him walking the other direction. I sighed in relief and haded for my house. Honestly, I didn’t know why I reacted like that. Why did I panic? Was I perhaps afraid of someone finding out I live with a guy, moreover, a stranger?

 

“Welcome home!” Hyuk greeted and flashed a dazzling smile. “I finished the fifth book already.”

 

“Wow you’re fast. Was that the only thing you did today?” I chuckled and checked on Yassi.

 

“Kind of, yeah.”

 

“Well, some book nerd you are.” I joked earning a glare from the boy. “And why were you by the door when I got home?”

 

“Yah says the girl who owns the complete series of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.” He stuck his tongue out after his statement which caused me to copy his actions as well. “And I wanted to wait for the girl aka my life saver to get home. Is something wrong with that?” He answered shyly and rubbed his nape as slight awkwardness followed after.

 

“No, not really. Let’s just prepare dinner.”

 

“Yeah let’s do that. By the way, who was that guy that walked you home?”

 

“Kyungsoo, my fellow workmate.”

 

“Your boyfriend?” He teased.

 

“No!” 

 

 

Another/last update before the weekends as promised. :)

Special appearance by a mystery guy at the cafe(I'm guessing you already know who. But in case not, I am not telling. ^_^) and Do Kyungsoo everyone!