O5 | Scarred

Beautiful Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey, Jongin,” Jonghyun nudged and gave him a pleading look. “Are you going to the usual… for dessert?”

He smirked. They both know ‘the usual’ means the place where he could go fishing. “Why? You coming with me?”

He shook his head. “I’m tired. I just want you to drop me to my apartment. It’s just on the way,” he said and smiled. “Okay? Okay?”

“Aish. Okay! Go ahead,” he kept checking his pocket. “I think I forgot something inside.”

Jonghyun went downstairs together with the rest of the gang while Jongin went back inside the unit to get his phone.

He started walking the hallway but slowed down when he reached the unit next door. He stopped and looked at the door when he noticed a familiar sticker pineapple brand. He smirked.

“What are you doing?” Taemin asked just right when he closed the door. He decided to go down with them to see everyone drive home.

“Nothing. I just found this pineapple sticker cute,” he pointed at the sticker by the door knob.

The other man just gave him a look. “Cute, huh? Let’s just go and leave the woman from here alone.”

He sighed. “Aish, fine! I can’t believe even you—”

“I just want you to leave because I’m tired. Let’s go now.”

Jongin walked ahead and Taemin took a final glance on the door. He can’t believe that the woman from next door became such a big deal for the gang that even made Chanyeol and Minseok act weird.

He sighed when he remembered what happened earlier. “Oh, the chicken. Aish, Key, Jonghyun.”

The moment Taemin was about to go to work the next morning, he was approached by the caretaker. He smiled and nodded in acknowledgement, “Good morning, Ms. Kim.”

“Good morning, Mr. Lee. How’s your stay so far?” The old lady smiled back and put back the scarf around her neck. This time, she wasn’t wearing her favorite red knitted jacket, but still wearing the same floral patterned dress.

“It’s okay. The space is nice and I have no problems with anything so far. Thanks for asking,” he smiled and put the keys in his pocket. But when he noticed that the old woman just stood still, he asked. “Is there anything…?”

Ms. Kim suddenly shook her head and chuckled shyly. “Oh, nothing really. I was just wondering if someone already dropped by and greeted you?” She waited hopefully for a positive answer and she smiled when she actually got it.

He confusedly nodded. “My friends said someone came over last night, but I actually haven’t seen her yet. Why?”

“So Minyoung actually did it,” she mumbled and smiled. “She’s actually the one from the next door. Everyone attended the small gathering the other night. She was the only one who didn’t.”

For a moment, he just looked at Ms. Kim’s happy aura. He also couldn’t understand why everyone must greet him when he’s just there to rent a unit. As if he just became a new part of the family with the rules implemented in this building. “I see. Don’t worry, I’ll drop by next door after work. I somehow owe her a chicken.”

The old lady looked at him, confused, but still smiling. “A chicken?”

He smirked. “It’s quite a long story but don’t worry, I’ll drop by so we can have formal introduction.”

.

“Just drop me to the chicken shop, and thanks for the ride, hyung,” Taemin said without looking at his brother who was in the driver’s seat.

“No. Thanks for dragging yourself to be in the family dinner,” Jinki smiled and sighed and stopped when the light turned red. They just kept silent for a moment until the light went green. “But you know, umma actually misses you.”

“Yeah right,” he answered indifferently and just looked at the window. “And it seemed like she didn’t even notice me because she’s just too busy talking with her new boyfriend.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter