Chapter 5

Sweet Affection

Wendy arrived at the club immediately after receiving Seulgi's call. 

Seulgi left right away without saying a word to Wendy.
As Seulgi walks on the roads of Gangnam, she received a call from Wendy.

"Hello?" answered Seulgi
"Seulgi you gotta go back.. s-something happened." Wendy said in a trembling voice.
"What is it again? You sound nervous." Seulgi asked worrying
"I-irene slit her wrist.. I'm receiving help from the staff. The ambulance is here. I gotta call you back."
"W-WHAT?" 

Seulgi hurriedly called a taxi. She called Wendy inside the car.
"Which hospital?"
"Gangnam Severance Hospital." 
"I'm on my way.."
Seulgi arrived after 30 minutes. She run towards the emergency room and saw Wendy.

"Where's Irene?" - Seulgi
"She's inside the operating room." 
"It's nothing serious right?" Seulgi was even more nervous
"I don't know.." Wendy replied absent-minded
"What happened back there anyway?" - Seulgi
"T-there was a small knife for appetizers. I'm arranging her bag and stuff and when I look behind she's already on the floor" Wendy broke down into tears and covered her face.

Seulgi hugged Wendy and they both cried. Seulgi was somehow feeling guilty and can't stop blaming herself.. hoping everything to be fine.
The other girls and one of their managers arrived.

A doctor approached them and said, "She's ok now. We'll transfer her to a regular room. We suggest her longer rest and do not stress the patient because of the tendency for the incident to happen again."
"That's a relief then." said Seulgi. Wendy glared at her hearing what she said.
The doctor added, "And also, we recommend for her to see a psychiatrist, in case she's going through a depression."
Irene was transferred to a regular room and the girls went inside to nurse her... except Seulgi.. she stayed outside the room... still feeling guilty.
Their manager left the room to arrange Irene's admission paper. The girls inside the room started talking.

"Why would she harm herself?" Joy asked
"And she seemed fine. Is there anything she's not telling us?" added Yeri.
"Don't worry. I'll talk to that person. Meanwhile, it's better to not tell you who that person is." said Wendy.
"Where's Seulgi  anyway? Didn't she go out together with Irene unnie? She must know something." Joy asked.
"She's outside. Call her to come in and stop emoting... she's feeling guilty." Wendy replied.
Joy went outside to call Seulgi in, "Hey, Seulgi come inside. What are you doing there?"

"S-should I?" - Seulgi
"Why not? It's not like you're the who did it, right?" replied Joy making Seulgi feel more guilt.
The two went inside and side.
But Seulgi feel like sinking after seeing Irene's condition. She can't take the guilty feeling anymore, so she told the girls she'll go back to the dorm first and get back to herself. 
 
Seulgi arrived home and immediately lie down on the couch.. placed her arm on her head and thought..
"What the heck did I just do?" and tears started fall from her eyes.
Meanwhile, at the hospital.

"But who'd nurse Irene unnie for the coming days? Her parents are far from here and we have our own schedules too. And the managers have to accompany us, as well." said Joy
"Don't worry. I'll take care of it" replied Wendy. "Let's go home first and get some clothes for Irene. Manager unnie will stay here for awhile."

The three girls left the hospital to go home and their manager was left to nurse Irene.

They arrived home and caught Seulgi sleeping on the couch. They didn't wake her up as she's looking tired.

[MORNING] 

Joy and Yeri left early for their music show gigs. Wendy and Seulgi were left home.

"Morning sleepy head! Time to get up." Wendy said as she kicks the couch to wake Seulgi up.

"I'll take a bath first and get a grip of yourself! We have to go back at the hospital." Wendy yelled as she place her left hand on her hip.
Seulgi went to her room to return her stuff. And went to take a bath after Wendy. She took a bath quickly and left the dorm without a word.

Wendy didn't see her leave as she's pampering herself and packing Irene's clothes and other stuff. Then she left the room and couldn't find Seulgi. She went to Seulgi's room and can't her there either. So she called her..
"Hey where are you? You left with a word again!" 
"I'm just somewhere. Just go to the hospital and I'll be on my way."
"Aish!!" Wendy just ended the call because of annoyance.

Wendy arrived at the hospital.
"How's Irene?" asked Wety to the manager.
"She's fine. She actually woke up earlier, but fell asleep again after the doctor checked her." replied the manager.

Seulgi arrived... slowly opening the door. 

"WOW!" said Wendy, "A bouquet of flowers and basket of fruits! You never cease to amaze me!" Wendy said and patted Seulgi.

"Anyway, I have to go to the company with manager unnie. So you're in charge here for awhile." Wendy added.
"O-ok." Seulgi replied.

"I'll just drop Wendy at the company and switch manager to nurse here." replied manager unnie.
"You can do it right? You're already grown up! Just don't do something stupid.. again." Wendy said to Seulgi.
"Alright, alright." replied Seulgi.

Wendy and Manager left.

Seulgi was left alone to nurse Irene. She place the fruit basket and flowers on the side table and sat beside Irene.

Suddenly... she heard a mumbling voice. It was Irene! Seulgi saw her opened her eyes.
"H-hey are you okay? Is there something you need?" Seulgi asked.
"W-where's manager.. unnie?" Irene said in a low tone voice.
"Oh she left with Wendy and drop her at the company. Don't worry I'm here to take care of you." said Seulgi as she caress Irene's hair.

Irene looked around her surroundings and saw the fruits and flowers.

"Who brought them?"  asked Irene.
"I-i did. I brought them for you. I went to buy them before I go here. Do you want some fruits? Are you hungry?" asked Seulgi consecutively.

Irene just smiled.

"Why? What is it?" Seulgi asked.
"No-nothing. It just feels good seeing you care for me that way."
"Ahhh. Of course, unnie! ^_^" Seulgi didn't know what to say.
"Do you want to eat something?" You're allowed to it anything right? And besides these are just fruits." Seulgi said.
"I want rice and cabbage soup :p then I'll eat your fruits next" said Irene.
"I'll order it then!" Seulgi called a Chinese restaurant and ordered their food.

"Hey mind if I go outside and pay the foods. The delivery just arrived." Seulgi said to Irene.
"Okay, go now. I'm really hungry." replied Irene as she rubbed her tummy signifying she's hungry.