Out

Hold Me Tight

Humming birds sing their sweet song of praise before soaring into their home. The comforting sound of the creaks of the swings and laughter of children filled my ears. Sun rays seep through the vast clouds and my tears were more visible. 

  "HELP! SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

I felt the shreds of gravel brush against my cheek and metallic tasting liquid ran down to my tongue. My spine was crushed against the road as well as all my other ligaments. Fluorescent ruby lights burned my retina and slowly started to dim as the car sped away.

This conception of 'time being precious' has been forced down our throats since the day of birth, and unknowingly, the idea starts to disperse into the back of our minds as we grow older, only to be piece back together at the very end.

"Serena?"

It seems as though when the time we do have on Earth is written in lonely numbers, we start to open our eyes of our life, as if it is already over – our achievements, our mistakes and our regrets.

I only have a limited time on this Earth.

"SERENA!"

And I wish to spend it how I please.

              "It's been 7 months. It's been 7 months since she has been up into this state."

"It's time to move on, Taehyung."

It's time to move on.