Chapter 9: Too Angry

Awkward Friends (이상해 친구)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OMG guys, I actually finished writing this chapter in time. Some of you guys know that I promised to have this chapter up on Saturday, but guess what? It's Saturday! LMAO I'll shut up so you guys can read XD

 

 

"Did I really just say that?" A shocked Wonho said to himself, I watched the whole situation go down.

 

" Yah, is this some sort of sick joke?" Hyungwon asked with one tear making its way down his left cheek. Although he looks sad, I could tell that he was angry. Maybe even furious.

 

"No, it's not like that, Hyungwon-ah." Wonho started panicing, he placed his hand on Hyungwon's shoulder.

 

"Don't call me that." He said coldly, smacking Wonho's hand off of him. I was shocked, Hyungwon has always been easilly annoyed but I never knew he could be so cold.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said."

 

"But you said Kihyun's name, not mine! That means something." Hyungwon was now a crying mess, people were starting to stare at them, and Wonho was getting very uncomfortable. I could feel Shownu's eyes looking at them and then at me.

 

"Hyungwon, can you keep it down? You're causing a scene." Wonho said nicely with an awkward smile.

 

"I don't care, maybe the whole world should know what an you are!" He said purposely raising his voice, earning a few "oooh's" from people who were watching them. 

 

"Everyone, it's not what it looks like." He announced to everyone in the library.

 

"It is what it looks like. He confessed his love to me and said another guy's name. He's cheating on me before we even started dating!" Hyungwon completely put Wonho on blast. I felt my face turn red from embarassment as Hyungwon was referring to me.

 

Everyone gasped. Wonho was now receiving the most nasty glares I've ever seen, I could hear people whispering things like "oh my god, what an jerk" and "I can't believe I had a crush on an like him." Hyungwon ended up running out of the library, wiping his tears away as he ran away. Wonho ran after him like a hopeless couple in a movie, yelling "Hyungwon, comeback! Don't be like this!" I felt extremely guilty, because in a way it was my fault.

 

I shyly turned myself to face Shownu, he gave me a questioning look. "Do you care to explain?" He asked me, and I gulped nervously.

 

"I honestly have no idea what just happened. I'm just as shock as you are, maybe even more." I tried my best to explain to him, but it felt as if he had more and more questions to ask me.

 

"Oh really?" He raised one eyebrow, and crossed his arms. "It's not everyday when a guy says someone else's name when confessing to another guy, that usually happens during love making." Shownu bluntly said and my eyes widened.

 

"What are you saying?" I looked at Shownu weirdly.

 

"Wonho and you didn't, perhaps, hooked up when you were helping him, didn't you?" Shownu said feeling offended, but honestly I felt like smacking him in the head for thinking such a weird thing.

 

"Oh my god, Shownu that's disgusting!" I said, "Nothing ever happened between the two of us, Hell, you can't even imagine how far away he is from my ideal type." That was because my ideal type was Shownu, and Wonho was nothing like him.

 

"What about when I walked into you two almost kissing?" Shownu asked me, and that would require a lot more explanation.

 

"I was pretending to be Hyungwon while Wonho practiced what he was going to say to him." I told him and he nodded. "And apparently, he got way into it..."

 

"Yeah, I can tell." Shownu said awkwardly. "Kihyun, maybe he's fallen in love with you while you were helping him."

 

I felt my heart stop beating just hearing that, that would make things even worse if it was true. "What?! Wonho couldn't have, he spent hours telling me how cute Hyungwon was and stuff like that."

 

"So who do you think he likes now?" Shownu asked me.

 

"How would I know? But why are so concerned about Wonho liking me?" I asked him, and I felt the who conversation making a complete turn. Shownu was now flustered by the question I asked him.

 

"Why?" He coughed nervously, which I didn't know why. After a few seconds of thinking about what to say, he explained, "I'm concerned because Wonho is my friend, I don't want him to get hurt, that's all."

 

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh really?" 

 

"Y-yeah, I just forgot!" He said while looking at his watch, even though he wasn't even wearing one. "I'm late to a class. I'll talk to you later!" Shownu waved and then ran off.

 

He was acting weird, I thought. Why would he lie about having a class, today was Saturday. Maybe he was feeling jealous, because he likes me? I thought about it, but just ignored it. He's way out of my league, he would never like me, right?

 

~~~

 

That night, I was worried about going back to the dorm because of having to encounter Hyungwon, whether he's mad at me or not. But I had a good feeling he would be pissed at me based off how he acted at the library earlier. While he was out for dinner, I sneaked into the dorm packing a few sets of clothes along with some other necessities. I definitely can't survive a night alone with him. 

 

I knocked on the door, and Shownu opened it. "Hey Kihyun."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter