They Say Friends Don’t Take Care of you like that, unless…

The game, the story and the now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I’ve just decided. I’m changing the POV. LOL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji watches as the rock she just kicks bounces and rolls to the curb. She continues to walk, one foot in front of the other, taking her own sweet time, while her mind wanders off.

What is taking him so long?

She looks back at the empty road. Just by the corner, lies a small convenience store. Shin Hyesung asks Eunji to wait while he gets something - some medication - she thinks. But waiting alone always seem to get to Eunji. She is the only child and spends most of her time alone. One would think that she would get comfortable of the silence or would not get awkward at being left alone. That is never the case. She hates it. Because every time she is alone, her mind wanders and all she thinks about is the first time she is left alone.

She will never know if it is on purpose. How could she? She is just four when it happens. They were out shopping, Eunji tagging by her mother's side, cute pigtails and all. Suddenly, the next thing she knows, she is holding onto someone else’s hand, being dragged to an unknown place and waiting for her mother to pick her up at the reception counter where all lost and found announcements are made.

Yet it isn’t her mother who picked her up. Hours later, her father came to pick up, poor crying Eunji, so scared and fearful of being locked up in mall that is emptying fast. Back home, guns and cannons are fired. Words are used to hurt and the next thing Eunji knows, her mother looks at her, as sharp and as beautiful as ever. But with a small nod and a small smile, she left. The door closes slowly and the light entering the house grew smaller and everything gradually got darker.

Eunji never cried. She is only four, what could she understand? All she knows is that her mother left and never came back. But it haunts her till date. Whenever she is left alone, paranoia kicks in. She sees her mother’s hair, dancing as she moves, only to be left alone.

“Sorry! I couldn’t find the right one. Here, let’s put this on first. It should take care of your bruise.” Hyesung finally came back and wakes her up from her thoughts. “Are you still thinking about what happen just now?”

Eunji looks straight into his eyes, and her lips curved upwards. She shakes her head and then rubs her arm.

“It’s feeling better already! Oppa! Let’s go back home.”  Hyesung smiles back. “Oh. I forgot… Thank you!” And his smile became bigger.

They continue walking home. Eunji telling the story of the hide and seek game that she always see by her window. She is giving him tips of where Hyesung should hide and where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter