Day and Night

Drift7

Mark was beginning to wonder why rich people were ordering more pizza than usual.

This was the 10th call today and all the calls were coming from wealthy part of town.

Mark adjusted his visor, the accessory that completed his pizza delivery uniform.

He was currently parked outside the closed gates of what looked like a huge modular mansion with large glass windows.

Mark stuck his hand out of his window and buzzed the doorbell. The speakers under the intercom gave a screech of static in response.

He buzzed again, this time pulling himself through the window to speak through the window.

Mark cleared his throat "Uh, pizza delivery."

A male voice came through the speakers.

Bzzt "Come in"

Mark put his car in drive and inched forward.

Bzzt "Leave the car"

He eyed the pizza box bag resting on the backseat in the rear view mirror, before stepping out of the car.

The gate unlocked with a clunk before slowly opening to reveal the dirt pathway up to the glass mansion.

Carrying the warm boxes in his arms Mark approached the front door.

Mark raised his hand and gave the black mahogany door two quick raps. Almost instantaneously the door opened. Mark found himself in front of a guy wearing a long black basketball jersey and sweatpants. His matching black cap was worn backwards.

"A person is here!"

Mark realized that this voice was the same voice that came from the intercom by the gate.

"I know!" Came a voice in a distant room.

Mark raised the pizza box in his hands slightly. "I have your double cheese meat lovers pizza, that'll be twenty tw--"
The jersey wearing boy abruptly ran away from the door

"Bam Bam! Money!"

"I said, I'm coming!"

Mark stared blankly at the door that was slightly ajar. He could see the boy in the jersey pacing back and forth.

"Bam Bam!" Jersey boy called again. After hearing no response, he shouted, "Just another rematch! Please. Only one more time"

"No way! You're the one who keeps wrecking my cars!"

Jersey boy stopped pacing. "That's not true..." He paused.  "This time I wrecked my car, not yours!"

In the doorframe, Mark could see the jersey wearing boy hugging the legs of who Mark guessed was Bam Bam.

Bam bam wriggled away and appeared at the doorframe.

"Sorry about that my friends a little crazy". He flashed a smile.

Mark nodded and reached into his pocket for a reciept. "That'll be twenty two--"

The boy in the jersey made a mad dash for the door and slipped past Mark.

Mark stumbled back and gazed at the figure that was retreating towards the iron gates.

"Jackson!" Bam Bam shouted after him.

Mark squinted at who he now knew as Jackson slipping into his delivery car. "He's not doing what I think he's doing is he?"

Bam Bam winced at the sound of a car door slamming shut. "Yup, he's definitely stealing your car"

"What!?"

Mark could hear Jackson revving the engine a stealing away with a loud screech of the tires.

The corner of Bam Bam's mouth twitched up. "I'll give him a head start."

Bam Bam ran into the house.

"Bring the pizza!" He called after him.

Mark, a little dazed stepped into the house. It's not like he even had a choice really. Since his car was stolen all but 3 minutes ago.

Bam Bam poked his head out from a staircase leading downstairs.

"Hey pizza dude come on!" He waved him on frantically.

Mark followed reluctantly.


Upon stepping on the laminated floor, Mark could see that he was not in a basement.

From the shining base coats and glittering fenders, this room was luxury car showroom.

On his right, Mark could see a large picture of Bam Bam in a race car driver jumpsuit holding a large trophy and shaking hands with a handsome foreigner.

That trophy stood on a walll along with a number of smaller yet equally aweing trophies.

Vrooom!! The floor rumbled. Mark was blinded by the headlights of an approaching vehicle. The passenger seat door flew open overhead.

"Get in pizza dude."

Mark carefully seated himself on the plush leather seat. He'd never thought he would ever touch a Lambourghini, let alone sit in one. The butterfly door closed behind him.

Bam Bam revved his engine and reached to shift gears before reaching an open palm out towards Mark.

"What?"

"Pizza" 

Mark reached into the box and placed the cheesy meat packed slice on his hand.

"Great now I can focus." Bam Bam gulped down the slice in three bites and wiped his hands on his seatbelt.

"You're a race car driver?" Mark breathed.

Bam Bam turned towards Mark.

"Race car driver by day, street racer by night. Why?" Bam Bam raised an eyebrow at Mark. "You've ever raced before?"

Mark shook his head wide eyed.

Bam Bam winked. "Take notes." 

Bam bam pressed on the gas and tore out of the garage.