Chapter 1

Silently Singing

The heat was scorching my skin as thousands of fans screamed and sang to our songs. Their glow sticks bouncing along to the beat, all while the sweat dripped of my chin. The music from my ear piece was blaring and I couldn’t hear my own breath.

Replay, Replay, Replay....

My pulse was moving in my neck and my muscles were clenching and stretching with each move. Camera one look smile, Camera three look smile. Stretch my hand forward, Wave to fans.

Sing.

Sing.

Sing.

Sing......

No sound. Why was their no sound? Minho caught my eye, he gave me a quizzical look. I shrugged and the fans laughed. They think it’s a mistake, was it?

As I finally walked off stage covered in sweat I felt someone push a drink into my side.

“Forgot your line old man?” Taemin said smirking. I wish I did.

“Shut it Tae, who tripped over?” I said punching him in the arm.

“Oh, this game is it” Taemin laughed rubbing the spot I just hit. Before I could think of a comeback the others had arrived next to me, gulping down the remains of their drink bottles quenching their thirst.

“So since we have a slacker in the group maybe he can volunteer to cook dinner tonight” Key said looking my way.

“Call” They all agreed patting me on the back and turned to head back to the dressing room. Corporal punishment in my opinion, I’ve always failed to cook much but chicken.

Pondering over dinner was the least of my worries at the moment, my main concern at the moment was my slip up. Will it happen again? Or will it just pass like the time my voice was still braking? I could pass it off as just a momentary hiccup. ‘I missed my line, got distracted in the atmosphere’ I could say. Play it like that and nobody would guess how the event truly went. ‘Yes’ no point in worrying anyone on one minor event, causing a kink in my career was what I needed to avoid.

“Harry up old man” Taemin called. As I watched them walk back to the dressing room, I knew there was no point in worrying them over nothing. Their my family and always will be.

“Nice job guys keep up the good work” Our manager said patting us each on the backs as we entered the dressing room.

“Nonna” Minho called out running to his stylist. The poor thing put her arms out for a hug. “Phone please Nonna” he said hands out, she placed it in his hands looking very annoyed. “Thanks” he said turning to ignore her, twiddling his thumbs across the screen laughing.

I Walked past Minho and sat down at my dressing table collecting the towel from besides me to wipe off my sweat. I was handsome enough looking at my features in the mirror. But I could never be considered the model type and I was below my team mate’s standards in my eyes. But I don’t think I would struggle to marry in the future when that time comes. In the reflection of the mirror I can see that key and Jonghyun are auguring again, being playful a normal daily scene. Watching them being themselves after a day of schedules relaxes my mind and puts me at ease.

Taemin collapses head down into the couch on my left and sinks in exhausted. I can see his chest rising and falling with each breath just watching is making me tired and I still need to cook dinner.

“Guys can’t we just get takeout tonight, ill cook tomorrow?”I said hopeful.

“Backing out from a deal are we?” Jonghyun said pausing mid argument with key.

“Well were all exhausted and hungry do you really want my food?” I stated.

“Call” Minho hyped up not taking his eyes from his phone.  Taemin just nodded his head, rubbing it further into the fabric of the sofa.

Once in the car we all began to truly relax slipping into light sleep, snuggling with a pillow into the car’s sides. Key was flicking through the songs on the radio fiddling with the dials.

“Key, sleep, now” I moaned rolling over to smudge my face into the seat belt.

“Old man, were not all tired and someone has to order the food if you lot are sleeping.” Key said pulling the phone from his pocket.

“Chicken?” I stated.

“Forget it hyung, we had that last night.” Taemin peeped up between Minho’s snores.

“Some sort of stew for me.” Jonghyun said his lips.

“But I don’t feel like stew hyung?” Taemin pouted.

“We don’t always get what we want Taemin!” Jonghyun glared at Taemin.

“Hypocrite” And Taemin chucked a pillow hitting Jonghyun in the face.

“Taemin isn’t it past you bed time?” Jonghyun said. Taemin pulled my pillow from underneath me and...
‘WACK’

“HEY you idiot” I shouted as Taemin got me square in the face with my pillow.

“Hyung you should have seen your face!” Jonghyun laughed kicking his feet.

“Old man you got in the way” Taemin said with a smile.

“Shut up and sleep” Minho groaned and we all laughed.

In the end key ordered various dishes from the Korean restaurant near our dorm.

As we entered and made are way to the table to eat, my mind travelled back over the last few hours. What a dramatic day it had been and gone. Yes it was gone and I would move on to another day, start fresh. No more incidents and troubles just sing and sing loudly.

“Are you all good hyung? You look like something is troubling you?” Minho asked giving me a pat on the back.

“I’m all good just tired.” I sighed.

I’m all good...