Soda Can

Shades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SODA CAN

 

Surprise! I did not plan to this but here it is~ whether there will be a continuation or not is still not planned so don't expect to much ^^" 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AME! I DEDICATE THIS TO YOU! :3

 

**********************************************

 

Me: I’m here.

 

GaemGyu: I don’t see you. Where are you?

 

Me: In the back.

 

GaemGyu: You have to come in the front door. No hat, no shades.

 

Me: Why?

 

GaemGyu: Those are the rules.

 

I toss my phone at the passenger’s seat and slam my fist against the steering wheel. Then, I shake my hand because that kind of hurt.

 

“I will not let him get to me,” I say out loud to the interior of my car, but saying it does not make it so. He certainly got to me the other day with his handsome smile talk and cute glasses.

 

I’m convinced I’ll never be able to see video games and not think of him. Which is not good and I promised to give back his Starcraft game today. Straight ahead is the backdoor to The Sapphire, and no matter how hard I try to plead Kyuhyun to walk through it, it obviously won’t happen. Is he really going to make me go through the front without a disguise?

 

I won’t do it. I won’t fall for it. He can’t manipulate me like this! Maybe if I run, I can make it inside before anyone sees me.

 

He better not be standing there with a smirk on his face, I’m going to punch his face if he does.

 

I take off my blue cap, shades, and hoodie and clutch the game to my chest with one hand. The other hand rests on the door handle. I take a deep breath and start counting in my head. “One… Two… Three!

 

I’m out of the car and down the alley between The Sapphire and Eternal in seconds. In front of the store, there’s a car in the parking lot. Crap! I shove the front door open so hard the bell overhead clangs like a toddler screaming, I run at full speed down the middle aisle.

 

The next events seem to happen in slow motion, like I have the super-ability to stop time. Kyuhyun steps out at the end of the aisle, blocking my way to the back, his eyes wide and mouth hanging open. He puts his hands up to get me to stop. I try to put on the brakes, but it’s too late. We collide, his arms wrap around me as we fall, and our foreheads bang together. My head spins a little as we lay on the floor in a tangled heap, me on top of him.

 

The moment I get a fraction of my wits back, I brace my hands on the floor on either side of his chest, but when I try to push off, his hold tightens, keeping me firmly in place.

 

“Are you all right?” His mouth is so close to my ear his breath tickles it when he speaks.

 

“I’m fine,” is all I can say as I recover from the goose bumps tripping down my arms.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked him.

 

When we landed, it felt like he banged his head pretty hard on the not-so-soft floor. My hand go to the back of his head as I smoothed my fingers through his scalp and pray I didn’t give the poor guy a concussion. At my touch, he turns his head even more, so his nose and lips are against my jaw. The goose bumps on my arms seem to forget I was trying to recover from them and redouble their efforts.

 

“Yeah,” he says on a breath, his arms tightening around me. “I’m okay. One could even say I’m euphoric. Ecstatic. Floating on cloud nine, even.”

 

My brain has gone into full-blown “grin like a fool” mode again. I pull back a little and turn to him. I feel my way over his scalp, se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter