O3 | Coffee Brods

Beautiful Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Minyoung, pack your things up and help me close the bookshop," Mr. Jang ordered right when he went inside the shop, checking his phone. Mr. Jang was a former professor in her previous college, but he retired even before she became a student of that university.

She looked at the wall clock and gave the old man a confused look. It was only two in the afternoon and 4PM was the closing time. "Mr. Jang, is there a problem?"

The old man looked at her with a smile like a kid who just won a prize. "Definitely no problem! My daughter came back from US and I am so excited to see her!"

He started packing his things up excitedly, and then Minyoung suddenly became jealous of Mr. Jang's daughter. How could she have a parent who is too happy to see her come back home? Unlike her whose parents even told her that it would be best if she moved out of the house.

"No need, Mr. Jang. You can leave now. You can leave the work to me until 4PM. I really don't have anything else to do after this," she insisted with a smile.

"No way," he said, worried. "Why don't you take this time to rest? It looks like you are going to collapse with your state."

"I'm totally fine, Mr. Jang, and I can still work. Actually many books are due today so we really have to keep operations until 4."

"No. We have to close the shop as of this moment and that's my order,” he commanded. “You are like my daughter and I don't want you to work here alone. We don't know people of this generation. Robbers, rapists. Aish, the thought of it makes me mad. Go pack your things now."

Minyoung sighed as she walked towards the counter desk and got her bag. You are like my daughter, she smiled. She cleaned the desk and put the unrecorded books inside the box, sealed it and placed it in the cabinet.

Right after she locked the shop, she bowed at the old man and bid her goodbye. "Take care on your way, Mr. Jang, and have a good time with your family."

"Thank you, Minyoung. Take care of yourself, too. And the chicken stab I gave you, the promo is until today only so don't forget to claim it, okay? Have it as your dinner." He smiled. "Oh, I almost forgot. I also have this coupon from uhmm, Coffee Brods. Just present this to them and they will give you..." he narrowed his eyes as he tried to read, "...Iced Americano and a slice of Strawberry Ice Cream Cake. You use this today also. This is perfect for this strangely hot day."

.

Minyoung had a battle of thoughts before she finally decided to use the coffee coupon since Coffee Brods was just on the way to her apartment building.

She sighed as she entered the coffee shop, surprised that there were many customers, and considerably few vacant tables. She stopped by the entrance, only to be greeted by a brown headed guy with a square smile, cleaning the table nearby.

"Good afternoon, Miss. Welcome to Coffee Brods," he stood up and walked towards her, smiling, with a tray in his hand. "Should I lead you to your table, then?”

She was taken aback with the warm service of the shop. She had second thoughts if she'd nod or what but she just decided to just ask him about the coupon when she was interrupted.

"Baekhyun! Tell Taemin I need to go—" someone went beside the brown haired waiter guy called Baekhyun and Minyoung just looked away, waiting for the two to get over with their business. "—later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter