The Brother

The game, the story and the now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

High school is not what you expect it to be. All those shows you watch on TV, now you know it’s all fake. Or maybe they only exist in the other side of the world. But it doesn’t matter because you’re stuck in this side of the world. The side where you have stacks of books to read, if you want to be a lawyer. Or you’ll be forced to be a cleaner or a maid.

The teacher finally releases the class and a mass of noise breaks out. You, however seem to not bother about it. In fact, you slowly keep your books and wait until the last few lingering students are starting to leave as well. As you walk out, however…

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! It’s the rich kid who just moved in.”

Three trolls, ermmm…. You mean boys, big bully boys stands right by the door.

“Yah! I know who you are. You moved during the summer break. Your dad is the Big CEO of Akdong Law Associate isn’t it? He caught me last week just before the school start.” 

 

You look up at him, your eyes seemingly wide. There is nothing that you could do. Your glasses now slip down your sweaty nose. BITE YOUR TONGUE, EUNJI YAH! You tell yourself. DON’T CRY!

“I was hoping that you were a boy so that I can crush you into bits. Punch you into pulps. Then leave you by the road. But since you’re a girl….”

He grabs your wrist, hard, and pulls it towards him.

You are pulled towards him but you try. You try so hard to fight back. It’s starting to sting. The tears you try so hard to hold and starting to slip. You step on his foot, desperate to make a run for it.

He curse out loud but his eyes never left yours. His hold on you became stronger still. You pull yourself to the ground, trying to release yourself from his clutches. He just smiles down at you.

 

“OI! What do you think you’re doing?”

 

He releases you and turns to face the voice. The two goons who were with him flanked him making him look indestructible. You rub your free wrist, and remove your glasses to wipe away the tears from your eyes. But you have to look up. Without your glasses, all you could see is a blur. But that did not hide the fact that he shines as bright as the sun. You expect him to fight so you scuttle back a bit but all you hear is a cold voice.

 

“Teacher Yoo has finished her lunc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter