Fan Event #2: Parent Trap

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello all~ Time for the next fan event chapter, this time with SuChen ^^ Like the XiuTao this takes place in the future, but by several years, and is a taste towards the project that we have planned after Three Halves has been completed ^^ ))


"What do I get if I win?"

"A day where I take care of both kids."

Junmyeon snorted, rolling onto his other side to look at the other.

"As if you could handle Jungkook." Jongdae sat up on the bed with a small huff.

"Hey, Hyeri isn't the perfectly behaved little girl you think she is," he replied, Junmyeon arching an eyebrow.

"Is that so? How about we trade for a day? I'll take Hyeri to her dance practice and you get to stay home with Jungkook and make sure he doesn't destroy the house." Jongdae let a grin take place of the pout on his lips and he shifted a little closer, lining himself up with the older, kissing the back of his neck.

"Deal."

 


"Papa!" was the only warning before a weight landed on Jongdae's stomach, yanking him out of sleep. He tried to ignore the pain in his stomach while there were lighter thumps on his chest and he opened his eyes to see Jungkook hitting his chest as he squirmed. "Papa wake up! Wake up!"

"Papa's awake, Kookie. And it's not nice to jump on people while they sleep," he said, the curly haired boy rolling back as he sat up.

"Mama said I could." Jongdae stared at the boy for a moment, before frowning.

"He said what?"

"Mama said I could wake you up the way I wake him up after nap time," the little boy giggled and Jongdae ran a hand through his hair.

"Son of a..." he trailed off, looking over at the little one before he smiled and ruffled his hair. "Come on, let's get you some breakfast," he derailed, picking Jungkook up from the bed and making his way to the open bedroom door.

"Who's mama a son of?" Jungkook asked, and Jongdae shook his head a little.

"Mama is a son of grandma," he said, patting the little one's back before sitting him down on one of the dining room chairs.

He opened one of the cupboards, taking down a box of cereal and heard the squeal of wood against the kitchen tile, looking back at the table to see Jungkook’s chair empty. He sighed, making his way back out of the kitchen, tensing a little when he saw Jungkook climbing the shelves of Junmyeon’s bookcase and he bolted across the room, pulling the little one off.

“Don't do that Kookie, it's dangerous. Your mama would kill me if you got hurt under my watch, and I would rather you not break your arm. Trust me, it's not fun,” he said, carrying the three year old and putting him in his highchair this time, making sure to strap him in. “Here, let's be good and eat your cheerios,” he continued, pouring some into one of the plastic bowls before setting it in front of Jungkook.

He turned back to the counter, closing the cereal box when he heard a small tac and he looked back at the curly haired boy who smiled at him and popped a cheerio into his mouth. Jongdae shook his head to himself, turning his attention to putting the feral box away hearing another tac. He closed the cabinet door, looking at Jungkook as he started towards the fridge, opening it and reaching for the carton of juice that Jungkook never seemed to get enough of, hearing a couple more tacs. He ignored it the best he could, trying to play it off as it was probably just Jungkook dropping some of his cheerios back into his bowl when he was picking them up to eat, and he filled a sippy cup for the little one, turning and making his way back to him.

Crunch.

Jongdae frowned, looking down when something squished out under his foot, noticing a dozen or so small circles that littered the floor and he slowly rose his gaze to Jungkook’s. The little boy giggled before shoving the plastic bowl off the table of his highchair, several tacs accompanying the hollow bonk the bowl made as it hit the floor.

“Why are you like this?” Jongdae asked, Jungkook continuing to giggle.

 

“Okay, now that your mess is cleaned up, what do you want to do?”

“Play toys!” Jungkook exclaimed as Jongdae set him down out of his highchair.

“That sounds like a good idea,” Jongdae mused, watching Jungkook run off towards his room. He made his way to the couch, dropping himself on the couch with a small sigh. He laid his head back against the couch, opening his eyes when he heard soft footsteps and he looked to his right in time to see Jungkook walking across the room, trying to reach the front door handle.

“What’re you doing?” he asked, the little one looking back at him as he continued to try and stretch up to reach the handle.

“It’s time to go to the park!”

“I thought you wanted to play with your toys,” Jongdae replied, taking in the mess the little one’s clothes were. He only had one shoe on, and the other foot looked like he had one of Junmyeon or Jongdae’s socks on rather than one that actually fit him. His jacket was on upside down and inside out, and he was still wearing his sleep pants.

“Noooo, park!” Jungkook argued and Jongdae got up from the couch, picking him up and carrying him back to his room while he flailed. “Park! Park! Go park!”

“We’ll go to the park, let's get you dressed the right way first,” Jongdae tried to soothe. It was easier said than done, and Jungkook kept trying to run back toward the door anytime Jongdae let got of him while taking off the oversized sock and replacing it with one that fit once he took off the little one’s jacket. Next came changing his sleep pants and shirt to a pair of jeans and t-shirt, and he turned the jacket right side out and helped him into it once more.

“Park!”

“Yes Kookie, we’re going to the park,” Jongdae said, trailing after the little boy as he ran through the house to the front door again. Jongdae made quick work of changing out of his own sleepwear before joining Jungkook at the door, thankful that the curly haired boy hadn't managed to reach the door handle yet.

“This was a terrible idea,” Jongdae said as Jungkook giggled, continuing to roll in the spot he hand found in the park field that was more mud than grass. It wasn't long before his jeans and jacket were covered in mud, his undershirt not far behind; not to mention Jungkook managed to lose one of his shoes to the mud pile, and Jongdae sighed, reaching into his pocket to pull out his mobile. Selecting one of his contacts he held the device up to his ear, frowning when it rang several more times than usual before there was a soft click.

“Hello?”

“Baekhyun, how do you child?” he asked, hearing the older’s name being whined in the back ground.

“Funny story, I was about to call you and ask you the same thing.” Jongdae sighed, hearing the other groan before a distant “Hey, that's not nice, we don't throw things,” and Baekhyun hugged a sigh of his own. “Let me get back to you on that when we figure it out,” he grumbled before hanging up and Jongdae frowned at his mobile. He looked down and Jungkook who was now sitting up in the mud, giving him the grin he often gave Junmyeon to get out of being in trouble and he shook his head, cracking a small smile.

“You really are a little me, aren't you? How does Junnie handle you?” he asked rhetorically before picking up the muddy child and making their way back home; getting covered in mud as well as snot when Jungkook decided to use the side of his neck to blow his nose.

 

 

"Is Jongdae ill?" Junmyeon frowned a little at the question and shook his head.

"No, is there a reason he should be?" he asked in return, the dance teacher shaking her head a little frantically as if she had realised that her question came off as rude.

"It's just that he's always been the one to bring Hyeri to practice is all. I don't usually see you until recital nights," she explained, and Junmyeon knelt down to kiss Hyeri's forehead and usher her past the teacher into the practice room.

"He just wanted to spend the day with our son, so I offered to take Hyeri to practice and attend the parent meeting in his place," Junmyeon explained, looking down the hall. "Which door do I need to go in for it?" he asked and the teacher stepped out of the doorway, pointing in the opposite direction the blond had been looking.

"Third door down on the left," she instructed and Junmyeon offered her a 'thank you' before making his way down the hall.

"Has Jongdae told you about Hyeri?" Junmyeon looked to the light brown haired female, more than a little confused by the question.

"You mean our daughter? What would he have to tell me about her, is she doing something wrong?"

"Well... She's taken to this... Odd... habit." Junmyeon shifted his focus to the dark haired female that joined the two of them, collecting the stack of handouts he had been given during the meeting and standing from his seat.

"Alright, what is it?" he asked, feeling irritation at how they wouldn't just say whatever his little girl was doing that apparently Jongdae didn't think was important enough to bring up.

"She..."

"Keeps trying to kiss the others in the glass." Junmyeon stared at the two, blinking a couple of times before he shook his head, painting on a small smile.

"What?"

"She tries to kiss several of the other girls in the class. We've asked Jongdae to talk with her on the matter, but if he has it doesn't seem to have left any impression on her," the dark haired female explained. Junmyeon couldn't help the laugh that escaped and he shook his head.

"You have to be pulling my leg on this because I don't attend these meetings as often as I should."

"Junmyeon, I assure you we aren't joking. Some of the girls hold hands with each other and that's fine, but little Hyeri crosses a line." Junmyeon shook his head again, making his way to the door, following the other parents back towards the dance room.

"I'm sure it's a misunderstanding, have you tried asking Hyeri about it?" Junmyeon asked, just as the door to the dance room opened and he stepped inside, his attention quickly turning to the light brown haired girl that had one of the other girls in the class in a tight hug. The captive girl was trying to get away, keeping her head as far back as she could from the other puckered lips.

"Kim Hyeri!" the room went silent, Hyeri releasing the girl in her arms as her puckered lips turned into a pout. "What do you think you're doing?" Junmyeon exclaimed, hurrying over to the two.

"Kissing Jiyeon," Hyeri replied, her pout causing her voice to come out as a little bit of a whine.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because we're married." Hyeri stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

"That doesn't mean you get to kiss me!" Jiyeon argued, Hyeri stomping her foot and looking at the other girl.

"Yes it does! Mama and papa are married and they kiss, so we're married and we kiss, that's the rules!"

"Believe us now, Junmyeon?" The blond closed his eyes, taking a deep breath to avoid glaring at the dark haired woman, taking Hyeri's hand when the little girl tried to move towards Jiyeon again.

"I'll talk with her," he said shortly, half leading, half dragging, Hyeri from the dance room.

"Mama wait! I have to kiss my wife goodbye! She'll be sad if I don't!"

"What makes you think that, Hyeri?" Junmyeon asked, looking down at the light brown haired girl.

"Because Papa gets sad when you go to the store without giving him a goodbye kiss." she said, managing to pull on Junmyeon's hand and slow him down just long enough for her to stomp her foot again, as if it was going to accomplish what she wanted.

“Your Papa warned me that you weren't behaving, I guess I should have believed him,” Junmyeon muttered, looking down at the little girl when he felt her grip on his hand to lax to see her staring at the ground, her shoulders drooping. “Hyeri?” he called, stopping their walk home. She looked up at him, tears in her eyes.

“Does Papa really say that? That I don't behave?” she asked in a watery voice. Her chin began to quiver as the tears spilt over her eyes lids as Junmyeon knelt down in front of her. “Does Papa think I'm bad? Does Papa hate me?” she rattled off, her breathing picking up as she hiccupped on her tears.

“No no, of course Papa doesn't hate you! Papa loves you very much, you have no idea how much he loves you Hyeri.” Junmyeon said, wiping at her tears. “It’s just… the other kid’s mom were telling me that you try to kiss the other girls, and that a lot of the other girls don't like it, that's all sweetheart. We have to be sure to make sure that people are okay with things before we do them. It’s the nice thing to do, right?” he asked, the light brown haired girl nodding as she sniffled.

“I j-just wanted to ki-kiss her… bec-cause we’re married like y-you and Papa,” she whined in a tone that had Junmyeon fighting back a smile. He pulled her into a hug, the back of her head.

“I know, hun. Maybe if you asked her nicely to hold her hand first. You Papa and I held hands for a little while before we kissed, because we wanted to be sure that it was okay with each other,” he said and she pulled her face back from his shoulder.

“R-really?” Hyeri asked and he nodded. “But Papa told me you should always k-kiss someone if you love them. L-like how he says to always tell someone w-when you love them,” she replied, and Junmyeon cracked a small smile.

“That’s true that you should tell people you love them, but you can love someone and not kiss them. I love your uncle Yixing, but we don’t kiss. And Papa loves your uncle Baekhyun and they don’t kiss.”

“But you and Papa are married and you kiss, so I should kiss my wife,” Hyeri pouted and Junmyeon shook his head a little.

“Why do you think you and Jiyeon are married?” he asked.

“Because I asked her if she wanted to marry me and she said yes, so we’re married now.”

“You remind me so much of your Papa,” Junmyeon said, smiling even as the statement came out as a sigh. He looked back to Hyeri, noticing her curious expression. “A long time ago when your Papa asked me to marry him and I said yes, the first thing he did was call up your uncles and state that we were now married,” He explained. “Your uncle Baekhyun got upset because he thought that we had gone and gotten married without inviting him to the wedding, it was actually pretty funny,” he added, Hyeri giggling. “Now, I need you to promise me something.” Her smile drooped as fast as it had surfaced.

“What is it, Mama?”

“I need you to not try to kiss Jiyeon anymore.”

“But-!”

“Hyeri, we need to be nice. She didn’t seem to want a kiss. You don’t want her to be upset with you because you’re trying to do something she doesn’t want you to, do you?”

“No, Mama,” Hyeri said softly, scuffing the ground with her shoe.

“Do you promise?”

“Yes, Mama.”

“That’s my good girl,” Junmyeon said, standing and taking a gentle hold of her hand. “You never know, maybe if you’re patient Jiyeon will try to kiss you instead.” The little girl perked up, looking at Junmyeon with an excited smile as snot dribbled from her nose.

“You think so, Mama?” She asked, Junmyeon pulling a tissue out of his pocket and offering it to her for her to blow her nose with.

“It worked for your Papa, so maybe.”

 

Junmyeon paused when he noticed the muddy hand prints on the front door, before he unlocked and opened the door. There was a short trail of muddy footprints from the entryway leading half way across the living room and Junmyeon closed the door once he and Hyeri were inside. A smile was pulled across his lips when he saw Jongdae laying on the couch in a pair of sleep pants, Jungkook swaddled in a blanket, both snoring softly.


Junmyeon set down three bowls of rice on the table, then a smaller one for Jungkook on the tray of his highchair before he took a seat across from Hyeri at the table. The meal was mostly quiet, and Junmyeon was amused at the sleepy look on Jongdae’s face as he ate.

“How was your day with Jungkook?” He asked, Jongdae looking over at him before smiling.

“Piece of cake,” he replied, and Junmyeon hummed as he turned back to his food.

“Mama! Mama!”

“What is it Kookie?” he asked, looking at the little boy, squirming in his highchair.

“Mama’s a son of a grandma!” Junmyeon stared at the curly haired boy, who burst out into a fit of giggles as he slowly turned to a guilty looking Jongdae.

“Hey, you said I wasn’t allowed to curse around the kids, be lucky he didn’t learn a different way to end that sentence after he jumped onto my stomach this morning.”