Final

Too Good for You

Jiyong took a silk scarf out of the rack of clothes, holding it in his hand, feeling the soft material between his fingers, and letting it slip through his loose fist. Chaerin stood in front of him, staring at how Jiyong handled the scarf ever so carefully.

Only moments before, Jiyong had been a wreck, and Chaerin had put her left arm around his shoulders, offering him a glass of red wine with the other, only to be refused by a hurl of sobs because ‘it… reminds me of… him’. Chaerin knew that shopping would set her friend’s mind straight, however much he ‘loved’ that guy.

Jiyong looked up at her, lips in a crescent that made his chin scrunch up. “Do you think this goes well with my skin?” He questioned with an obvious pitiable tone in his voice. The man looked so fragile and Chaerin felt like she could break him if she went as far as poking his arm.

“It’s perfect, Ji,” she assured him. “Are you buying it?”

“I might. Do you think he’d like it?” Jiyong didn’t even lift his head up because he knew that Chaerin would never forgive him. She always went on about how Seunghyun was a ‘bad boy’ of some sort and all he wanted to do was hurt him; but Jiyong truly believed that he loved Seunghyun, just as much as Seunghyun loved him.

“Put it down, Kwon Jiyong, we’re going back home,” Chaerin crossed her arms across her chest, quite sick of Jiyong’s longings for someone he was never going to have. Everyone saw it. Everyone saw how Seunghyun was just playing Jiyong because he wanted to. He liked seeing Jiyong get wound up between one sided confessions and unrequited love. On occasions, Seunghyun had been told that one day, he would hurt Jiyong so much that he would never forgive himself. And knowing Jiyong, Chaerin was aware of how her friend liked to blame all problems on himself. Even if it was work related, he would sit in a dark corner for days, before he came up with some inspiration to show Hyunsuk that he was worth it.

“Chaerin, I didn’t mean it that way,” Jiyong whined like a child, making Chaerin question whether this was motherhood or she was in fact stuck with a heartbroken Jiyong.

“What way did you mean, then? Were you talking about Seungho, or something?”

Jiyong let go of the scarf and put it back in its place in the back of the boutique and sighed deeply, holding his fingers against his temple. “Why would he do that to me, Chaerin? Why me?”

Chaerin wrapped two arms around his shaking body, settling down with him on the leather stools in front of the racks. She let him wet her white shirt even though it was brand new and listened to his story for the nth time.

“I just thought… I just thought he loved me, and then I saw her… they looked so happy. I just wanted to stab that for taking away what was supposed to be mine. And then I wanted to kill him for going behind my back and ing a girl. A girl, Chaerin.” Jiyong’s voice and sobs were muffled in Chaerin’s chest, and she only the back of his head and told him that it would be okay, and that it would be over soon.

---

Choi Seunghyun was sticking his head out of the window when he felt a hand travel to his shoulders. He puffed on his cigarette one last time, crushed it on the ashtray and proceeded to turn around to meet the eyes of the person the hand was attached to.

Truthfully, she was beautiful from every angle – tall, slim and young, with a raven tress travelling down her back. Her figure was lost in Seunghyun’s white shirt, yet Seunghyun saw no beauty in her, for it was all for show.

“When will you tell him?” she asked as she held his neck and brought him close to her for a sloppy kiss with no meaning to it at all. He had ed with her a couple of times, but mostly, he just carried her to meet his friends, especially if Jiyong was there. Everyone kept telling him how she was a bad girl, but Seunghyun had paid them no mind. He didn’t really care about her at all, as much as she wanted him to. Even after learning about Seunghyun’s past – and present – with Jiyong, she had still stayed around, infatuated in a man who had no interest in her apart from the occasional stress relief.

Even during , she knew that he imagined him. They had loved each other unconditionally at some point; she knew that they would love each other even after breaking up. Nothing could’ve broken those two apart, she had told herself one night after hearing the news, yet his indifference did.

Seunghyun returned the kiss by pinning her against the window and taking a good look at her face while his forearm was pressed against the window above her head. “I’m not,” he answered, hands at the collar of her shirt, by the first button. “I have nothing to say,” he hooked his arms under her legs and wrapped them around his waist. He was aware that she would leave the second he got back with Jiyong… if he was ever going back to where he hated.

Seunghyun knew himself. He knew that he was what Chaerin once called a ‘bad boy’ for leaving Jiyong without a goodbye. Thinking about it, he had committed every crime in the book, starting from breaking up over an answering machine to cheating. And Jiyong had been so good to him all those years. When Seunghyun had fallen sick, Jiyong would’ve made sure to take at least one day off to take care of him, even if they weren’t ‘talking’ at the time. Time after time, Seunghyun had kept hurting Jiyong. He’d told him unholy lies that had left Jiyong believing in an illusion that had been them. Only, he could never see the wider picture; Jiyong was always so oblivious to Seunghyun’s see-through lies and misbehaving, so one night, when Seunghyun had been caught in bed with the girl whose chest was in his face, Jiyong had lost it. Seunghyun couldn’t blame him, but making him jealous was the only way to interact with him only a little bit, and Seunghyun still held on to that.

“There really is nothing to tell him,” Seunghyun repeated as his tongue slid up the side of her neck, all the way to her jaw.

Maybe it had just been Jiyong’s mistake for wearing his heart on his sleeve like a fool.

---

One night, two months after their break-up by Jiyong’s count, Seunghyun found his lips on someone who bore poison. Like a thief, Jiyong had stolen corrupt kisses from him and he was asking for more, in the walk-in closet of Soohyuk’s home.

Seunghyun had never really minded Jiyong’s outbursts, though this time, it was different. Jiyong wasn’t his and Seunghyun wasn’t Jiyong’s. But, what the , he was sprawled out against the floor, with Jiyong clutching onto him like a lifeline.

“ you,” Jiyong mumbled against Seunghyun’s neck as his hand roamed down his side all the way to his belt buckle. “I ing hate you, Choi Seunghyun,” Jiyong ped his jacket, throwing it somewhere with the rest of Soohyuk’s clothing. Seunghyun was flabbergasted. He really didn’t know what to say or do in situations where his ex wanted to ride him all the way to his ecstasy until they night ended while his ‘girlfriend’ was standing outside, chatting with a group of people who were frowning upon the relationship of the three.

“Then ing get the hell off me!” Seunghyun nearly shouted, hitting Jiyong’s ribs so hard, he landed on the floor several feet away. Terrified at what he had done, Seunghyun scooted backwards against a rack of suits and tuxes. Even from the distances, in dim lighting, he could tell that Jiyong’s tears were flowing down his cheeks.

“You don’t even love her,” Jiyong burst out of a sudden. All the emotions he had been bottling up for the past god knows how long were dancing on his tongue, ready to escape their cage at any given moment.

Seunghyun felt an uncomfortable lump for in his throat. , he couldn’t cry now. He was too tough for crying. He was too bad for crying. “You don’t ing know what’s going on in my life. Just stop following me. Stop stalking me, you !” Seunghyun yelled. His veins popped out against his reddened neck. There was a sign of distress on his cleanly shaved face, but he was still not crying.

Not until Jiyong had finally managed to break Seunghyun down one last time.

“Do you remember what you said to me? You told me that you had had your eyes on me for months, and that you promise not to hurt me if I gave you the chance. Guess what, Seunghyn. You’ve ripped me apart. You managed to rip every inch of me that exists. I hate you, Seunghyun. I ing hate you. But I dare you to say those exact same words to her, because I know you can’t. She won’t wait for you. She won’t even consider it.” Jiyong spat spitefully, making Seunghyun’s blood boil.

“There is no use in being good. You had your chance, and you blew it. Have fun kissing over her lies.” Jiyong stood, kicked the door open and left without even looking once.

Seunghyun was left in the closet, with his head buried in a series of well-made, quality fabric. He should’ve told him earlier, but there was no use now.

Seunghyun was as ripped as Jiyong.

---

A oneshot-drabble to get me into the writing mood again. Hope you liked it. Comment, sub and upvote please!