The 15 Guys You'll Meet On a Blind Date

The 15...

       Heo Young Ji walked through the doors of a fancy restaurant, a hidden camera strapped to her blouse, and a hidden microphone taped to her back, hidden by her dark, skinny jeans. She groaned inwardly as a guy that was supposedly her blind date waved at her from a table. Her friend Young Jae had told her that this blind date was going to be a special one, and Young Ji had absolutely no idea why. She made her way cautiously to her seat, before pulling out her seat and sitting down. Young Ji made sure that her earpiece was on. Young Jae was at home, watching and hearing everything that Young Ji's camera and microphone was recording. (The convos between Young Ji and Young Jae will be in italics.) The man smiled at Young Ji, before sticking his hand out for a hand shake. Young Ji gently shook his hand, before shrinking back. 

       "Hi, I'm Kang Joon. What's your name?"

       "I'm Young Ji." A waiter made his way over with a bunch of menus, and handed two of them to Kang Joon, who passed one to Young Ji. 

       "Ooooohhh. He's a cute one. Kang Joon, was it? I forgot his name already, and I was the one who set him up with you. Kinda sad, right?" Young Ji muttered softly to communicate with Young Jae.

       "Not my type. Too polite." Kang Joon suddenly got up, before smiling apologetically to Young Ji.

       "Oh, sorry. I gotta go to the bathroom for a second, okay?" Young Ji nodded, before smiling at him. 

       "Young Ji. This guy, is what I call, "THE GENTLEMAN. He's always polite, and even when you get closer to him as a friend, he's polite. I'd drop this one, too.

       "Uh... hi!" Young Ji looked up to see another boy with dark hair and piercings running up and down his ears.

       "Oh! Hello! I'm Young Ji!" The boy chuckled.

       "Oh, I know. This is the blind date, right? That Young Jae set up? I'm Jungkook!" Young Ji smiled, relaxing. This guy was nice. 

       "Jeon Jungkook. Really good-looking, right? I shall call him, THE LADY-KILLER. Yes, perfect." Young Ji snorted a little under her breath as she blew a strand of hair out of her face. Jungkook's face was glued to his phone as he read an email. He groaned before getting up. He bowed to Young Ji, causing the cute girl to stand up, trying to get him to stop.

       "I'm really sorry, Young Ji-ssi. I have to go back to work. Bye!" Jungkook rushed out the door, a little bell sound resonating through the restaurant as the door closed. Young Ji sighed as she sat back down, only to see a smartly dressed man sitting in front of her with a bored look on his face.

       "Uuuummmm... hi? I'm Young Ji." 

       "Sehun." The waiter came back to get their orders. The boy just grunted out words, while Young Ji ordered as she stared at her lap, boring holes with her eyes. They waited for a while, until Sehun stood up, the chair scraping backwards with a screeching noise. He left without a word, causing Young Ji to cross her arms. 

       "That little ! You know what, I'm gonna call him, THE . Yes, that is the perfect word to describe that!" Young Ji groaned as she was stood up again. She sat down again, not surprised when another guy was already sitting there. He wore glasses, and had a really cute baby face.

       "Hello! Mai nameu iju Taeil!" Young Ji was surprised for second. Was this guy trying to speak English? Was he... American?

       "Um... hello? Do you speak Korean?" The guy laughed.

       "Oh! You're not American? I thought I heard you speaking in English a while ago, so yeah! Isn't my English good?" Young Ji inwardly face palmed. She had been conversing in broken, but decent English to Young Jae, who was a fluent speaker already. 

       "So, you're Young Ji, right?" Young Ji nodded.

       "Yeah, and your name is...?"

       "My name's Taeil!" Young Ji nodded, before she got her food from the waiter, who was confused as to why the male suitors for Young Ji kept on changing so often. 

       "So, Young Ji-ssi. What school did you go to?" Young Ji blinked.

       "Uh... I went to-"

       "What were your average grades? Did teachers like you? Were you ever the president? Vice president? Treasurer?" Young Ji blinked again.

       "Uh... A+'s, I don't know, yes, yes, and no." Young Ji could hear snickering through her earphone.

       "Ahhh...yes. THE NERD. All he cares about is what school you went to. Judging from the college you went to, he would be on his knees asking for your hand in a second." Young Ji resisted the urge to roll her eyes. A tall male with pink hair strode up to their table, and stared at Young Ji for a while before grabbing Taeil and hoisting him over his shoulder. 

       "Taeil-ssi? Are you okay?" Young Ji got no response as the man was carried off, conversing in rapid Korean with the taller man. Young Ji started to hear another deeper voice, and suspected that it was Jae Bum. Ever since their hook up, Young Jae and Jae Bum have been inseperable. A sophisticated looking man sat down in front of Young Ji, and ordered a coffee. 

       "Hello, Young Ji-ssi. I'm Kim Joonmyun. I- oh my god." Young Ji turned to look at what Suho was staring at. A baby was gurgling while being bounced up and down on its mother's lap. 

       "Aaaawww! What a cute baby!" Suho gave the baby a look of disgust.

       "That's the worst dressed baby I've ever seen. Like, I can't even. I'm leaving!" Suho got up, and rushed out, his choking perfume hanging in the air.

       "Oh, THE FABOO. I shouldn't have set him up with you..." Young Ji waited as a causually dressed man walked up to her, blushing as he bowed and shook hands with her.

       "Hi, I'm Jongup. I found out about you through Young Jae, and you seemed really nice, so I decided to meet up with you, and-" Young Ji put up a hand to stop him.

       "Whoa! Calm yourself." Jongup shut his trap, and smiled. 

       "THE BLABBERMOUTH. Drop this one. Like seriously, you won't be able to get a single word in on this date if you decide to give him a chance." Jongup looked at his watch, and gasped, and looked angry, for once.

       "I totally forgot that I had dance practice today! I'm really sorry, Young Ji-sii! I gotta go!" Jongup rushed through the doors, his face red with embarassment. They went through a series of nine other guys, each one as bad as the other ones that Young Ji had met so far.

       "THE ROMANTICIST. He'll end up trying to propose to you after the first date."

       "THE BAD BOY. Acts like he's all that, but he's just a softie in real life."

       "THE GAY GUY. He really seems like he's gay, or he's just extremely fashionable. Maybe both. I don't know, to be honest."

       "THE OTAKU. He'll only like you if you like anime or any kind of japanese art."

       "THE KPOP STAR WANNA-BE. He'll try to impress others with his "talents," but he'll just end up embarassing himself. Oh, Young Ji, how's Mamma Mia going for you?" Young Ji shrugged a little.

       "It's fine. Gyuri's been warming up to me, so I'm glad." 

       "THE HIPSTER. He's the kind of guy that'll stop in the middle of a shooting to take pictures. Don't date this one, or else your life will be in potential danger 24/7."

       "THE JOCK. Sure, he's got muscle, but inside that little head, there's nothing but dust. With each weight he lifts, one-sixteenth of his brain cells die."

       "THE PHONE-ADDICT. Just don't even with this one. He's pretty much cheating on you with his phone if you become his girlfriend, so just don't. This guy can't even right now. Kinda like the faboo guy. Hehe..."  

       "THE DIVA. This guy is sassy, and is really hard to get along with. He may seem nice on the outside, but on the inside, he could be the spawn of Satan. Yeah... so..." After the well dressed man named Baekhyun got up and left, Young Ji gave up. She paid the bill after finishing her  food, and stalked down the street, ripping off her microphone and camera. She walked into a simple coffee shop, where a cute barista was wearing a snapback. She was the only customer there. Oh. Because it was almost closing time. Whatever. Young Ji walked up to the cashier.

       "Uuuummm... one green grape juice, please!" The guy stopped staring at her for a second, and looked at the menu. He was clearly a new worker.

       "Grape juice? When did we have grape juice?! Grape juice?!" Young Ji resisted the urge to chuckle as the guy freaked out. She read his nametag. Jackson. 

       "Well, Jackson-ssi, grape juice is right under the frozen fruit juice section of the menu, if you haven't noticed." Jackson wheezed out a chuckle of laughter, and handed Young Ji the drink. As Young Ji sat down, Jackson followed her and sat down across from her. He watched as Young Ji sipped on her drink, as she stared back.

       "Why are you following me?" Jackson shrugged.

       "You're cute." He tapped her on the nose.

       "What's your name, cutie?" Young Ji turned pink.

       "Young Ji."

       "No, your full name."

       "Oh, so we're quoting "The Fault In Our Stars now, huh? Heo Young Ji. And you're Wang Jackson, right?" Jackson beamed, and proudly flicked his nametag. 

       "Yup!" Young Ji chuckled.

       "Well then, Heo Young Ji. Tell me about yourself." 

       "Patience grasshopper, you don't want to get too excited." Jackson laughed again.

       "You really are cute." Young Ji sniffed mockingly.

       "Of course I am. I was born cute." Jackson chuckled again, his hyena laughter filling the coffee shop along with the image of Young Ji's comical silent laugh. 

       "Well, Young Ji-sii. You wanna go out sometime?" Young Ji thought for a second.

       "We'll see. How about we go out on a date, when you can get my number? You'll have to patient, though." Jackson looked into her eyes, his own dark, shiny eyes piercing into her large, wide ones.

       "I'd wait for eternity to get to know you, Heo Young Ji."