Chapter 8: Too Complicated

Awkward Friends (이상해 친구)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are we going to do first?" Wonho asked.

 

Wonho and I were at Shownu and his dorm, and we made sure that we would be no distractions and that it would be only the two of us. Don't think that we're doing something naughty, I'm only doing something that I promised Wonho. I promised him that I would help him change his ways and get Hyungwon to like him. I know it'll be one difficult job, but I think I can fix him up.

 

"Okay, here's what we're going to do. The first thing we need to do is teach you how to approach him, without, you know, making fun of him." I told him, and he nodded in agreement. "And because it's you that we're working with, it's not going to be an easy task."

 

"Don't worry Kihyun, I'll be a good student. I'll focus on you like a mirror." He said and I tried not to laugh.

 

"Oh boy." I took a deep breath and then continued. "First, stand by the door." I ordered and he did as I told. "Now pretend that I'm Hyungwon, walk up to me and then we'll go from there."

 

Wonho looked at me suspiciously. "But how is this going to help? For starters, you look nothing like him. You don't have those big, spaarkly eyes that shine in the moonlight. Don't forget those luscious lips that are so kissable-"

 

"Please stop, before I puke over your surprise cheesiness." I whined, and he giggled.

 

"How am I going to convince myself that you are Hyungwon? You're not good looking and captivating in any way." Wonho said casually as he walked over to his bed and laid down in frustration.

 

"Yeah, I'm going to act like that didn't offend me." I said

 

Wonho sat up. "I'm sorry Kihyun, I'm really trying my best." He said as he stood up and walked back to the door. "Let's start over again. I'll try my best to pretend that... you... look like... Hyungwon." He said unsure of himself.

 

"Okay, you better not do or say anything stupid." I warned him.

 

"Yes sir!" He said, and turned around facing the door.

 

"Ready, action!" I said. Wonho turned around,  approached me, with his hands in his pockets  and smiled shyly. He took a seat in front of me. "Hey Wonho." I said in an unenthusiastic tone, trying to make my voice sound like Hyungwon's.

 

"Hi-hi, Hyungwon." I smiled, I think this might actually work because Wonho actually sounded a little nervous when he approached me. "You... look good today." He complimented me, and I pretended to make myself blush.

 

"T-thanks, my doctor prescribed me some new medications. I think they're starting to work."

 

"That's good, it's nice seeing you much healthier now." He smiled, which naturally made me smile as well. Things are going well so far, hopefully this will be easier that I thought it would be.

 

"So, what's up?" I asked him nicely.

 

"You're face!" Wonho stood up and starting laughing histerically while I palmed my face in irritation.

 

"Wonho!" I yelled at him, this is going to be a long, long day.

 

~~~

 

After two long and painful hours of helping Wonho, I finally get to see some sort of progress being made. "Let's just try it one more time. We're doing great." I said to Wonho, but in my mind I was tired and exhausted. Wonho is the last person and only person I'm ever going to help ask someone out.

 

"Okay. I won't let you down this time Kihyun." Wonho gave me a thumbs up, and I just nodded. Now I am starting to feel like Hyungwon, I could really use some medication for this headache.

 

"Hey, you're acting is really good right now!" Wonho said happily.

 

"Yeah, I wonder why..." I said, trying not to sound annoyed. "Are you ready Wonho?"

 

"Yes sir!" He said, for the twelth time that day. He sat on the bed right next to me, looking at me with an intense stare that could melt the hearts of a thousand girls. "Hyungwon-ah."

 

I felt my face heating up,and I didn't know wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter