72.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole


“Junmyeon, where are you taking me?” Yixing asked, stumbling a little as he tried to walk with the other’s hands covering his eyes – it was proving to be quite the challenge.

“You’ll see, just a little further,” came the other’s response, and he was lead down a fairly straight path. He was pulled to a stop before long, one of Junmyeon’s hands moving from his face, followed by a jingle that made Yixing think of keys and he was pretty sure he heard a click before Junmyeon’s hand was on his face again and he was lead forward once more. He was pulled to another stop after a few more steps, this time both of Junmyeon’s hands pulling back from his face.

“Alright, you can open your eyes now.” Yixing blinked his eyes open to allow them to adjust to the light before he looked around. He had been brought to an apartment? That seemed odd. He turned back to Junmyeon once he had made a full circle to examine the parts of the apartment that he could while staying where he was, giving the other a curious look when the blond was holding out his own mobile. Yixing’s eyebrows kit together when he realized that the screen showed that it was connected in a call, taking it when it was offered to him.

“Hello?”

“I have a surprise for you.” Yixing pulled the device from his ear, as if the caller ID would have changed to the name of the person it matched.

“Yifan-Ge?” he asked once the device was pressed to his ear once more. “Is the surprise a new apartment? I thought you knew that I liked living with Junmyeon.”

“That’s why I’m giving you a choice. You can either stay where you live now, or,” there was a small click and Yixing’s attention turned to one of the doors in the apartment, jaw dropping a little when Yifan stepped out from behind it. “You can move here with me.” Yixing stared at him for a moment before looking back at Junmyeon, who was simply smiling at him.

"But... But you have to be in China, I... It would just be Mung and me here..." Yixing said, Yifan taking the few steps needed to close the distance, one hand coming up to cup the younger's cheek.

"The surprise isn't the apartment. Well, not the real surprise at least. The surprise is that I'm staying." The look on Yixing's face must have shown just low lost he was, Yifan's other hand resting on his face as well.

"I don't think I understand."

"My father, well... More so my mother, but they realized how unhappy I was living in China, being away from you and ZiTao... So once my mother started getting better, my father decided to open up a firm here,” Yifan explained, searching Yixing’s confused expression. “So I’m staying here. I won’t have to leave for months or weeks at a time anymore. We can live together… if that’s something that would make you happy.” Yixing was silent long enough that Yifan debated pulling back, the younger stepping back just enough to be out of his hold before he threw himself at Yifan, arms clinging to his neck; the action almost sent the both of them to the floor, and laughter bubbled up from Yifan’s chest.

“I’ll leave you two to celebrate,” Junmyeon said, the pair looking at him before he offered a wave and saw himself out. Yixing looked back to Yifan, the older kissing his forehead before pressing them together.

“What would you like to do to celebrate? We could go to a movie, that restaurant that you’ve wanted to go to for a while, we could-”

“We’re going to the fair!” Yifan blinked, pulling back a little out of surprise by the other’s enthusiastic response.

“The… the fair?”

“Yeah! I wanted to go with you last year, but we weren’t dating yet, and I didn’t want to seem weird for asking you,” Yixing explained, letting his arms slip from around Yifan’s neck to take a hold of his hands instead. The other chuckled, bringing Yixing’s hands up to his lips and kissing his knuckles.

“I had a crush on you and came to all your performances before I even knew that you knew I existed, and you were worried about being the weird one?” he asked, earning a small shrug from the blond before he tugged on the older’s hands.

“Come on! Let’s go!” he insisted, pulling Yifan from the apartment.


They started out on an easy ride, Yifan letting Yixing pick out the order. After a dozen rides they took a break for a snack, going through the vendors hall while their food settled enough for more rides. Three rides into their second round, when Yixing picked a ride where you controlled how much you spun and Yifan had under estimated how strong the younger’s arm muscles were to the point that he was draped over the arm of his seat, going almost cross-eyed from how dizzy it was making him. Eventually the spinning stopped as the ride came to an end, and Yifan got up from his seat, almost falling over to the ground when he lost his footing on the step down, Yixing quick to catch him.

“Yifan-Ge, are you alright?” he asked, noticing the paleness of Yifan’s face as he lead him to a bench to sit at. The other offered a weak nod, his head lolling back so he would have gotten a nice view of the sky if his eyes weren’t closed. His ears were ringing enough that he didn’t hear the younger leave his side or return, flinching at the cold that was pressed to his forehead. His eyes slowly opened and he turned his head, vision focusing on Yixing holding a bottle of water to his face.

“Yixing?”

“If you get over heated you might get sick, so I thought that might be why you’re not feeling well,” the blond explained, moving the bottle to Yifan’s cheek, then his neck, smiling a little at the other’s flinch from the cold. 

“I don’t think it’s the heat, I’ve never been the biggest fan of rides. I thought we would only end up going on a few,” the older admitted, taking the water bottle and lowering it from his skin.

“Why didn’t you say something?”

“Because you looked so happy. I hurt you really badly, and after we decided to have a long distance relationship I told myself that I was going to do everything I could to make you as happy as possible to make up for trying to leave you.” When Yixing didn’t respond, Yifan looked up from the water bottle, just before Yixing placed his hand on the older’s cheek.

“Ge, you coming back to Korea makes me happy. Getting a phone call or a text from you makes me happy. You make me happy. We don’t have to spend the day going on all the rides at the fair for me to be happy with you,” the younger soothed, Yifan leaning into the touch and covering his hand with one of his own. “So if you want to go home, or aren’t feeling well, then we should go home,” Yixing added, Yifan leaning forward to place a kiss on his forehead.

“Only if you’re sure. We could go somewhere nice to eat,” Yifan offered, Yixing shaking his head and standing, taking a hold of both of Yifan’s hands to pull him to his feet.

“I’d rather us make a meal together. Like when we were at the beach house,” he replied, pulling a small chuckle from the older who followed his lead.

“Anything you want,” Yifan murmured, Yixing throwing a smile at him over his shoulder. They were nearing the exit, Yifan noticing the way the blond had slowed down, eyes trailing to the large Ferris wheel that was the main attraction of the fair. Yixing turned his attention back to the exit, surprised when he was pulled to a sudden stop, giving the older a curious look. Yifan tilted his head towards the giant wheel, Yixing looking to it then back to Yifan.

“I thought you were done with rides,” Yixing stated, Yifan walking backwards as he lead Yixing away from the exit.

“One more couldn’t hurt, right?” he offered, heart jumping at the smile that started in Yixing’s eyes before it pulled up the younger’s lips. The wait was longer than Yifan had expected it would be, but the way Yixing bounced on his heels in excitement soon made the wait the last thing on his mind and Yixing’s face lit up even more when it was finally their turn. Into the cart and around and around, Yifan found himself leaning back as Yixing moved around the cart to see everything that he could from the new height with a child like glee. On one of his rounds of the cart Yifan caught him by the waist, pulling him into his lap, a squeak and a giggle escaping the younger before he looked to Yifan who smiled at him in a way he had only seen Jongdae smile at Junmyeon.

“Welcome home, Yifan-Ge,” Yixing said softly, leaning in and giving the other a soft kiss on the lips.

 

 

“I’m not coming back.” Yixing felt his heart stop at the words, and he looked up at the other, taking a step towards him as Yifan took a step back.

“But… but you said… that you were able to come back… that we could live together!” he argued, watching the light brown haired male turn and start to walk away.

“I changed my mind.”


Yixing’s eyes shot open, coughing on the sharp breath he took in, quickly becoming aware of the quiver of his body. He shut his eyes, taking a careful breath, trying to calm himself down. It was just a bad dream, he assured himself. He got used to those when Yifan had stayed in China and even though the older had been back for over two weeks and they had been living together since, they were persistent. Yixing rubbed his face, sighing and shaking his head, as if it would help shake off the fear he had felt in the dream; he just needed to roll over and snuggle against Yifan, and everything would be- His heart jumped into his throat before it started hammering when he found himself alone in the bed. His hands moved over the sheet, desperate to find some trace of warmth, his hands slowing to a stop when he realized the only heat was coming from the friction he was causing. A familiar sting started in his nose, his hands coming up to rub at his eyes as tears spilt over, and he fought back a small sob. When something touched the back of his hands he nearly jumped out of his skin, eyes opening wide as the figure before him came into focus.

“Yixing, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Yixing almost trust the sound of the voice, scared that his mind way playing another trick until he was pulled onto the other’s chest as he laid down; he finally let himself relax as the older’s scent filled his senses.

“I h-had the nightmare where you left… again,” Yixing admitted, feeling the arms around him tighten, and he pressed his face into the other’s neck, feeling Yifan sigh. He couldn’t blame the older if he felt irritated, since the nightmares seemed to come back anytime Yifan got up in the middle of the night to get something to drink or go to the bathroom. Yixing would wake from a nightmare as if the loss of warmth beside him in the bed triggered something. “I’m sorry,” the blond whispered, feeling one of Yifan’s hands come to rest on the back of his head.

“You have nothing to apologize for. I guess I caused a lot more damage than I thought when I left. I just wish I knew of a way to make it all better. I thought that having you move in here with me would erase your fear of me leaving, but it doesn’t seem like it’s done anything to help.” Yifan said, Yixing shifting the fraction of an in closer that he could.

“You left so suddenly without giving a reason why when I thought that everything was fine… I just worry that… nothing’s permanent anymore,” Yixing’s voice grew softer and softer as he spoke, signaling to Yifan that he was falling back asleep, and the older turned his head to place a kiss on the blond’s forehead.

“I’m not leaving again, I promise… I’ll find a way to make you believe me one day.”