Chapter 1

Tears Falling

I sit alone on the park bench in front of my house, sitting alone as I cover the moon with my thumb.

 

Walking down the street from the grocery store, Shin felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Since he had a couple bags, he struggled to reach his phone to answer it.

“Ah.. Seyoung hyung’s calling..” He muttered to himself. “Hello?”

“Hey Shin, what’s up?”

“Just runnin’ some errands before Takuya gets home, why?”

“Oh… Right.. I forgot he works today.” Shin could sense the hatred in Seyoung’s voice as he mentioned his boyfriend.

He sighed, “Hyung, I know you don’t like him but don’t talk so badly about him. I don’t know why you hate him so much anyway..”

Seyoung scoffed in reply, “Shin. The guy isn’t exactly nice either. I see the way he treats you now, and I don’t like it.”

“What are you talking about? What has he done? You don’t live with him, you don’t see what he does at home. He’s actually a good guy.”

“Oh really? If he so much as lives with you, then wouldn’t he actually come home on time?” Seyoung retorted sharply.

“What-?” Shin couldn’t believe what he was hearing. His own best friend, ganging up on him about his boyfriend. “Actually, I got to go. I’ll text you when I get home.”

“Wait Shin I-” Shin hung up without letting him talk. He was upset. I mean sure, Takuya’s been coming home late but that’s because he needed to work overtime.. right? He became worried and scared. He didn’t like thinking like this of his boyfriend. He felt wrong. He was supposed to trust him, not doubt him. He stopped abruptly in front of a flower shop.

“Just calm down, Shin. Takuya’s not cheating on you. He’s your boyfriend. He loves you. He wouldn’t-” He paused his muttering. Across the street, inside a restaurant. “Is that..? No.. that can’t be him…” He looked harder and gasped. “No... “ It was Takuya… sitting at a table with some girl. “Maybe they’re just co-workers. I mean co-workers can eat out together..” Takuya slid his hand over the table and held the girl’s hand. He then proceeded to kiss her. Shin lost it. Tears b his eyes, threatening to spill out, he ran as hard as he could back home. He dropped his bags. He didn’t care. He just needed to get home.

 

Like the moon that is covered up with one hand, the times we spent together disappear. We used to walk together, always went to that cafe, the songs we listen to together. The heart pounding first encounter in front of my house and the last memory with you on your roof, Goodbye.

 

Shin bursted through the front door, and slammed it close. He ran towards the bedroom and flopped down on the bed, face first. He couldn’t believe it. His boyfriend of 3 years, cheating on him.. with a girl no less! He continued to cry harder into his pillow.

“Now what..?” He thought helplessly. Truth be told, Takuya has been pretty distant lately, but he wasn’t always. Their friends called them “the honeymoon couple”, because whenever anyone saw them, they were always smiling, laughing and in love. There wasn’t really a time where you saw one without the other. Then one day came where Takuya’s job got more stressful all of the sudden. He’d come home sighing with disheveled hair and tense shoulders. Shin would try to help but Takuya would just brush him off, saying he was fine. From then on, there was barely any talking. Shin would try to start a conversation and all he’d get was one worded answers. He became worried after that. Had he done something wrong? Eventually, Takuya started coming home late and whenever he’d try to ask why, Takuya wouldn’t answer and just change the subject. He was lost.

“Why didn’t I see this coming..? I’m such an idiot…” He felt the hot tears streaming down his cheeks, struggling to breathe from crying so hard for so long. He was done.

“Where’s Takuya…?” He wondered to himself to sleep. “Will you come home tonight… please…”


I fell asleep crying today, exhausted by your memories. I try telling myself not to but I’m only thinking of you with tears. Because I still having feelings for you, Because the memories hurt.